Common Names in English:
Typically found in the intertidal zone at the water's edge at a mean distance from sea level of 7 meters (22 feet).
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- C. Linnaeus, 1758
- (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Grobben, 1908
- Infrakingdom: Lophotrochozoa ()
- Branch: Protostomia () - Grobben, 1908
- Subkingdom: Bilateria () - (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Kingdom: Animalia () - C. Linnaeus, 1758 - animals
Status: Accepted Name
Last scrutiny: 24-Jun-1996
Members of the genus Nereis
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 3 species and subspecies in this genus:
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A bibliography of Protozoa, sponges, Coelenterata, and worms, including also the Polyzoa, Brachiopoda and Tunicata, for the years 1861-1883 / edited for the syndics of the University Press. CambridgeUniversity Press1885 url .
- A biological survey of the waters of Woods Hole and vicinity / By Francis B. Sumner, Raymond C. Osburn, and Leon J. Cole. Washington: Govt. Print. Off., 1913 url p. 119, p. 120, p. 121, p. 124, p. 125, p. 277, p. 60, p. 61, p. 619, p. 620, p. 65, p. 67, p. 7, p. 70, p. 71, p. 73, p. 75, p. 851.
- A catalogue of the British non-parasitical worms in the collection of the British Museum, LondonPrinted by order of the Trustees1865 url p. 148, p. 149, p. 150, p. 151, p. 152, p. 153, p. 154, p. 341, p. 355.
- A guide to the shell and starfish galleries (Mollusca, Polyzoa, Brachiopoda, Tunicata, Echinoderma, and worms), Department of zoology, British museum (Natural history). London, Printed by order of the Trustees [by W. Clowes and sons, limited]1908. url p. 125.
- A history of luminescence from the earliest times until 1900. Philadelphia, American Philosophical Society, 1957. url p. 577.
- A manual of the common invertebrate animals, exclusive of insects / by Henry Sherring Pratt. .. with over one thousand illustrations. Chicago: A.C. McClurg & Co., 1923. url p. 288.
- A monograph of the British marine annelids. 2 1908 London, The Ray society, 1873/1900-1922/23. url p. , p. , p. , p. 187, p. 249, p. 253, p. 254, p. 256, p. 259, p. 266, p. 267, p. 268, p. 269, p. 270, p. 271, p. 272, p. 273, p. 274, p. 275, p. 276, p. 277, p. 278, p. 279, p. 280, p. 281, p. 284, p. 288, p. 290, p. 293, p. 297, p. 298, p. 299, p. 304, p. 309, p. 313, p. 317, p. 324, p. 339, p. 444, p. 9.
- A monograph on the Polychaeta of southern Africa / By J.H. Day, &c. London: BM(NH), 1967. url p. 307, p. 315.
- A popular zoology / by J. Dorman Steele and J.W.P. Jenks. New York: A.S. Barnes & Company, c 1887. url p. 315.
- A student's text-book of zoology / by Adam Sedgwick. London: S. Sonnenschein and co.; 1898-1909. url p. 479.
- A student's text-book of zoology, by Adam Sedgwick. London, S. Sonnenschein and Co.;1898-1909. url p. 479.
- Allan Hancock Pacific expeditions. [Reports] Los Angeles, University of Southern California Press. url p. 179, p. 187, p. 192, p. 194, p. 195, p. 220, p. 225, p. 268, p. 419, p. 91.
- American Museum novitates. New YorkAmerican Museum of Natural History url p. 1, p. 7.
- Animal life by the sea-shore, London, "Country life, " ltd. [etc.]; url , , .
- Animals of the seashore, by Horace G. Richards. Boston, B. Humphries, inc.[c1938] url p. 119, p. 120, p. 126, p. 271.
- Annals of natural history. London, R. and J.E. Taylor, url p. 171, p. 172, p. 172, p. 172, p. 173, p. 173, p. 173, p. 291, p. 291, p. 291, p. 292, p. 292, p. 292, p. 293, p. 293, p. 294, p. 294, p. 294.
