Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in English:
Apricot Blush Foxglove, Common Foxglove, Digitalis, Foxglove, Purple Foxglove
Common Names in Italian:
Common Names in Korean:
Common Names in Latin:
Common Names in Russian:
Naperstjanka Krasnaja, наперстянка красная
Common Names in Spanish:
Herbs, rarely basally woody. Stems simple
or branched at base
. Leaves alternate, large, often crowded below, margin
entire or toothed
. Flowers in terminal
, often secund
. Calyx 5-lobed; lobes
imbricate. Corolla oblique
, tubular-campanulate, often constricted
beyond ovary, somewhat ventricose
; limb slightly 2-lipped; lower lip 3-lobed, middle
lobe longer than lateral
lobes; upper lip lobes much reduced, emarginate
. Stamens 4, didynamous
touching in pairs, locules divaricate
, apically confluent
. Style 2-lobed. Capsule ovoid
. Seeds numerous
to subovoid, small, ribbed
; seed coat
About 25 species: Asia, Europe; one species cultivated in China.
Species Digitalis purpurea
Annuals or perennials , 60-120 cm tall, gray-white pubescent and glandular hairy except for corolla and sometimes for subglabrous stems. Stems 1 or few and cespitose. Basal leaves mostly rosulate; petiole narrowly winged , to 15 cm; leaf blade ovate to oblong-elliptic, 5-15 cm, base tapering, margin crenate and rarely serrate, apex acuminate to obtuse . Stem leaves simi-lar to basal leaves, decreasing in size upward, sessile or short petiolate and forming bracts. Calyx campanulate , ca. 1 cm; segments free , oblong-ovate. Corolla purple to white, 3-4.5 cm, inside spotted, lobe apex white pubescent. Capsule ca. 1.5 cm. Seeds clavate , puberulent . Fl. May-Jun. [source]
Habit: Evergreen . • Growth Form: Single Crown • Shape and Orientation: Erect
Flowers: Bloom Period: April, May. • Flower Color: apricot, coral • Flower Conspicuous: Yes
Seeds: Seed per Pound: 4667536 • Seed Spread Rate: Moderate • Seedling Vigor: Medium • Fruit/Seed Abundance: High • Fruit/Seed Color: Black • Fruit/Seed Conspicuous: No • Cold Stratification Required: No
Foliage: Foliage Color: Dark Green • Foliage Porosity Summer: Porous • Foliage Porosity Winter: Porous • Foliage Texture: Fine • Fall Conspicuous: Yes • Leaf Retention: No
Active Growth Period: Spring and Summer • Growth Rate: Moderate • After Harvest Regrowth Rate: Moderate • Mature Height (feet): 5.0 • Size: 36-48" tall. • Vegetative Spread Rate: None • Lifespan: Lifespan
Typically found at an altitude of 0 to 4,936 meters (0 to 16,194 feet).
Duration: Biennial • Coppice Potential: No • Progagated by Bulbs: No • Propagated by Bare Root: No • Propagated by Container: No • Propagated by Corms: No • Propagated by Cuttings: No • Propagated by Seed: Yes • Propagated by Sod: No • Propagated by Sprigs: No • Propagated by Tubers: No • Fruit/Seed Period Begin: Summer • Fruit/Seed Period End: Fall • Fruit/Seed Persistence: No
Culture: Space 18-24" apart.
Soil: Adapted to Medium Textured: Adapted to Medium Textured Soils • Adapted to Coarse Textured Soils: No • Anaerobic Tolerance: None • Salinity Tolerance: None • CaCO3 Tolerance: None • Minimum pH: 5.6 • Maximum pH: 8.5 • Fertility Requirement: Medium
Sunlight: Sun Exposure: Sun to Partial Shade. • Shade Tolerance: Intolerant
Moisture: Drought Tolerance: Low • Minimum Precipitation: 40 • Maximum Precipitation: 60 • Moisture Use: Medium
Temperature: Minimum Temperature (F): -13°F. • Minimum Frost Free Days: 190 • Cold Hardiness: 4a, 4b, 5a, 5b, 6a, 6b, 7a, 7b, 8a, 8b. (map)
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- Haeckel, 1866
- Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Vascular Plants
- Kenrick & Crane, 1997
- Brongniart, 1843
- Takhtajan, 1967
- Superorder: Lamianae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Subclass: Asteridae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Class: Spermatopsida () - Brongniart, 1843
- Infraphylum: Radiatopses () - Kenrick & Crane, 1997
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina ()
- Phylum: Tracheophyta () - Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae () - Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
Status: Accepted Name
Last scrutiny: 15-Mar-2000
Members of the genus Digitalis
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 56 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus:
D. ciliata (Foxglove Digitalis Ciliata) · D. davisiana (Foxglove) · D. dubia (Dwarf Spanish Foxglove) · D. ferruginea (Rusty Foxglove) · D. ferruginea 'Gelber Herold' (Rusty Foxglove) · D. ferruginea 'Gigantea' (Gigantea Rusty Foxglove) · D. grandiflora (Yellow Foxglove) · D. grandiflora 'Carillon' (Yellow Foxglove) · D. laevigata (Grecian Foxglove) · D. lamarckii (Foxglove) · D. lanata (Grecian Foxglove) · D. lutea (Small Yellow Foxglove) · D. lutea Brickell's form (Straw Foxglove) · D. lutea lutea (Straw Foxglove) · D. obscura (Willow Leaf Foxglove) · D. obscura obscura (Willow-Leaf Foxglove) · D. parviflora (Foxglove) · D. purpurea (Apricot Blush Foxglove) · D. purpurea f. albiflora (White Flowered Common Foxglove Digitalis Purpurea F. Albiflora) · D. purpurea heywoodii (Foxglove) · D. purpurea heywoodii 'Silver Fox' (Foxglove) · D. purpurea mariana (Foxglove) · D. purpurea var. alba (Purple Foxglove) · D. purpurea var. purpurea (Purple Foxglove) · D. purpurea 'Apricot' (Apricot Foxglove) · D. purpurea 'Apricot Beauty' (Foxglove) · D. purpurea 'Apricot Faerie Queen' (Foxglove) · D. purpurea 'Camelot Cream' (Foxglove) · D. purpurea 'Camelot Lavender' (Foxglove) · D. purpurea 'Camelot Mix' (Foxglove) · D. purpurea 'Camelot Rose' (Camelot Rose Foxglove) · D. purpurea 'Camelot White' (Camelot White Foxglove) · D. purpurea 'Excelsior Hybrids' (Excelsior Group Foxglove Digitalis Purpurea) · D. purpurea 'Excelsior Mix' (Excelsior Mix Foxglove) · D. purpurea 'Foxy' (Foxy Foxglove) · D. purpurea 'Foxy Mix' (Foxglove) · D. purpurea 'Gelbe Lanze' (Foxglove) · D. purpurea 'Giant Shirley' (Foxglove) · D. purpurea 'Glittering Prizes Group' (Glittering Prizes Group Foxglove) · D. purpurea 'Gloxiniflora' (Foxglove) · D. purpurea 'Hyacinth Hybrids' (Foxglove) · D. purpurea 'Pam's Choice' (Pam's Choice Foxglove) · D. purpurea 'Pam's Split' (Foxglove 'pam's Split') · D. purpurea 'Primrose Carousel' (Foxglove) · D. purpurea 'Snow Thimble' (Foxglove) · D. purpurea 'Sutton's Apricot' (Sutton's Apricot Foxglove) · D. sibirica (Siberian Foxglove) · D. stewartii (Foxglove) · D. thapsi (Dwarf Spanish Foxglove) · D. trojana (Foxglove) · D. trojana 'Helen of Troy' (Foxglove) · D. viridiflora (Green Foxglove) · D. x mertonensis (Strawberry Foxglove) · D. 'Glory of Roundway' (Foxglove) · D. 'John Innes Tetra' (Digitalis) · D. 'Waldigone' (Foxglove 'waldigone')
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A biochemic basis for the study of problems of taxonomy, heredity, evolution, etc., with especial reference to the starches and tissues of parent-stock and hybrid-stocks and the starches and hemoglobi Washington, D.C.Carnegie institution of Washington1919 url p. 11, p. 14.
