Typically found in water with a depth of 0 to -4,869 meters (0 to -15,974 feet).
Biome: Marine .
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- C. Linnaeus, 1758
- (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Grobben, 1908
- Phylum: Mollusca () - (C. Linnaeus, 1758) Cuvier, 1795 - Molluscs
- Superphylum: Eutrochozoa ()
- Infrakingdom: Lophotrochozoa ()
- Branch: Protostomia () - Grobben, 1908
- Subkingdom: Bilateria () - (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Kingdom: Animalia () - C. Linnaeus, 1758 - animals
Status: Accepted Name
Last scrutiny: 24-Jun-1996
Members of the genus Nucula
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 16 species and subspecies in this genus:
N. aegeensis (Aegean Nutclam) · N. atacellana (Cancellate Nutclam) · N. calcicola (Reef Nutclam) · N. calcicola calcicola (Reef Nutclam) · N. carlottensis (Charlotte Nutclam) · N. castrensis (Spotted Leporinus) · N. crenulata (Crenulate Nutclam) · N. cyrenoides (One-Striped African Characin) · N. delphinodonta (Dolphintooth Nutclam) · N. exigua (Iridescent Nutclam) · N. groenlandica (Greenland Nutclam) · N. lyalli (Utah Chub) · N. nucleus (Nuclear Nut Clam) · N. paulula (Pirambeba) · N. portlandica (Northern Hog Sucker) · N. proxima proxima (Atlantic Nutclam)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A pocket list of British marine Mollusca, compiled by the Rev. Geo. Bailey. Newmarket, Tindall & co., printers[pref. 1887] url p. 6.
- Biology of the seas of the U.S.S.R. Translated by S. Botcharskaya. New York, Interscience Publishers url p. 447.
- British conchology, or, An account of the Mollusca which now inhabit the British Isles and the surrounding seas / by John Gwyn Jeffreys. London: John Van Voorst, 1862-1869. url p. 117, p. 141, p. 143.
- British conchology: or, an account of the Mollusca which now inhabit the British Isles and the surrounding seas / by John Gwyn Jeffreys. London: J. Van Voorst, 1862-69. url p. 117, p. 141, p. 143.
- British conchology; or, An account of the Mollusca which now inhabit the British Isles and the surrounding seas, by John Gwyn Jeffreys. London, J. Van Voorst, 1862-69. url p. 117, p. 141, p. 143, p. 172.
- Bulletin of the British Museum (Natural History). London: BM(NH) url p. 155.
- Bulletin of the Museum of Comparative Zoology at Harvard College. Cambridge, Mass.: The Museum, 1863- url p. 247, p. 247.
- Carotenoids, by Paul Karrer and Ernst Jucker. Translated and rev. by Ernest A. Braude. New York, Elsevier Pub. Co., 1950. url p. 371, p. 85.
- Carotenoids, their comparative biochemistry. New York, Chemical Pub. Co., 1954. url p. 182.
- Conchologia iconica, or, Illustrations of the shells of molluscous animals / by Lovell Augustus Reeve. London: Reeve, Brothers, 1843-1878. url p. 8, p. 9.
- Eocene Mollusca from Nigeria, by R. Bullen Newton. .. With an appendix on the Foraminifera from the same deposits, by E. Heron-Allen. .. and A. Earland. .. With a map and 11 plates of fossils. Pub. by authority of the Nigerian gov [London, etc., Waterlow & sons limited], 1922. url p. 73.
- Fauna, flora & geology of the Clyde area, ed. by G.F. Scott Elliot, Malcolm Laurie and J. Barclay Murdoch. Glasgow, Pub. by the local committee for the meeting of the British Association, 1901. url p. 191.
- Figures of molluscous animals, selected from various authors. Etched for the use of students by Maria Emma Gray. .. London, Longman, Brown, Green and Longmans, 1859. url p. 40.
- Geological magazine. London [etc.]Cambridge University Press. url p. 264.
- Hardwicke's science-gossip: an illustrated medium of interchange and gossip for students and lovers of nature. London: Robert Hardwicke, 1866- url p. 168.
- Humboldt; Monatsschrift für die gesamten Naturwissenschaften. Stuttgart, F. Enke, 1882-90. url p. 76.
- Illustrated index of British shells: containing figures of all the recent species, with names and other information / G.B. Sowerby. 1859 London: Simpkin, Marshall, and Co., and the Author, 1859. url plate text VIII.