- Annual report of the Board of Regents of the Smithsonian Institution. Washington: Smithsonian Institution, -1965. url p. 295.
- Annual report of the Regents / Albany: J.B. Lyon, State Printer, 1890-1903. url p. 228.
- Anzeiger der Kaiserlichen Akademie der Wissenschaften, Mathematisch-Naturwissenschaftliche Classe. Wien: Der Akademie, 1864-1914. url p. 138, p. 138, p. 153, p. 153.
- Archiv for mathematik og naturvidenskab. Oslo [etc.]O. Norlis [etc.] url p. 8.
- Biology of the seas of the U.S.S.R. Translated by S. Botcharskaya. New York, Interscience Publishers url p. 126, p. 127, p. 210, p. 305, p. 625, p. 847.
- British fauna, containing a compendium of the zoology of the British Islands: arranged according to the Linnean system. By W. Turton. .. Vol. I, including the classes Mammalia, birds, Amphibia, fishes and worms. .. Swansea, Printed by J. Evans, 1807. url p. 135.
- Bulletin - United States National Museum. 1879 Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.];1877-1971. url p. 141, p. 149, p. 153, p. 160, p. 162, p. 177, p. 179, p. 180, p. 321, p. 340.
- Bulletin of the Bureau of Fisheries. Washington, D.C.: Govt. Print. Off., 1905-1950. url , p. 119, p. 120, p. 121, p. 124, p. 1242, p. 125, p. 277, p. 60, p. 61, p. 65, p. 67, p. 7, p. 71, p. 73, p. 75.
- Bulletin of the Southern California Academy of Sciences Los Angeles, Calif.: The Academy, 1971- url p. 33.
- Bulletin, Gulf Biologic Station, Baton Rouge, Louisiana State Board of Agriculture and Immigration., 1902-1910. url p. 41.
- By the deep sea. A popular introduction to the wild life of the British shores, by Edward Step; with 122 illustrations by P.H. Gosse [and others] London, Jarrold & Sons, 1896. url .
- Carotenoids, by Paul Karrer and Ernst Jucker. Translated and rev. by Ernest A. Braude. New York, Elsevier Pub. Co., 1950. url p. 370, p. 88.
- Cassell's natural history. Ed. by P. Martin Duncan. .. London [etc]Cassell & Company, Limited, 1891-96. url p. 231.
- Catalogue of the Chaetopoda in the British Museum (Natural History). London, Printed by Order of the Trustees of the British Museum, 1912. url p. 7.
- Comparative animal physiology, by David W. Bishop [and others] Philadelphia, Saunders, 1950. url p. 14, p. 16, p. 17, p. 878.
- Contributions to North American ichthyology. Based primarily on the collections of the United States National Museum. Washington: Govt. print. off., 1877-78. url p. 141, p. 177.
- Discovery reports. London; Cambridge University Press. url p. 106, p. 12, p. 6.
- Environmental benchmark studies in Casco Bay, Portland Harbor, Maine, April 1980 / Peter F. Larsen, Anne C. Johnson, and Lee F. Doggett. Woods Hole, Mass.: U.S. Dept. of Commerce, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, National Marine Fisheries Service, Northeast Fisheries Center; 1983. url p. 137.
- Essex naturalist: being the journal of the Essex Field Club. Buckhurst Hill, Essex, The Club. url p. 88.
- Fauna of the U.S.S.R.: Polychaetes. Jerusalem, Israel Program for Scientific Translations [available from the U. S. Dept. of Commerce, National Technical Information Service, Springfield, Va.]1974- url p. 87.
- Fauna, flora & geology of the Clyde area, ed. by G.F. Scott Elliot, Malcolm Laurie and J. Barclay Murdoch. Glasgow, Pub. by the local committee for the meeting of the British Association, 1901. url p. 360.
- Fishery bulletin. United States Fish and Wildlife Service. Washington, The Service, U.S. Govt Print. Off. url p. 30, p. 414, p. 416.
- Fishery circular / U.S. Department of Commerce, Bureau of Fisheries. [Washington]: The Bureau, 1931-1939. url p. 41.