- A dictionary of American plant names / compiled by Willard N. Clute. Joliet, Ill.: W.N. Clute, 1923. url p. 29.
- A dictionary of the flowering plants and ferns, by J. C. Willis. CambridgeThe University Press, 1919 url p. 217, p. 277.
- A guide to the natural history of the Isle of Wight: a series of contributions by specialists relating to the various branches of natural history and kindred subjects / edited by Frank Morey. Newport, Isle of Wight: The County Press, 1909. url p. 165.
- A guide to the poisonous plants and weed seeds of Canada and the northern United States / by R.B. Thomson and H.B. Sifton. Toronto: University of Toronto Press, 1922. url p. 14, p. 147, p. 163.
- A handbook to the flora of Natal / by J. Medley Wood. Durban, Natal: Bennett & Davis, Printers, 1907. url p. 92.
- A history of gardening in England, London, J. Murray, 1910. url .
- A little book of perennials, by Alfred C. Hottes. New York, N. Y., The A. T. De La Mare1923. url p. 29, p. 38.
- A manual of forestry. LondonBradbury, Agnew1906-25 url p. 402.
- A manual of organic materia medica and pharmacognosy; an introduction to the study of the vegetable kingdom and the vegetable and animal drugs (with syllabus of inorganic remedial agents) comprising the botanical and physical characteristics, source, con Philadelphia, Blakiston url p. xvii.
- A manual of poisonous plants, chiefly of eastern North America, with brief notes on economic and medicinal plants, and numerous illustrations, Cedar Rapids, Ia., The Torch Press, 1911. url , , , , , , .
- A manual of poisonous plants: chiefly of eastern North America, with brief notes on economic and medicinal plants, and numerous illustrations / by L. H. Pammel. 1911 Cedar Rapids, Ia.: The Torch Press, 1910-11. url fig. 429, p. 441, p. 733, p. 736, p. 737.
- A manual of weeds, with descriptions of all the most pernicious and troublesome plants in the United States and Canada, their habits of growth and distribution, with methods of control, by Ada E. Georgia. .. with 385 illustrations by F. Schuyler Mathews. .. New York: The Macmillan Company, 1916, c1914. url p. 382, p. 563, p. 577.
- A manual of weeds: with descriptions of all the most pernicious and troublesome plants in the United States and Canada, their habits of growth and distribution, with methods of control / New York: Macmillan, 1919, c1914. url .
- A new British flora: British wild flowers in their natural haunts / described by A. R. Horwood; with sixty-four plates in colour representing 350 different plants, from drawings by J. N. Fitch and many illustrations from photographs. London: Gresham, 1919. url , , p. 217, p. 79, p. 81, p. 83.
- A new British flora; British wild flowers in their natural haunts, described by A. R. Horwood, with 64 plates in col. representing 350 different plants, from drawings by J. N. Fitch and many illus. from photo. London, Gresham Pub. Co., 1919. url p. 217, p. 79, p. 83.
- A partial list of plants available for various uses in general landscape planting, comp. by Albert D. Taylor. Cleveland, A.D. Taylor, c1916 url p. 42, p. 42.
- A practical handbook of trees, shrubs, vines and herbaceous perennials, by John Kirkegaard. Boston, Williams Bookstores Co., 1916. url p. 71.
- A text book of materia medica, being an account of the more important crude drugs of vegetable and animal origin, designed for students of pharmacy and medicine. London, Churchill, 1920. url p. 53, p. 56.
- A text-book of botany and pharmacognosy: intended for the use of students of pharmacy, as a reference book for pharmacists, and a handbook for food and drug analysts / by Henry Kraemer. Philadelphia & London: J. B. Lippincott company[c1910] url p. 376, p. 407, p. 409, p. 614, p. 616, p. 865.
- A text-book of botany, by Dr. Eduard Strasburger. .. Dr. Heinrich Schenck, Ludwig Jost [and] Dr. George Karsten. LondonMacmillan1912 url p. 661, p. 665, p. 743.
- A text-book of botany, by Eduard Strasburger. .. Dr. Heinrich Schenck. .. Dr. Fritz Noll. .. [and] Dr. George Karsten. London, Macmillan and co., limited, 1908. url p. 719.
- A text-book of materia medica and pharmacy for medical students / by V.E. Henderson. Toronto: University Press,  url p. 56.
- American breeders magazine / American Breeders Association. [Washington, D.C.: ]The Association, url p. 200.
- An illustrated dictionary of medicine, biology and allied sciences. .. by George M. Gould. 5th ed., with additions and corrections. PhiladelphiaP. Blakiston's Son1907 url p. 1516, p. 27, p. 374, p. 375.
- An illustrated flora of the Pacific States: Washington, Oregon, and California. Stanford University, Stanford University Press, 1923- url p. 792, p. 794.
- An illustrated flora of the northern United States, Canada and the British possessions: from Newfoundland to the parallel of the southern boundary of Virginia and from the Atlantic Ocean westward to the 102nd meridian / by Nathaniel Lord Britton and Hon. Addison Brown. New York: Scribner, 1913. url p. 204.
- An introduction to historical plant geography, by E. V. Wulff. .. authorized translation by Elizabeth Brissenden. Foreword by Elmer D. Merrill. Waltham, Mass., Chronica Botanica Co., 1943. url p. 158, p. 211, p. 216.
- An introduction to the chemistry of plant products by Paul Haas and T. G. Hill. London, Longmans, Green, 1928-1929. url p. 263.
- Annotated list of the ferns and flowering plants of New York state, by Homer D. House. Albany, The University of the state of New York, 1924. url p. 626.
- Annual and biennial garden plants, their value and uses: with full instructions for their cultivation, by A.E. Speer. .. London, J. Murray, 1911. url p. 129, p. xix.
- Annual report of the Michigan Academy of Science. Lansing, Mich.: The Academy, 1916-1921. url p. 184, p. 46.
- Annuals & biennials, the best annual and biennial plants and their uses in the garden, London, C. Scribner's sons url , .
- Applied and economic botany for students in technical and agricultural schools, pharmaceutical and medical colleges, for chemists, food analysts and for the those engaged in the morphological and physiological study of plants. New York, Wiley url p. 690.
- Applied and economic botany, especially adapted for the use of students in technical schools, agricultural, pharmaceutical and medical colleges, and also as a book of reference for chemists, food analysts and students engaged in by Henry Kraemer. .. illustrated with 424 plates, comprising about 2000 figures. Philadelphia, The author[c1914] url , p. 690.
- Aspects of plant life; with special reference to the British flora. London, Society for Promoting Christian Knowledge, 1921. url p. 35, p. 73.
- Bacteriological methods in food and drug laboratories, with an introduction to micro-analytical methods by Albert Schneider. .. 87 illustrations and 6 full page plates. Philadelphia, P. Blakiston's son & co.[c1915] url p. 272, p. 272, p. 272.
- Beeton's Dictionary of everyday gardening. .. to which is added a monthly calendar of garden work throughout the year. London, Ward, Lock, 1909. url p. 54.
- Biltmore Nursery, Biltmorse, N.C. [North Carolina?: The Nursery?], c1912 url p. 116, p. 183.
- Biological effects of radiation; mechanism and measurement of radiation, applications in biology, photochemical reactions, effects of radiant energy on organisms and organic products. Edited by Benjamin M. Duggar. With the cooperation of Janet Howell Clark, Kenneth S. Cole, Farrington Daniels [and others] New York andMcGraw-Hill Book Co., 1936. url p. 871, p. 884, p. 996.
- Biology: concepts and applications / Cecie Starr. Belmont, CA: Wadsworth Pub., c1997. url p. 385, p. 793.