- Journal of conchology. London: D. Bogue. url p. 127, p. 234, p. 308, p. 71, p. 75, p. 76, p. 82.
- Journal of the Marine Biological Association of the United Kingdom. Cambridge [etc.]Cambridge University Press [etc.] url p. 361.
- Manual of the New Zealand Mollusca. A systematic and descriptive catalogue of the marine and land shells, and of the soft mollusks and Polyzoa of New Zealand and the adjacent islands, by Frederick Wollaston Hutton. Wellington, Printed at the office of J. Hughes, 1880. url p. 164.
- Manual of the New Zealand mollusca / with an atlas of quarto plates. Wellington, N. Z.: J. Mackay, govt. printer, 1913-1915. url p. 832.
- Nature. London, Macmillan. url p. 220, p. 8.
- Our country's shells and how to know them: a guide to the British mollusca / by W.J. Gordon. .. with a coloured illustration of every species, and many original diagrams, by A. Lambert London: Simpkin, Marshall, Hamilton, Kent & Co.,  url p. 4.
- "Pola" expedition: Mollusks. [5 works on mollusks resulting from investigations on voyages of the S.M. Schiff "Pola", 1890-1898] Wien, K.K. Hof- und Staatsdruckerei, 1896-1903. url p. 18, p. 30, p. 7.
- Proceedings of the National Shellfisheries Association. Plymouth, Mass., Published for the National Shellfisheries Association by MPG Communications. url p. 117.
- Proceedings of the Zoological Society of London. London: Academic Press, [etc.], 1833-1965. url p. 144, p. 144, p. 583, p. 856.
- Quarterly journal of conchology. London, D. Bogue. url p. 279.
- Report upon the fauna of Liverpool Bay and the neighboring seas, written by members of the Liverpool Marine Biology Committee, and edited by W.A. Herdman. London, Longmans, Green, 1886-1900. url p. 175, p. 27.
- Science-gossip. Berlin: R. Friedländer & Sohn, -1902. url p. 192.
- The Annals and magazine of natural history; zoology, botany, and geology being a continuation of the Annals combined with Loudon and Charlesworth's Magazine of Natural History. London, Taylor and Francis, Ltd. url p. 15, p. 190, p. 316, p. 388, p. 388, p. 44, p. 440.
- The Biological bulletin. Woods Hole, Mass.: Marine Biological Laboratory, url p. 369, p. 557, p. 561, p. 74.
- The Irish naturalist. Dublin: Eason & Son, Ltd., 1892- url p. 141.
- The Mollusca of the Firth of Clyde, being a catalogue of recent marine species found in that estuary. By Alfred Brown. .. Glasgow, Hugh Hopkins, 1878. url p. 12.
- The Quarterly journal of the Geological Society of London. London [etc.] url p. 196.
- The Scottish naturalist. Arbroath [etc.]T. Buncle & Co. [etc.] url .
- The fisheries of the Adriatic and the fish thereof. A report of the Austro-Hungarian Sea-Fisheries, with a detailed description of the marine fauna of the Adriatic Gulf. By G.L. Faber. .. With eighteen woodcut illustrations after drawings by Leo Littrow, and numerous engravings on stone. London, B. Quaritch, 1883. url p. 22.
- The marine fishes and invertebrates of Loch Fyne. 2 Edinburgh, Fishery Board, 1897 url p. 125.
- Transactions and proceedings of the New Zealand Institute. Wellington: New Zealand Institute. url .
- Transactions of the Natural History Society of Glasgow. Glasgow, The Society. url , p. 192, p. 319.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 16, 2012.
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal November 11, 2007:
- Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences, Rutgers University, Taxonomic Information Sytem for the Belgian coastal area
- Marine Science Institute, UCSB, Paleobiology Database
- The Danish Biodiversity Information Facility, Marine Benthic Fauna List, Læsø, Denmark
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Bugs
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Invertebrates
- UK National Biodiversity Network, Conchological Society of Great Britain & Ireland - Mollusc
- data for Great Britain and Ireland
- UK National Biodiversity Network, Countryside Council for Wales - Pembrokeshire Marine Species Atlas
- UK National Biodiversity Network, Joint Nature Conservation Committee - Marine benthic dataset
- commissioned by UKOOA
- UK National Biodiversity Network, Marine Biological Association - Marine survey data
- held by MarLIN.
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 2694163
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: ITS-205487
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 4358890
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 205487
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 414078