- Fourteen weeks in zoology / by J. Dorman Steele. New York: A.S. Barnes & Company, c1876. url p. 236.
- General embryological information service. Utrecht, Hubrecht Laboratory. url p. 41, p. 46.
- Georges Bank benthic infauna monitoring program: final report for second year of sampling (July, 1982-May, 1983) / [Nancy Maciolek-Blake. .. et al.] Washington, D.C.: Prepared for U.S. Dept. of Interior, Minerals Management Service by Battelle New England Research Laboratory and Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, 1984. url .
- Guide to the shell and starfish galleries (Mollusca, Echinodermata, Vermes) in the Department of Zoology of the British Museum (Natural History) [London]: Printed by order of the Trustees, 1888. url p. 69, p. 72.
- Guide to the zoological collections in the Invertebrate gallery of the Indian Musem. Calcutta: Printed by Order of the Indian Museum, 1894. url p. 45.
- Handbook of zoology / by J. van der Hoeven. Cambridge: University Press, 1856-1858. url p. 242.
- Hardwicke's science-gossip: an illustrated medium of interchange and gossip for students and lovers of nature. London: Robert Hardwicke, 1866- url p. 231.
- Hydrographical and biological investigations in Norwegian fiords. By O. Nordgaard. The protist plankton and the diatoms in bottom samples. By E. Jørgensen. With 21 plates and 10 figures in the text. Bergen, J. Grieg, 1905. url p. 162, p. 235.
- Jenaische Zeitschrift für Naturwissenschaft. Jena, Gustav Fischer [etc.]. url p. 161, p. 450, p. 465, p. 782, p. 98.
- Journal of morphology. Boston: Ginn & Co., [1887-1924] url p. 178, p. 216.
- Journal of the Marine Biological Association of the United Kingdom. Cambridge [etc.]Cambridge University Press [etc.] url p. 107, p. 160, p. 245, p. 248, p. 310, p. 318, p. 342, p. 351, p. 391, p. 402, p. 421, p. 437, p. 517, p. 619.
- Journal of the Right Hon. Sir Joseph Banks. .. during Captain Cook's first voyage in H.M.S. Endeavour in 1768-71 to Terra del Fuego, Otahite, New Zealand, Australia, the Dutch East Indies, etc. / London; Macmillan & Co., Ltd., 1896. url .
- Journal of the Royal Microscopical Society. Oxford [etc.]Royal Microscopical Society. url p. 296, p. 553.
- Leeches (Hirudinea) their structure, physiology, ecology and embryology / by K.H. Mann. With an appendix on the systematics of marine leeches, by E. W. Knight-Jones. New York, Pergamon Press, 1962. url p. 196.
- Life by the seashore: an introduction to natural history / by Marion Newbigin London: Swan Sonnenschein, 1910 url , , p. 104, p. 106, p. 123, p. 124, p. 335, p. 336, p. 337, p. 342, p. 84, p. 86.
- Life; a book for elementary students, by Sir Arthur E. Shipley. Cambridge [Eng.]University Press, 1923. url , p. 145.
- List of marine invertebrata from the New England Coast: distributed by the U.S. Commission of Fish and Fisheries. Washington: The Institution, 1881 url p. 228.
- List of marine invertebrates, mainly from the New England coast, distributed by the United States National Museum. prepared by Richard Rathbun. Washington: United States National Museum, 1882 url p. 299.
- Manual of the natural history, geology and physics of Greenland and the neighbouring regions / prepared for the use of the Arctic expedition of 1875, under the direction of the Arctic Committee of the London: Printed for H.M.S.O., 1875. url , .
- Materials for the study of variation: treated with especial regard to discontinuity in the origin of species / by William Bateson. London: Macmillan, 1894. url p. 564.
- Meddelelser om Grønland. København, C. A. Reitzels Forlag, 1879-1979. url p. 156, p. 158, p. 168, p. 420, p. 421, p. 661, p. 662, p. 663, p. 664, p. 665, p. 667, p. 697.