- Biosphere Reserves, Compilation 4, October 1986: programme on man and the biosphere (MAB) IUCN Conservation Monitoring Centre url p. 182.
- Book of garden plans, Garden City, N. Y., Doubleday, Page & company, 1916. url .
- Botanic drugs, their materia medica, pharmacology, and therapeutics, by Thomas S. Blair. Cincinnati, O.: The Therapeutic digest publishing co., 1917. url p. 150.
- Botanical abstracts. Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins Co. url p. 126, p. 129, p. 129, p. 189, p. 191, p. 23, p. 240, p. 241, p. 294, p. 315, p. 326, p. 340, p. 348, p. 410, p. 411, p. 84.
- Botany for secondary schools; a guide to the knowledge of the vegetation of the neighborhood, by L. H. Bailey. New York, Macmillan, 1920. url p. 407.
- Botany of the living plant, London, Macmillan and co., limited, 1919. url , .
- Botany of the living plant, by F. O. Bower. London, Macmillan and Co., limited, 1919. url p. 530, p. 530, p. 557, p. 557.
- Botany of the living plant, by F.O. Bower. In the third edition he was assisted by J.M.F. Drummond, and George Bond, in this fourth edition by C.W. Wardlaw. London, Macmillan and Co., ltd., 1947. url p. 644, p. 674.
- Botany of the living plant. London, Macmillan, 1919. url p. 557.
- Botany, developmental and descriptive. Philadelphia, Lea, 1922. url p. 219.
- Botany; an elementary text for schools, by L. H. Beiley. New York, Macmillan Co., 1909 [c1907] url p. 375, p. 419.
- Brigham Young University science bulletin. 9 1968 Provo, Utah: Brigham Young University, [1955-1976] url p. 269, figs. 88-90, page 70.
- British journal of entomology and natural history. [London]: British Entomological and Natural History Society, 1988- url p. 111, p. 177.
- British plants: their biology and ecology / by J. F. Bevis and H. J. Jeffery. London: A. Rivers, 1911. url p. 294, p. 294, p. 304, p. 304, p. 324, p. 324.
- British plants; their biology and ecology, London, Methuen url , , , .
- Bulletin - Massachusetts Agricultural Experiment Station. Amherst, : Massachusetts Agricultural Experiment Station, 1907-1974. url p. 26, p. 42.
- Bulletin / Chicago Natural History Museum. [Chicago, Ill.]: The Museum, [1944-1966] url p. 4.
- Bulletin / Ohio Biological Survey. Columbus, Ohio: Ohio State University, 1913- url p. 212.
- By meadow, grove and stream: an introduction to nature study / by Henry Hilton Brown. .. London: Religious Tract Society, [1907?] url , p. 76.
- Catalog of Ohio vascular plants, arranged according to the phyletic classification; with notes on the geographical distribution in the state, based mainly on specimens in the State Herbarium, Botanical Laboratory, the Ohio State Univ Columbus, The Ohio State University, 1914. url .
- Catalog of Ohio vascular plants: arranged according to the phyletic classification: with notes on the geographical distribution in the state, based mainly on specimens in the State Herbarium, Botanical Laboratory, the Ohio State Uni by John H. Schaffner. Columbus: Ohio State University, 1914. url p. 212.
- Catalogue of scientific papers (1800-1900) Comp. by the Royal society of London. Cambridge, C. J. Clay and sons, 1867-1902; url p. 12, p. 199, p. 211, p. 221, p. 261, p. 274, p. 327, p. 333, p. 342, p. 358, p. 372, p. 381, p. 390, p. 446, p. 446, p. 463, p. 467, p. 559, p. 602, p. 668, p. 810, p. 813, p. 823, p. 837, p. 932.
- Catalogue of scientific papers, 1800-1900. Compiled by the Royal Society of London. London, C.J. Clay and Sons, 1867-1902 [etc.] Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 1914-25. url p. 12, p. 199, p. 211, p. 221, p. 261, p. 274, p. 327, p. 333, p. 342, p. 358, p. 372, p. 381, p. 390, p. 446, p. 446, p. 463, p. 467, p. 602, p. 668, p. 810, p. 813, p. 823, p. 837, p. 932.
- Catalogue of the flowering plants and ferns of Connecticut growing without cultivation / by Charles Burr Graves. .. [et al.]; Committee of the Connecticut Botanical Society. Hartford: Printed for the State Geological and Natural History Survey, 1910. url p. 353, p. 434.
- Chinese economic trees, [Shanghai]Printed by the Commercial Press url p. 3.
- Chinese materia medica. extensively revised from F. Porter Smith's work by G. A. Stuart. Shanghai?: Presbyterian Mission Press?, 1911? url p. 150.
- Colonsay, one of the Hebrides, its plants: their local names and usses--legends, ruins, and place-names--Gaelic names of birds, fishes, etc.--climate, geological formation, etc. By Murdoch McNeill. Edinburgh: D. Douglas, 1910. url p. 151.
- Colour in my garden, by Louise Beebe Wilder. Illustrated in colour, by Anna Winegar. Garden City, N.Y., Doubleday, Page, 1918. url p. 385, p. 388.
- Commercial gardening, a practical & scientific treatise for market gardeners, market growers, fruit, flower & vegetable growers, nurserymen, etc. By many practical specialists under the editorship of John Weathers. London, The Gresham publishing company, 1913. url p. 232, p. 43.
- Common weeds of the farm & garden / by Harold C. Long in collaboration with John Percival. New York: Frederick A. Stokes, 1910. url p. 307.
- Cooperative economic insect report. Hyattsville, MD. [etc.]Plant Protection and Quarantine Programs Animal and Plant Health Service. url p. 194.
- Cyclopedia of American horticulture, comprising suggestions for cultivation of horticultural plants, descriptions of the species of fruits, vegetables, flowers and ornamental plants sold in the United by L. H. Bailey. .. assisted by William Miller. .. and many expert cultivators and botanists. London: The Macmillan company, 1909. url p. 484.
- Cyclopedia of farm crops, New York, The Macmillan company, 1922. url p. 461, p. 679.
- Cyclopedia of farm crops, a popular survey of crops and crop-making methods in the United States and Canada; New York, The Macmillan company, 1922. url .
- Cyclopedia of farm crops: a popular survey of crops and crop-making methods in the United States and Canada / edited by L.H. Bailey. New York: Macmillan, 1922, c1907. url p. 461, p. 679.
- Danish fungi as represented in the herbarium of E. Rostrup / revised by J. Lind. Copenhagen: Gyldendalske boghandel, 1913. url p. 480, p. 509.
- Darwin and modern science; essays in commemoration of the centenary of the birth of Charles Darwin and of the fiftieth anniversary of the publication of the Origin of species. Edited for the Cambridge Philosophical Society and CambridgeUniversity Press1910 url p. 415, p. 586.
- Descriptive catalogue (with current prices) of standard pharmaceutical and biological products for the veterinarian: with notes on modern biological therapy. Indianapolis: Pitman-Moore Co., c1922. url p. 73.
- Dictionary of the common names of plants with list of foreign plants cultivated in the open / by Rudolf Marloth. Cape Town: Specialty Press of South Africa, 1917. url p. 152.
- Diseases of cattle, sheep, goats and swine / by G. Moussu and Jno. A. W. Dollar. Chicago: American Veterinary Pub.Co., 1920. url p. 255.
- Early British botanists and their gardens, based on unpublished writings of Goodyer, Tradescant, and others, by R. T. Gunther. With nine plates and twenty-one other illustrations. Oxford, Printed by F. Hall for the author at the University Press, 1922. url p. 256, p. 262.
- Elementary flora of the Northwest, Cincinnati [etc.]American Book Company[c1914] url .
- Elementary lectures on veterinary science, for agricultural students, farmers, and stockkeepers. .. London, Baillière, Tindall and Cox, 1913. url p. 194.
- Entomological news. [Philadelphia]American Entomological Society, 1925- url p. 53.
- European plants in peril: a review of threatened plants in the European Community WCMC url p. 51, p. 55.