- Memoirs of the Museum of Comparative Zoölogy, at Harvard College, Cambridge, Mass. Cambridge [Mass.]: The Museum, 1876-1940. url , p. 16, p. 193, p. 194, p. 213, p. 463.
- Natural science. London: Macmillan & Co., [1892-1899] url p. 197.
- Natural science: a monthly review of scientific progress. London [etc.]: Macmillan and Company [etc.], [1892-1899] url p. 197.
- Nature and extent of fouling of ships' bottoms / by J. Paul Visscher. Washington, D.C.: for sale by the Supt. of Docs., 1928. url p. 199.
- Nature. London, etc., Macmillan Journals Ltd., etc. url p. 284.
- New York State Museum bulletin. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1916-1944. url p. 165.
- Notes from the Royal Botanic Garden, Edinburgh. 3 1905 Edinburgh: H. M. Stationery Off. url p. 254.
- Notes on the natural history of East Finmark / by A.M. Norman. London: [s.n.], 1902-1905. url p. 282.
- On intestinal respiration in annelids: with considerations on the origin and evolution of the vascular system in that group / by J. Stephenson. [Edinburgh?: Royal Society of Edinburgh?], 1913. url p. 813.
- Our floating population: buoy collecting 1937-1940 / by George M. Gray.  url , , , , , , , , , .
- Outlines of zoology / by J. Arthur Thomson. London; Humphrey Milford, Oxford University Press, 1944. url , p. 267.
- Outlines of zoology, Edinburgh, H. Frowde and Hodder & Stoughton, 1899. url , .
- Outlines of zoology, New York, Appleton, 1916. url .
- Outlines of zoology, by J. Arthur Thomson. Edinburgh [etc.]H. Frowde and Hodder & Stoughton, 1921. url , p. 231.
- Oysters, and all about them: being a complete history of the titular subject, exhaustive on all points of necessary and curious information from the earliest writers to those of the present time, with numerous additions, facts, a by John R. Philpots. London: J. Richardson, 1890-91. url p. 1058, p. 1327.
- Polychaetous annelids and benthic environments in Tampa Bay, Florida. 1971. url p. 255.
- Proceedings of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia. Philadelphia, Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia url p. 140, p. 274, p. 342, p. 431, p. 431, p. 837, p. 837, p. 938, p. 938.
- Proceedings of the Biological Society of Washington. Washington, Biological Society of Washington url p. 205, p. 676, p. 7.
- Proceedings of the Linnean Society of New South Wales. Sydney, Linnean Society of New South Wales. url , p. 238.
- Proceedings of the Royal Irish Academy. Dublin: Royal Irish Academy, 1841- url p. 216, p. 232, p. 7, p. 80.
- Proceedings of the Royal Physical Society of Edinburgh. Edinburgh: The Society, 1858-1955 url p. 203, p. 274.
- Proceedings of the United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.] url p. 1, p. 1, p. 137, p. 138, p. 16, p. 228, p. 264, p. 268, p. 284, p. 299, p. 467, p. 532, p. 534, p. 535, p. 539, p. 540, p. 557, p. 605, p. 652, p. 653, p. 685.
- Proceedings of the Zoological Society of London. London: Academic Press, [etc.], 1833-1965. url , p. 240, p. 3, p. 4, p. 4, p. 721, p. 9.
- Quarterly journal of microscopical science. Oxford, [etc.]Clarendon Press [etc.] url p. 258, p. 270.
- Report of the Canadian Arctic Expedition 1913-18. Ottawa, F. A. Acland, Printer to the King, 1919- url , .
- Report of the Commissioner for. .. / United States Commission of Fish and Fisheries. Washington: G.P.O., 1874-1905. url p. 1020, p. 718, p. 718, p. 724, p. 750, p. 809, p. 811, p. 816, p. 866.
- Report of the Second Norwegian Arctic expedition in the "Fram" 1898-1902. .. Kristiania, In commission by T. O. Brøgger, 1907-1919. url .