- Experimental morphology. New York, MacMillan, 1908. url p. 339.
- Experimental morphology; by Charles Benedict Davenport. .. New York, The Macmillan Company;1908. url p. 339.
- Experimental pollination; an outline of the ecology of flowers and insects, by Frederic E. Clements and Frances L. Long. Washington, Carnegie Institution of Washington, 1923. url p. 151, p. 194, p. 270.
- Farmer's cyclopedia: a compilation of such bulletins and reports as are indispensable to the practical farmer. Garden City, N. Y.: Doubleday, Page, 1914. url p. 401, p. 556.
- Fertilisers and manures / by A.D. Hall. New York: E. P. Dutton, 1909, t.p. 1915. url p. 254.
- Fertilisers and manures. by A.D. Hall. .. New York, 1910. url p. 254.
- Field and woodland plants / by W. S. Furneaux. London; Longmans, Green, and Co., 1909 url p. 148, p. 377.
- Field and woodland plants, by W.S. Furneaux. With 8 plates in colour, and numerous illustrations by Patten Wilson, and photographs from nature by the author. London, Longmans, Green, 1911. url p. 148, p. 377.
- Fifty years of botany; golden jubilee volume of the Botanical Society of America, edited by William Campbell Steere. New York, McGraw-Hill, 1958. url p. 439.
- Flora Malesiana. general editor, C.G.G.J. van Steenis. Djakarta: Noordhoff-Kolff, 1950- url p. 121, p. 558.
- Flora Orcadensis: containing the flowering plants arranged according to the natural orders / by Magnus Spence; and The mosses, by James Grant. Kirkwall: D. Spence, 1914. url p. 101, p. 143, p. 20.
- Flora costaricensis / William Burger, editor. 41 2000 Chicago, Ill.: Field Museum of Natural History, c2000. url p. 171, p. 3, p. 38, p. 69.
- Flora of Costa Rica. .. by Paul C. Standley. .. 18 1938 Chicago, 1937. url p. 1106.
- Flora of County Kerry: including the flowering plants, ferns, Characeae, &c. Dublin: Hodges, Figgis, 1916. url , , .
- Flora of Guatemala / Paul C. Standley and Louis O. Williams. 24 1973 Chicago, Ill.: Field Museum of Natural History, 1973. url p. 349.
- Flora of Peru. 13 1971 Chicago, Field Museum of Natural History, 1971. url p. 668, p. 669.
- Flora of Sussex; or a list of the flowering plants & ferns found in the county of Sussex, with localities of the less common species. London, Simpkin [et al.]1907. url p. 77.
- Flora of southern British Columbia and Vancouver Island: with many references to Alaska and northern species / by Joseph Kaye Henry. Toronto: W.J. Gage, c1915. url p. 269.
- Flora of the Queen Charlotte Islands. [Ottawa: Queen's Printer], 1968-. url p. 104, p. 494, p. 609, p. 87.
- Flora of the U.S.S.R. [Springfield, Va.: Israel Program for Scientific Translations; 1968- url , p. 718.
- Flora of the northwest coast, including the area west of the summit of the Cascade Mountains, from the forty-ninth parallel south to the Calapooia Mountains on the south border of Lane County, Oregon. Lancaster, Pa., Press of the New Era Printing Company, 1915. url .
- Flora of the northwest coast: including the area west of the summit of the Cascade Mountains, from the forty-ninth parallel south to the Calapooia Mountains on the south border of Lane County, Oregon / by Charles V. Piper and R. Kent Beattie. Lancaster, Pa.: Press of the New era printing company, 1915. url p. 325.
- Flora of the vicinity of New York; a contribution to plant geography. [New York]1915 url p. 561.
- Florists' review Chicago: Florists' Pub. Co. url , , , , , , , .
- Flower gardening, New York, bMcBride, Nast & company, 1913. url , .
- Flower gardening, by H. S. Adams. New York, McBride, Nast & Company, 1913. url p. 199, p. 242.
- Flowers of the field, by the late Rev. C. A. Johns. London, Society for Promoting Christian Knowledge, 1911. url p. 353, p. 361.
- Fruits, vegetables and flowers, a non-technical manual for their culture, Chicago, The John C. Winston company[c1918] url p. 67.
- Fundamentals of cytology, by Lester W. Sharp. .. New York, McGraw-Hill Book Company, inc., 1943. url p. 218.
- Garden guide, the amateur gardener's handbook; how to plan, plant and maintain the home grounds, the suburban garden, the city lot. How to grow gook vegetables and fruit. How to care for roses and other favorite flowers, hardy plants, trees, shrub ed. by J. Harrison Dick... New York, A. T. De La Mare company, inc.1917 url p. 65.
- Garden guide, the amateur gardeners' handbook; how to plan, plant and maintain the home grounds, the suburban garden, the city lot. How to grow good vegetables and fruit. How to care for roses and other favorite flowers, hardy plants, trees, shrub New York, A. T. De La Mare company, inc.[c1917] url , .
- Garden guide; the amateur gardeners' handbook. Profusely illustrated with over 275 teaching plans and diagrams and reproduced photographs, all made expressly for this standard text book. Edited by A. T. De La Mare. New York, A. T. De La Mare[c1920] url p. 83.
- Gardening for amateurs; a simple, complete, and practical guide for garden lovers, edited by H. H. Thomas. Illustrated by twenty-four coloured plates and many hundreds of photographs and sketches. New York: Funk and Wagnalls company,  url p. 118.
- Gardening for beginners; a handbook to the garden, by E.T. Cook. [London]"Country Life" [etc., 1914] url .
- Genetics and eugenics: a text-book for students of biology and a reference book for animal and plant breeders. Cambridge [Mass.]Harvard University Press1921 url p. 382.
- Genetics and eugenics; a text-book for students of biology and a reference book for animal and plant breeders, by W. E. Castle. Cambridge, Harvard University Press, 1921 [c1916] url p. 382.
- Genetics in relation to agriculture, New York, McGraw-Hill; [etc., etc.]1918. url , , p. 229, p. 230.
- Great Basin naturalist memoirs. 1987 [Provo, Utah]Brigham Young University, 1976-1992. url p. 573, p. 861.
- Growth in living systems; proceedings. Edited by M.X. Zarrow assisted by Harry Beevers [and others]. New York, Basic Books url p. 516.
- Growth of plants; twenty years' research at Boyce Thompson Institute. New York, Reinhold Pub. Corp., 1948. url p. 256, p. 334, p. 340, p. 451, p. 454, p. 458.
- Guide to the Economic Museum of the New York Botanical Garden. New York, 1921. url p. 126.
- Handbook of the British flora: a description of the flowering plants and ferns indigenous to, or naturalized in, the British Isles. For the use of beginners and amateurs. By George Bentham. London: L. Reeve & Co., 1920. url p. 332.
- Hardy plants for cottage gardens, New York, H. Holt and company, 1910. url , , , , , .
- Hardy plants for cottage gardens, by Helen R. Albee; illustrated from photographs. New York, H. Holt and company, 1910. url , , , , p. 109, p. 179.
- Henderson's Handbook of plants and general horticulture / By Peter Henderson. New York, P. Henderson & Co., 1910. url p. 127, p. 151, p. 215, p. 453, p. 497.
- Histology of medicinal plants, New York, J. Wiley & sons, inc.; [etc., etc.]1916 url p. 165, p. 60.
- Histology of medicinal plants, by William Mansfield. New York, J. Wiley & sons, inc.; [etc., etc.]1916. url p. 165, p. 60, p. 73.
- Histology of medicinal plants. New YorkWiley1916 url p. 165, p. 60, p. 73.
- History of the vegetable drugs of the Pharmacopeia of the United States / Cincinnati, O.: J. U. & C. G. Lloyd, 1911. url p. 100, p. 101, p. 108, p. 122, p. 35, p. 96.
- Illinois Natural History Survey bulletin. Champaign, Ill.: The Survey, 1987- url p. 287, p. 296.
- Illustrations of the British flora: a series of wood engravings, with dissections, of British plants. London, L. Reeve, 1919. url .
- Inbreeding and outbreeding: their genetic and sociological significance / London: J. B. Lippincott Company,  url .
- Inbreeding and outbreeding; their genetic and sociological significance, by Edward M. East. .. and Donald F. Jones. .. 46 illustrations. Philadelphia, J.B. Lippincott Company[c1919] url p. 155, p. 155.
- Insects; the yearbook of agriculture, 1952. Washington: U.S.G.P.O., 1952. url p. 522.
- Intracellular pangenesis, including a paper on fertilization and hybridization, by Hugo de Vries. .. tr. from the German by C. Stuart Gager. .. Chicago, The Open Court Publishing Co., 1910. url p. 181, p. 181.
- Introduction to genetics and cytogenetics. New York, J. Wiley url p. 458.
- Introduction to the chemistry of plant products, by Paul Haas and T. G. Hill. London, Longmans, Green and co., 1913. url p. 166, p. 183, p. 392.
- Irish ethno-botany and the evolution of medicine in Ireland. Dublin, M. H. Gill, 1919. url , p. 91.
- Journal of agricultural research. Washington, U.S. Govt. Printing Office, 1913-1949.. url p. 35, p. 894, p. 896.
- Journal of genetics. Cambridge: University Press, 1910-1977. url , , , p. 151, p. 215, p. 215, p. 216, p. 218, p. 218, p. 222, p. 222, p. 226, p. 226, p. 71, p. 72, p. 72, p. 73, p. 73, p. 74, p. 74, p. 88.
- Journal of the Association of Official Agricultural Chemists. Baltimore. url p. 338, p. 410, p. 411, p. 415, p. 560, p. 563.
- Journal of the College of Agriculture, Imperial University of Tokyo. Tokyo, Tokyo Imperial University, 1909-1943. url , , p. 391.
- Journal of the International Garden Club. New York, International garden club. url p. 359, p. 65.
- La botanica. Roma: Instituto per la propaganda della cultura italiana, 1920. url p. 68.
- Laboratory manual of pharmacology, including materia medica, pharmacopaedics and pharmacodynamics, by A.D. Bush. .. Illustrated with full-page plates, many in colors. Philadelphia, F.A. Davis, 1919. url , p. 206, p. 27.
- Landmarks of botanical history, a study of certain epochs in the development of the science of botany. Washington, Smithsonian Inst., 1909- url p. 215.
- Landmarks of botanical history; a study of certain epochs in the development of the science of botany. Part I.--Prior to 1562 A. D. Washington, Smithsonian institution, 1909. url .
- Landscape garden series, ed. by Ralph Rodney Root. Davenport, Ia.: The Garden Press,  url p. 41.
- Landscape reclamation: a report on research into problems of reclaiming derelict land, by a research team of the University of Newcastle upon Tyne. GuildfordIPC Science and Technology Press1971- url p. 88.
- Leaflets of western botany. San Fransisco:[J. T. Howell], 1932-1966. url p. 276, p. 355, p. 37.
- Life histories of familiar plants / by John J. Ward. London; Cassell, 1908. url p. 186.
- List of rare, threatened and endemic plants in Europe (1982 edition) Council of Europe url p. 49.
- Lists of plant types for landscape planting; the materials of planting for ornament listed according to their various uses, by Stephen F. Hamblin. Cambridge, Harvard University Press, 1923. url , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , p. 104, p. 110, p. 121, p. 125, p. 135, p. 136, p. 138, p. 140, p. 142, p. 148, p. 80.
- Manual of vascular plants of the lower Yangtze Valley, China. Corvallis, Oregon State College url p. 357, p. 591.
- Medicinal uses of plants: protection for plants under the Endangered Species Act: hearing before the Subcommittee on Environment and Natural Resources of the Committee on Merchant Marine and Fisheries, House of Representative Washington: For sale by the U.S. G.P.O., Supt. of Docs., Congressional Sales Office, 1994. url p. 60.
- Memoir / Ithaca, N.Y. url p. 756.
- Miscellaneous publications / University of Michigan, Museum of Zoology. Ann Arbor, Mich.: The University, 1916- url , p. 13.
- Miscellaneous studies in agriculture and biology. BerkeleyUniversity of California Press1919 url p. 74, p. 74.
- Molecular & general genetics: MGG. Berlin; Springer-Verlag, 1908-2001 url p. 9.
- Mutations and evolution, by R. Ruggles Gates. London: W. Wesley & Son, 1921. url p. 111, p. 112, p. 67.
- My garden, by Louise Beebe Wilder. .. illustrated by Will Simmons. Garden City, N. Y.: Doubleday, Page & company, [c1916] url p. 279, p. 279.
- Nature's healing arts: from folk medicine to modern drugs / by Lonnelle Aikman; photos. by Nathan Benn and Ira Block; paintings by Tony Chen; prepared by the Special Publications Division. Washington: National Geographic Society, c1977. url p. 196.
- New Zealand plants and their story. By L. Cockayne. .. Wellington, N.Z., M.F. Marks, Govt. Printer, 1919. url p. 153, p. 154, p. 186, p. 231, p. 233.
- North American trees: being descriptions and illustrations of the trees growing independently of cultivation in North America, north of Mexico and the West Indies / New York: H. Holt and Co., 1908. url .
- North American trees; being descriptions and illustrations of the trees growing independently of cultivation in North America, north of Mexico and the West Indies; with the assistance of John Adolph Shafer. New YorkHolt1908 url p. 830, p. 888.
- North Atlantic biota and their history; a symposium held at the University of Iceland, Reykjavík, July 1962, under the auspices of the University of Iceland and the Museum of Natural History. Editors: Askell Löve and Doris Löve. Sponsored Oxford, New York, Pergamon Press, 1963 url p. 224, p. 252, p. 410.
- Oceanus. Woods Hole, Mass., Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution url p. 30.
- Official guide to the museums of economic botany. LondonPrinted for H.M. Stationery Off., by Darling1907 url p. 159.
- Old-fashioned gardening; a history and a reconstruction, New York, McBride, Nast & company, 1913. url , , , .
- On British wild flowers considered in relation to insects / by Lord Avebury. London: Macmillan, 1909. url p. 146, p. xiv.
- Origin and history of all the pharmacopeial vegetable drugs, chemicals and preparations with bibliography... Prepared under the auspices of and pub. by the American drug manufacturers' association, Washington, D.C. Cincinnati: The Caxton press, [c1921] url p. 125, p. 360, p. 366, p. 368, p. 379, p. 437.
- Our garden flowers; a popular study of their native lands, their life histories, and their structural affiliations, New York, C. Scribner's Sons, 1910. url , , , .
- Permanent and temporary pastures, London, Simpkin, Marshall, Hamilton, Kent, 1911. url , , .
- Pflanzenphysiologie; Versuche und Beobachtungen an böheren und niederen Pflanzen einschliesslich Bakteriologie und Hydrobiologie mit Planktonkunde, von R. Kolkwitz. Zwiete, umgearbeitete Auflage. .. Jena, G. Fischer, 1922. url p. 292, p. 82.
- Pharmaceutical botany, Philadelphia, P. Blakiston's son & co.[c1914] url , .
- Pharmaceutical botany, with glossary of botanical terms. Philadelphia, Blakiston url p. 107, p. 83.
- Physiological plant anatomy, tr. by Montagu Drummond. London, MacMillan, 1914. url p. 107, p. 716, p. 769.
- Phytologia memoirs. Plainfield, N.J.: H.N. Moldenke and A.L. Moldenke, 1980- url p. 483.
- Phytologia. Bronx Park, New York, H.A. Gleason and H.N. Moldenke, url p. 135, p. 163.
- Plant Form OXFORD UNIVERSITY PRESS url p. 153.