- Report of the second Norwegian Arctic Expedition in the "Fram", 1898-1902. Published by Videnskabs-selskabet i Kristiania, at the expense of the Fridjof Nansen Fund for the Advancement of Science. KristianiaT.O. Brøgger1907-19 url p. 13.
- Report on the conditions of the sea fisheries of the south coast of New England / United States Commission of Fish and Fisheries. Washington: Govt. Print. Off., 1873. url , , p. 319, p. 332, p. 332, p. 397, p. 410, p. 422, p. 434, p. 434, p. 453, p. 453, p. 488, p. 488, p. 498, p. 512, p. 512.
- Report on the scientific results of the voyage of S.Y. "Scotia" during the years 1902, 1903 and 1904, under the leadership of William S. Bruce. Edinburgh:Scottish Oceanographical Laboratory, 1907-20. url p. 210, p. 211.
- Report upon the fauna of Liverpool Bay and the neighboring seas, written by members of the Liverpool Marine Biology Committee, and edited by W.A. Herdman. London, Longmans, Green, 1886-1900. url p. 127, p. 144, p. 146, p. 154, p. 286, p. 322, p. 332, p. 48.
- Report upon the invertebrate animals of Vineyard Sound and adjacent waters: with an account of the physical features of the region / by A.E. Verrill and S.T. Smith. Washington: G.P.O., 1874. url , p. 103, p. 116, p. 128, p. 140, p. 159, p. 204, p. 218, p. 25, p. 38.
- Reports on zoology for 1843, 1844 / Tr. from the German by George Busk, Alfred Tulk, esq., and Alexander H. Haliday, esq. London: Printed for the Ray society, 1847. url p. 506.
- Reports. OttawaKing's Printer1917 url p. 14, p. 4.
- Science-gossip. Berlin: R. Friedländer & Sohn, -1902. url p. 229.
- Science. New York, N.Y.: [s.n.]1880- url p. 959.
- Sea and inland fisheries: report. DublinStationery Off. url p. 11, p. 14, p. 43.
- Sea-shore life; The invertebrates of the New York coast, by Alfred Goldsborough Mayer. New York: The New York zoological society, 1905. url p. 66.
- Sea-shore life; the invertebrates of the New York coast and the adjacent coast region, by Alfred Goldsborough Mayer. [New York]A. S. Barnes, 1905. url fig. 36 , p. 66.
- Seasonal distribution of the plankton of the Woods Hole region. Washington, D.C.: U.S. G.P.O, 1925. url p. 133.
- Sexual dimorphism in the animal kingdom, a theory of the evolution of secondary sexual characters. London, Black, 1900. url p. 296.
- Smithsonian contributions to knowledge. Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1848-1916. url p. 33, p. 64.
- Smithsonian miscellaneous collections. 128 1956 Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1862-1968. url p. 139, p. 141, p. 184, p. 228, p. 299.
- Special scientific report. Seattle, National Marine Fisheries Service; for sale by the Supt. of Docs., U.S. Govt. Print. Off., 1949-1971. url p. 18, p. 24, p. 31.
- Synopsis of the marine Invertebrata of Grand Manan: or the region about the mouth of the Bay of Fundy, New Brunswick. By William Stimpson. Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1853 url p. 33, p. 33, p. 64.
- The American journal of science. ser. 3: v. 7 1874 New Haven, Kline Geology Laboratory, Yale University. url p. 39, p. 411, p. 43, p. 45.
- The Annals and magazine of natural history; zoology, botany, and geology being a continuation of the Annals combined with Loudon and Charlesworth's Magazine of Natural History. London, Taylor and Francis, Ltd. url p. 122, p. 123, p. 123, p. 147, p. 147, p. 188, p. 188, p. 198, p. 200, p. 271, p. 277, p. 277, p. 282, p. 293, p. 295, p. 4, p. 402, p. 402, p. 45, p. 45, p. 451, p. 451, p. 456, p. 586, p. 66, p. 72.
- The Annelida Polychaeta / by Ralph V. Chamberlin. 48 1919 Cambridge: Museum of Comparative Zoölogy at Harvard College, 1919. url p. 16, p. 193, p. 213, p. 463, p. 9.
- The Biological bulletin. Woods Hole, Mass.: Marine Biological Laboratory, url p. 115, p. 117, p. 118, p. 178, p. 204, p. 213, p. 214, p. 218, p. 357, p. 400, p. 402, p. 405, p. 406, p. 474, p. 510, p. 515.
- The British nature book; a complete handbook and guide to British nature study, embracing the mammals, birds, reptiles, fish, insects, plants, etc., in the United Kingdom, by S.N. Sedgwick. .. Edinburgh, T.C. & E.C. Jack, Ltd., 1922. url p. 320.
- The Bulletin of zoological nomenclature. London, International Trust for Zoological Nomenclature. url p. 10, p. 71.
- The Cambridge natural history / edited by Sir S.F. Harmer and Sir A.E. Shipley. London: Macmillan, 1922-27 url p. 299.
- The Canadian field-naturalist. Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url p. 527, p. 66.
- The Canadian ice age being notes on the pleistocene geology of Canada: with especial reference to the life of the period and its climatal conditions / by Sir J. William Dawson. Montreal: W.V. Dawson, 1893. url p. 260.
- The Canadian ice age: being notes on the pleistocene geology of Canada, with especial reference to the life of the period and its climatal conditions. MontrealW.V. Dawson1893 url p. 260.
- The Canadian naturalist and geologist. Montreal: B. Dawson, 1856-1868. url p. 418.
- The Canadian record of science. Montreal, Natural History Society. url p. 88.
- The Danish Ingolf-expedition. CopenhagenH. Hagerup1899-1953 url , p. 19, p. 20, p. 70.
- The Glasgow naturalist. Glasgow, Andersonian Naturalists of Glasgow. url p. 116.
- The Journal of the Linnean Society of London. London: Academic Press [etc.], 1865-1968. url p. 127, p. 437, p. 494, p. 753.
- The Labrador coast. A journal of two summer cruises to that region. New York: N.D.C. Hodges, 1891. url .
- The Labrador coast. New York, N. D. C. Hodges: [etc., etc.]1891. url p. 381.
- The Naturalist. 1898 [Doncaster: Yorkshire Naturalists' Union], 1874- url p. 111, p. 70, p. 79, p. 80.
- The Oregon naturalist. Oregon City, Or.: Naturalist Pub. Co., url p. 74.
- The Victoria history of the county of Cornwall. Edited by William Page. [LondonConstable]1906 url .
- The animal kingdom arranged in conformity with its organization / by the Baron Cuvier; the Crustacea, Arachnides and Insecta, by P.A. Latreille; translated from the French, with notes and additions, by H. M'Murtrie; in four volumes, with plates. New York: G. & C. & H. Carvill, 1831. url p. 457, p. 457.
- The animal kingdom, arranged according to its organization, serving as a foundation for the natural history of animals: and an introduction to comparative anatomy / Baron Cuvier. London, G. Henderson, 1834-37. url p. 135.
- The animal life of our seashore. With special reference to the New Jersey coast and the southern shore of Long Island. Philadelphia, J. B. Lippincott Company, 1906. url .
- The biology of marine animals. New York, Interscience Publishers url p. 35, p. 37, p. 42.
- The depths of the ocean: a general account of the modern science of oceanography based largely on the scientific researches of the Norwegian steamer Michael Sars in the North Atlantic / by Sir John Murray and Dr. Johan Hjort; with contributions from Professor A. Appellöf, Professor H. H. Gran and Dr. B. Helland-Hansen. London: Macmillan, 1912. url p. 530.
- The fisheries and fishery industries of the United States. Prepared through the co-operation of the commissioner of fisheries and the superintendent of the tenth census by George Brown Goode. .. and a staff of associates. .. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1884-87. url .
- The invertebrate fauna of the Firth of Forth. By George Leslie and W. A. Herdman. Edinburgh, Printed by M'Farlane & Erskine, 1881. url p. 65, p. 65.