- Plant anatomy from the standpoint of the development and functions of the tissues, and handbook of micro-technic, by William Chase Stevens. Philadelphia, P. Blakiston, 1910. url p. 181.
- Plant culture; a working hand-book of every day practice for all who grow flowering and ornamental plants in the garden and greenhouse, by George W. Oliver. New York, A. T. De La Mare Printing and Publishing Co., c1912. url , , p. 196, p. 196, p. 303, p. 307, p. 307, p. 311.
- Plant culture; a working handbook of every day practice for all who grow flowering and ornamental plants in the garden and greenhouse, New York, A. T. De La Mare Co., Inc.[c1921] url .
- Plant geography, by George S. Boulger, F. L. S. London, J. M. Dent & Son, 1912. url p. 53.
- Plant hybridization before Mendel, by H.F. Roberts. .. Princeton, Princeton University Press, 1929. url p. 195, p. 260.
- Plant life and evolution, by Douglas Houghton Campbell. New York, H. Holt, 1911. url p. 337, p. 352.
- Plant morphogenesis. New York, McGraw-Hill, 1960. url p. 283, p. 425.
- Plant sociology; the study of plant communities; authorized English translation of Pflanzensoziologie, by Dr. J. Braun-Blanquet. Translated, revised and edited by George D. Fuller and Henry S. Conard. New York and London, McGraw-Hill book company, inc., 1932. url p. 352, p. 415.
- Plant-breeding, New York, The Macmillan company, 1915. url .
- Plant-breeding, by L. H. Bailey. New York, Macmillan, 1915. url .
- Plant-life, by Charles A. Hall, with 74 full-page illus., 24 being from photos. by the author and 50 in colour from drawings by C. F. Newall. London, A. & C. Black, 1915. url , .
- Plant-life, by Charles A. Hall. .. with 74 full-page illustrations, 24 being from photographs by the author and 50 in colour from drawings by C. F. Newall. London: A. & C. Black, ltd., 1915. url p. 342, p. 369.
- Plant-life, ill. by the author and C.F. Newall. London, Black, 1915. url p. 342, p. 369.
- Plant-life, with 74 full-page illus., 24 being from photos, by the author and 50 in colour from drawings London, A. & C. Black, 1915. url , .
- Plants and their uses; an introduction to botany, New York, H. Holt and Company, 1913. url .
- Plants poisonous to live stock / Cambridge: University Press, 1917. url , , .
- Plants poisonous to live stock, by Harold C. Long. .. Cambridge: University press, 1917. url p. 104, p. 115, p. 61.
- Plants poisonous to live stock. Cambridge, Univ. Press, 1917. url , .
- Poisonous plants of Canada / [Ottawa]: Agriculture Canada, 1990. url p. 43, p. 52, p. 56, p. 80, p. 85, p. 94.
- Poisonous plants of all countries, by A. Bernhard-Smith. London, Baillière, Tindall & Cox, 1923. url p. 29.
- Poisonous plants of the Midwest / [Urbana]: Dept. of Landscape Architecture, University of Illinois, 1983. url p. 18, p. 26.
- Popular botany; the living plant from seed to fruit, by A.E. Knight and Edward Step. .. New York: H. Holt and company,  url p. 343, p. 343.
- Popular garden flowers: anemones, asters, begonias. .. [et al.] by Walter P. Wright. New York: Doubleday Page, 1911. url p. 171.
- Popular garden flowers; anemones: asters: begonias: carnations: chrysanthemums: crocuses: daffodils: dahlias: geraniums: gladioli: hollyhocks: hyacinths: irises: lilies: pansies: phloxes: primulas: sweet peas: stocks: tulips by Walter P. Wright. London: G. Richards ltd.,  url .
- Popular names of flowers, fruits, &c., as used in the county of Somerset and the adjacent parts of Devon, Dorset and Wilts. Yeovil, Western Gazette, 1922. url p. 100, p. 101, p. 102, p. 105, p. 107, p. 108, p. 110, p. 112, p. 115, p. 134, p. 144, p. 148, p. 168, p. 169, p. 171, p. 222, p. 223, p. 230, p. 250, p. 252, p. 254, p. 270, p. 271, p. 275, p. 278, p. 28, p. 29, p. 44, p. 65, p. 66, p. 79, p. 92, p. 99.
- Popular studies of California wild flowers, San Francisco, Cal.: Upton bros. & Delzelle, [c1920] url p. 112.
- Potter's cyclopaedia of botanical drugs and preparations / by R.C. Wren. London: Potter & Clarke,  url p. 108, p. xvii.
- Practical landscape gardening: the importance of careful planning, locating the house, arrangement of walks and drives, construction of walks and drives, lawns and terraces, how to plant a property, laying out a flower garden, arch New York, A.T. De La Mare Company, inc., 1916. url , , , , .
- Practical landscape gardening; the importance of careful planning, locating the house, arrangement of walks and drives, construction of walks and drives, lawns and terraces, how to plant a property, laying out a flower garden, arch by Robert B. Cridland. New York, A.T. De La Mare Company, inc., 1918. url p. 128, p. 242, p. 253.
- Practical veterinary pharmacology and therapeutics, New York, The Macmillan Company, 1917. url , , p. 74, p. 84.
- Preliminary draft list of plant species for inclusion in a 'Responsibility List' of European plants WCMC url p. 61.
- Principles of biochemistry for students of medicine, agriculture and related sciences, by T. Brailsford Robertson. .. illustrated with 49 engravings. New York, Lea & Febiger, 1920. url p. 616, p. 89.
- Proceedings and transactions of the British Entomological and Natural History Society. London, British Entomological and Natural History Society. url p. 124, p. 16.
- Proceedings of the California Academy of Sciences, 4th series. San Francisco, California Academy of Sciences. url p. 158.
- Protected Landscapes: experience around the world. Prepared for the International Symposium on Protected Landscapes, Grange-over-Sands, England 5-10 October 1987 IUCN url p. 159.
- Recent advances in cytology, by C. D. Darlington. With a foreword by J. B. S. Haldane. With 16 plates, 160 text-figures and 81 tables. Philadelphia, P. Blakiston's son & co., inc., 1937. url p. 173, p. 187, p. 592.
- Saturday in my garden; a practical guide to the cultivation of small gardens, London: Richards, 1921. url p. 60.
- Science progress. London: John Murray, 1916- url p. 131, p. 49, p. 62.
- Scientific and applied pharmacognosy, intended for the use of students in pharmacy, as a hand book for pharmacists, and as a reference book for food and drug analysts and pharmacologists. New York, Wiley, 1920. url p. 617, p. 620, p. 628.
- Scientific feeding of the domestic animals, by Martin Klimmer. Chicago, A. Eger, 1923. url p. 44.
- Seeds handbook for agriculture, horticulture and forestry, with a key for the identification of the important agricultural seeds = Handbuch der Samenkunde für Landwirtschaft, Gartenbau und Forstwirtschaft, mit einem Schlussel zur Bestimmung der wichtigsten landwirtschaftlichen Samen / Walther Brouwen and Adolf Stahlin. [S.l.: s.n.], 1980. url p. 42.
- Selected botanical papers. Englewood Cliffs, N.J., Prentice-Hall url p. 162.
- Senior botany. London, Univ. Tutor. Press, 1918. url p. 353.
- Shade gardens / by Oliver E. Allen and the editors of Time-Life Books. Alexandria, Va.: Time-Life Books, c1979. url p. 108.
- Smithsonian year. 1975 Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1965-1976. url p. 569.
- South African journal of science. [Marshalltown, Transvaal: South African Association for the Advancement of Science, url p. 359.
- Spixiana. 11 1988 München: Zoologische Staatssammlung München, 1977- url p. 62.
- St Nicotine of the peace pipe / by Edward Vincent Heward. London: G. Routledge, 1909. url p. 65.
- St. Nicotine of the peace pipe. London: E. P. Dutton, 1909. url p. 65.
- Standardized plant names; a catalogue of approved scientific and common names of plants in American commerce. Salem, Mass., 1923. url p. 156.