- The marine fishes and invertebrates of Loch Fyne. 2 Edinburgh, Fishery Board, 1897 url p. 159.
- The marine invertebrates and fishes of St. Andrews / By W. C. M'Intosh. Edinburgh: A. and C. Black; [etc., etc.]1875. url p. 122.
- The natural history of the marketable marine fishes of the British islands. Prepared by order of the council of the Marine biological association especially for the use of those interested in the sea-fishing industries. By J.T. Cunningham. .. With a preface by E. Ray Lankeste London, Macmillian and co., 1896. url p. 124.
- The naturalist. London: Simpkin, Marshall, 1865- url p. 351, p. 365, p. 369.
- The physiology of the Invertebrata, New York, D. Appleton and Company, 1892. url .
- The physiology of the invertebrata / by A. B. Griffiths. London: L. Reeve, 1892. url p. 91.
- The sea-beach at ebb-tide: a guide to the study of the seaweeds and the lower animal life found between tidemarks / by Augusta Foote Arnold. New York: The Century Co., 1901. url p. 176, p. 177, p. 486.
- The sea-beach at ebb-tide; a guide to the study of the seaweeds and the lower animal life found between tidemarks. New York, The Century co., 1901. url .
- The standard natural history / edited by John Sterling Kingsley. Boston: S.E. Cassino, 1884-85. url p. 228.
- The standard natural history. Boston, S. E. Cassino and Company, 1884-85. url .
- Transactions of the Connecticut Academy of Arts and Sciences. New Haven: Published by the Academy, 1866- url p. 12, p. 12, p. 16, p. 16, p. 20, p. 20, p. 288, p. 290, p. 290, p. 291, p. 293, p. 293, p. 294, p. 294, p. 295, p. 295, p. 296, p. 296, p. 301, p. 301, p. 304, p. 304, p. 308, p. 308, p. 311, p. 315, p. 316, p. 316, p. 324, p. 324, p. 4, p. 527, p. 527, p. 6, p. 6.
- Transactions of the Linnean Society of London. London: [The Society], 1879- url , p. 602.
- Transactions of the Natural History Society of Northumberland, Durham, and Newcastle-upon-Tyne. Newcastle-upon-Tyne [et al.]F. & W. Dodsworth [et al.]1865/67-1973. url p. 119.
- Zoology: an elementary text-book. Cambridge: Univ. Press, 1920. url .
- [A biological survey of the waters of Woods Hole and vicinity. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1913] url p. 119, p. 120, p. 121, p. 124, p. 125, p. 277, p. 60, p. 61, p. 65, p. 67, p. 7, p. 70, p. 71, p. 73, p. 75.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 16, 2012.
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal November 18, 2007:
- Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences, Rutgers University, Atlantic Reference Centre
- Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences, Rutgers University, Bay of Fundy Species List
- Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences, Rutgers University, BioMar
- Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences, Rutgers University, Biogeography Scheldt Estuary
- Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences, Rutgers University, EPA'S EMAP Database
- Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences, Rutgers University, Gwaii Haanas Invertebrates
- Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences, Rutgers University, Historical hyperbenthos data
- from the North Sea and some adjacent areas
- Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences, Rutgers University, Historical quantitative benthos grab samples from the Southern Baltic Sea
- Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences, Rutgers University, Histroical benthic dredge samples from the southern baltic and the North Sea
- Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences, Rutgers University, NBI
- Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences, Rutgers University, NODC WOD01 Plankton Database
- Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences, Rutgers University, Natural Geography In Shore Areas
- Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences, Rutgers University, Taxonomic Information Sytem for the Belgian coastal area
- NLBIF, Zoological Museum Amsterdam - Noordzee
- The Danish Biodiversity Information Facility, Marine Benthic Fauna List, Læsø, Denmark
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Invertebrates
- UK National Biodiversity Network, Marine Biological Association - Marine survey data
- held by MarLIN.
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 218538
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: ITS-65906
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 5197090
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 65905
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 503436