- Strasburger's Text-book of botany. Rewritten by Dr. Hans Fitting. .. Dr. Ludwig Jost. .. Dr. Heinrich Schenck. .. Dr. George Karsten. London, Macmillan, 1921. url p. 702, p. 704, p. 775.
- Studies in seeds and fruits, an investigation with the balance, London, Williams and Norgate, 1912. url .
- Successful farming a ready reference on all phases of agriculture for farmers of the United States and Canada: including soils, manures. .. / by Frank D. Gardner; with special chapters written expressly for this book by the following authorities Agee. .. [et al.]. [S.l.: s.n.; c1916]. url .
- Successful farming: a ready reference on all phases of agriculture for farmers of the United States and Canada / by Frank D. Gardner. Oakland, Calif.: Smithsonian, 1916. url p. 425.
- Taxonomic literature: a selective guide to botanical publications and collections with dates, commentaries and types (TL2) Utrecht: Bohn, Scheltema & Holkema, 1976-1988. url p. 246, p. 403, p. 406, p. 449, p. 450, p. 482, p. 589, p. 591.
- Textbook of pastoral and agricultural botany, for the study of the injurious and useful plants of country and farm, by John W. Harshberger. .. with 121 illustrations. Philadelphia, P. Blakiston's Son & Co.[c1920] url p. 11, p. 11.
- Textbook of theoretical botany, by R. C. McLean and W. R. Ivimey-Cook. London, Longmans, Green[1951- url p. 1322, p. 1916, p. 1922, p. 1923, p. 2181.
- That rock-garden of ours; with 50 illustrations by the author. Phil.Jacobs, [1909?] url p. 252, p. 319.
- The American flower garden / by Neltje Blanchan; planting lists by Leonard Barron; illustrated with one hundred full-page photographs. New York: Doubleday, Page & Company, 1909. url p. 107, p. 107, p. 221, p. 359.
- The American flower garden, New York, Doubleday, Page & company, 1909. url p. 107, p. 221, p. 359, p. 59.
- The British nature book; a complete handbook and guide to British nature study, embracing the mammals, birds, reptiles, fish, insects, plants, etc., in the United Kingdom, by S.N. Sedgwick. .. Edinburgh, T.C. & E.C. Jack, Ltd., 1922. url p. 443.
- The Canadian field-naturalist. 55 1941 Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url stroud , p. 104, p. 187, p. 38, p. 39, p. 42, p. 428, p. 43, p. 93.
- The English flower garden and home grounds: design and arrangement shown by existing examples of gardens in Great Britain and Ireland, followed by a description of the plants, shrubs, and trees for the open-air garden and their culture / by W. Robinson. London: J. Murray, 1911. url p. 553.
- The Glasgow naturalist. Glasgow, Andersonian Naturalists of Glasgow. url p. 114, p. 122, p. 124, p. 139, p. 141, p. 148, p. 16, p. 18, p. 208, p. 61, p. 8.
- The Great Basin naturalist. 41 1981 Provo, Utah: M.L. Bean Life Science Museum, Brigham Young University, 1939-1999. url p. 26.
- The International Phytogeographical Excursion in the British Isles (1911): a record and some notes by various phytogeographers who took part in the excursion. Cambridge: New phytologist, 1913. url p. 84.
- The Journal of heredity. Washington, etc., American Genetic Association url p. 200.
- The Scottish naturalist. Arbroath [etc.]T. Buncle & Co. [etc.] url p. 17.
- The Victoria history of the county of Warwick. London: Published for the University of London Institute of Historical Research by Dawsons of Pall Mall, 1965- url p. 47.
- The anthocyanin pigments of plants. By Muriel Wheldale. Cambridge, University Press, 1916. url p. 155, p. 156, p. 165, p. 180, p. 181, p. 188, p. 22, p. 283, p. 294, p. 296, p. 298, p. 309, p. 84.
- The biology of flowering plants, by Macgregor Skene. .. New York, The Macmillan Company, 1924. url p. 490.
- The book of hardy flowers; a simple and complete descriptive guide to the cultivation in gardens of the trees and shrubs, perennial and annual flowers, that are hardy, or are suitable for planting out-of-doors in summer in temp Ed. by H. H. Thomas. .. Beautifully illustrated with thirty-two direct color photographs by H. Essenhigh Corke and sixty-four half-tone plates. 1915 New York, Funk & Wagnalls company; [etc., etc.] url p. 155.
- The book of nature study, ed. by J. Bretland Farmer. .. assisted by a staff of specialists. Fully illustrated. London, Caxton publishing company[1908?]-1909. url , , p. 10.
- The book of vegetables and garden herbs; a practical handbook and planting table for the vegetable gardener, by Allen French. London: The Macmillan company, 1907. url p. 128, p. 307.
- The book of water gardening; New York, A. T. De La Mare printing and publishing co., ltd., 1907. url p. 149, p. 150, p. 6.
- The book of water gardening; giving in full detail all the practical information necessary to the selection, grouping and successful cultivation of aquatic and other plants required in the making of a water garden and its surroun by Peter Bisset. New York: A. T. De La Mare printing and Pub. Co., ltd., 1907. url , p. 149, p. 150.
- The chemistry of plant life, by Roscoe W. Thatcher. New York [etc.]McGraw-Hill book company, inc., 1921. url p. 89.
- The chemistry of plant life. New York, McGraw, 1921. url p. 89.
- The complete garden, by Albert D. Taylor, assisted by Gordon D. Cooper. Illustrated with fifty full page cuts, four line charts, and nine coloured plates. Garden City, N.Y., Doubleday, Page, 1921. url p. 227, p. 227, p. 233, p. 233.
- The complete grazier and farmers' and cattlebreeders' assistant. .. originally written by William Youatt. .. considerably enlarged and mainly rewritten in 1893 and 1900 by William Fream. .. London, C. Lockwood and son, 1908. url p. 860.
- The complete illustrated book of garden magic. Chicago, J.G. Ferguson Pub. Co. url p. 146, p. 148, p. 260.
- The drug plants of Illinois / Leo R. Tehon; drawings by Kay H. Wadsworth. Urbana, Ill.: Natural History Survey Division, 1951. url p. 12, p. 48.
- The effects of cross and self fertilisation in the vegetable kingdom. LondonJ. Murray1916 url , p. 240, p. 299, p. 363, p. 373, p. 439, p. 443, p. 452, p. 475, p. 477, p. 479, p. 482, p. 483, p. 63, p. 81, p. 84.
- The effects of inbreeding and crossbreeding upon development / New Haven: Connecticut Agricultural Experiment Station, 1918. url p. 17, p. 70.
- The encyclopedia of gardening. A dictionary of cultivated plants, etc., giving in alphabetical sequence the culture and propagation of hardy and half-hardy plants, trees and shrubs, orchids, ferns, fruit, vegetables, hothouse and g London, W. H. & L. Collingridge url , , .
- The entomologist's log-book and dictionary of the life histories and food plants of the British Macro-Lepidoptera, giving many thousands of facts and data connected with the appearance of the ova, larvæ, pupæ, and imagines: methods of capture: habitats: food plants: authorities: synonyms: etc., in Latin and Englis by Alfred George Scorer. London, G. Routledge & sons, limited, 1913. url .
- The feeding of crops and stock: an introduction to the science of the nutrition of plants and animals / London: J. Murray, 1912. url .
- The flora of the Nilgiri and Pulney Hill-tops / by P.F. Fyson; with 580 full page illustrations and 4 maps by Lady Bourne, Mrs. Fyson and others. Madras: Printed by the Supt., Govt. Press, 1915-1920. url p. 301.
- The flower and the bee; plant life and pollination, LondonConstable1919 url p. 68.
- The flowering process. New York, Macmillan, 1963. url p. 211, p. 67.
- The garden bluebook; a manual of the perennial garden, by Leicester Bodine Holland. Garden City, N.Y., Doubleday,  url p. 100, p. 228, p. 229, p. 231, p. 233, p. 234, p. 98, p. 99.
- The garden month by month; describing the appearance, color, dates of bloom, height and cultivation of all desirable hardy herbaceous perennials for the formal or wild garden, with additional lists of aquatics, vi Garden City, N.Y., Garden City publishing company, inc.[c1907]. url .
- The landscape gardening book, wherein are set down the simple laws of beauty and utility which should guide the development of all grounds, by Grace Tabor. New York, R. M. McBride, 1916. url p. 27.
- The microanalysis of powdered vegetable drugs, by Albert Schneider. .. with 237 illustrations Philadelphia, P. Blakiston's son & co.[c1921] url p. 326.
- The moths of the British Isles, by Richard South. London, F. Warne & Co., 1907-09. url p. 223.
- The mutation theory; experiments and observations on the origin of species in the vegetable kingdom, by Hugo de Vries. .. tr. by Prof. J. B. Farmer and A. D. Darbishire. .. Chicago, Open Court Publishing Company; [etc., etc.]1909-10. url p. 212, p. 214, p. 321, p. 323.
- The native flora of the vicinity of Cold Spring Harbor, L.I., New York. n.p., 1925 url p. 202.
- The naturalisation of animals & plants in New Zealand, Cambridge [Eng.]University Press, 1922. url , , , .
- The naturalist in Nicaragua, by Thomas Belt. London, E.P. Dutton & Co. url p. 102, p. 301.
- The nature-study of plants in theory and practice for the hobby-botanist, by Thomas Alfred Dymes, with an introduction by F.E. Weiss. London, Society for Promoting Christian Knowledge;1920. url .
- The nursery-book: a complete guide to the multiplication of plants / New York: Macmillan, 1907, c1896. url .
- The organic constituents of higher plants: their chemistry and interrelationships. With contributions by Ernest Sondheimer. Minneapolis, Burgess Pub. Co. url p. 142, p. 145.
- The principles of floriculture, by Edward A. White. .. New York, The Macmillan company, 1915. url p. 398.
- The principles of plant-teratology. London, The Ray Society, 1915-1916. url , , , , , , , , .
- The relation of fertilisers to soil fertility. By F.B. Guthrie. Sydney, W.A. Gullick, government printer, 1913. url p. 31.
- The root habits of desert plants, by William Austin Cannon. Washington, Carnegie Institution of Washington, 1911. url p. 10.
- The soil; an introduction to the scientific study of of the growth of crops. New YorkDutton1920 url p. 322.
- The standard cyclopedia of horticulture; a discussion, for the amateur, and the professional and commercial grower, of the kinds, characteristics and methods of cultivation of the species of plants grown in the regions of the United States a Illustrated with colored plates, four thousand engravings in the text, and ninety-six full-page cuts. New York, Macmillan, 1919 [c1914] url p. 1009, p. 1010, p. 1467, p. 1468, p. 1476, p. 3588, p. 3620, p. 501, p. 71.
- The story of plant life in the British Isles; types of the common natural orders, by A.R. Horwood. London, J. & A. Churchill, 1914-15. url , p. 150, p. 152.
- The study of plants; an introduction to botany and plant ecology. OxfordClarendon Press1915 url p. 256.
- The weed flora of Iowa / [by L. H. Pammel; with the collaboration of Charlotte M. King. .. et al.] Des Moines: Iowa Geological Survey, 1913. url p. 736.
- The weed flora of Iowa Des Moines, Iowa geological survey, 1913. url .
- The weed flora of Iowa. .. Des Moines, Iowa Geological Survey, 1913. url p. 736.
- The weeds, poison plants, and naturalized aliens of Victoria. Melbourne, J. Kemp, Government Printer1909. url .
- Town gardening / by Mary Hampden. New York, C.Scribner's sons, 1922 url p. 20.
- Tutira: the story of a New Zealand sheep station / by H. Guthrie-Smith. Edinburgh: Blackwood, 1921. url p. 237, p. 246, p. 252.
- Types of British vegetation, Cambridge, University Press, 1911. url , .
- U.S. gardening guide: everything you need to know about how to make things grow / compiled by Jeffery Feinman. New York: Simon and Schuster, c1979. url p. 58.
- Vegetation of the Peak District / C. E. Moss. Cambridge: University Press, 1913. url p. 111, p. 113, p. 118, p. 56, p. 75.
- Vegetation of the Peak District. Cambridge, University Press, 1913. url , p. 111, p. 113, p. 118, p. 139, p. 141, p. 146, p. 15, p. 181, p. 56, p. 64, p. 75, p. 93.
- Veterinary materia medica and therapeutics / Chicago: American Veterinary Pub. Co., c1919. url .
- Veterinary medicines 1911 url p. 534, p. 535.
- Veterinary medicines, their actions, uses and dose, [Portland, Or.]Veterinary science association of America[c1916] url p. 88.
- Veterinary toxicology. Chicago, A. Eger, 1912. url , , .
- Weeds of farm land. London, Longmans, 1920. url p. 97.
- Weeds of the farm and garden, by L.H. Pammel. .. New York, Orange Judd, 1912. url .
- Wild flowers. London, Dodge url p. 71.
- Yard and garden; a book of practical information for the amateur gardener in city, town or suburb, Indianapolis, The Bobbs-Merrill company[c1908] url , p. 160.
- Bisby, F.A., Y.R. Roskov, M.A. Ruggiero, T.M. Orrell, L.E. Paglinawan, P.W. Brewer, N. Bailly, J. van Hertum, eds (2007). Species 2000 and ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2007 Annual Checklist. Species 2000: Reading, U.K.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed March 27, 2012.
- "Digitalis purpurea". in Flora of China Vol. 18 Page 53. Published by Missouri Botanical Garden Press. Online at EFloras.org.
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility. Accessed January 09, 2007. http://www.gbif.org Mediated distribution data from 38 providers.
- Ruggiero M., Gordon D., Bailly N., Kirk P., Nicolson D. (2011). The Catalogue of Life Taxonomic Classification, Edition 2, Part A. In: Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2011 Annual Checklist (Bisby F.A., Roskov Y.R., Orrell T.M., Nicolson D., Paglinawan L.E., Bailly N., Kirk P.M., Bourgoin T., Baillargeon G., Ouvrard D., eds). DVD; Species 2000: Reading, UK.
- USDA, ARS, National Genetic Resources Program. Germplasm Resources Information Network - (GRIN) [Online Database]. National Germplasm Resources Laboratory, Beltsville, Maryland. URL (April 27, 2008)
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal November 11, 2007:
- Jyväskylä University Museum - The Section of Natural Sciences, Vascular plant collection of Jyvaskyla University Museum
- Missouri Botanical Garden, Missouri Botanical Garden
- Natural History Museum, University of Oslo, Vascular Plant Herbarium, Oslo
- Natural History Museum, University of Oslo, Vascular Plants, Field notes, Oslo
- Oregon State University, Vascular Plant Collection
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Herbarium of Oskarshamn
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Plants
- UK National Biodiversity Network, Environment and Heritage Service - EHS Species Datasets
- UK National Biodiversity Network, Joint Nature Conservation Committee - Vegetation surveys of coastal shingle in Great Britain
- University of Alabama Biodiversity and Systematics, Herbarium
- University of Alaska Museum of the North, University of Alaska Museum of the North Herbarium
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 2655933
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: ITS-33585
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 4395043
- Globally Unique Identifier: urn:lsid:ipni.org:names:802077-1
- GRIN Nomen Number: 13986
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 33585
- Natural Heritage Network Species Identifier: PDSCR0M040
- U.S.D.A. Plant Symbol: DIPU
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 32145
- "Digitalis". in Flora of China Vol. 18 Page 53. Published by Science Press (Beijing) and Missouri Botanical Garden Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]
- Mean = 247.010 meters (810.400 feet), Standard Deviation = 361.770 based on 4,928 observations. Altitude information for each observation from British Oceanographic Data Centre. [back]