Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in English:
Little Barley, Little Wildbarley, Mouse Barley
Common Names in Estonian:
Common Names in French:
. Leaf sheath
of cauline leaves split almost to base
; ligule membranous or leathery-membranous; auricles
present or absent; leaf blade usually flat. Spike dense, usually without a terminal
; rachis short, brittle, rarely flexible
. Spikelets usually 3 per node, in regular rows
, with 1(or 2) florets
spikelets usually pedicellate
, rarely sessile, often reduced and much smaller than central spikelet; central spikelet usually sessile, rarely pedicellate, perfect
narrow, subulate-setaceous, sometimes lanceolate dilated
at base, inconspicuously 1-3-veined, not keeled
. Lemma subrounded abaxially, leathery, rarely leathery-membranous, 5-veined, not keeled, awned
or awnless. Palea almost equaling lemma, glabrous
, or ciliate
along keels. Lodicules broadly lanceolate or lanceolate-ovate. Caryopsis usually adnate
to lemma and palea, rarely free
on inner side, apex hairy
. x = 7.
Between 30 and 40 species: temperate regions , also on subtropical mountains; ten species (one endemic, two introduced ) in China.
All species when young are used for forage .
Flowers: Bloom Period: March, April, May. • Flower Color: bronze, brown, cream, gray, inconspicuous, none, silver, tan
Size: under 6" tall.
Typically found at an altitude of 0 to 2,998 meters (0 to 9,836 feet).
Culture: Space 3-6" apart.
Soil: Minimum pH: 5.6 • Maximum pH: 8.5
Sunlight: Sun Exposure: Full Sun .
Moisture: Drought Tolerance: High
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- Haeckel, 1866
- Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Vascular Plants
- (Auct.) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Brongniart, 1843
- Takhtajan, 1967
- Superorder: Juncanae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Subclass: Commelinidae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Class: Spermatopsida () - Brongniart, 1843
- Infraphylum: Angiospermae () - Auct.
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina () - (Auct.) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Phylum: Tracheophyta () - Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae () - Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
Critesion pusillum< /i> (Nutt.) A. Löve • Hordeum pusillum var. pubens A. S. Hitchc.
Status: Accepted Name
Last scrutiny: 17-Oct-2001
Members of the genus Hordeum
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 30 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus:
H. arizonicum (Arizona Barley) · H. brachyantherum (Meadow Barley) · H. brachyantherum brachyantherum (Meadow Barley) · H. brachyantherum californicum (Meadow Barley) · H. bulbosum (Bulbous Barley) · H. bulbosum bulbosum (Bulbous Barley) · H. depressum (Dwarf Barley) · H. intercedens (Bobtail Barley) · H. jubatum (Foxtail Barley) · H. jubatum jubatum (Foxtail Barley) · H. marinum (Mediterranean Barley) · H. marinum gussonianum (Knee Barley) · H. marinum marinum (Seaside Barley) · H. murinum (Barley Grass) · H. murinum glaucum (Bulbous Barley) · H. murinum leporinum (Bulbous Barley) · H. murinum murinum (Bulbous Barley) · H. pusillum (Little Barley) · H. secalinum (Meadow Barley) · H. spontaneum (Spontaneous Barley) · H. tetrastichum (Four-Rowed Barley) · H. vulgare (Barley) · H. vulgare distichon (Barley) · H. vulgare distichum (Two-Rowed Barley) · H. vulgare duplialbum (Barley) · H. vulgare nudideficiens (Barley) · H. vulgare nudum (Common Barley) · H. vulgare spontaneum (Spontaneous Barley) · H. vulgare subnutans (Barley) · H. vulgare vulgare (Cultivated Barley)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A class-book of botany, designed for colleges, academies, and other seminaries. Illustrated by a flora of northern, middle, and western states; particularly of the United States north of the Capitol, lat. 38 3/4. Claremont, N. H., Manufacturing Co., S. Ide, agent, 1850. url p. 620.
- A flora of California, by Willis Linn Jepson. San Francisco, Calif., Cunningham, Curtis & Welch, 1909- url p. 183, p. 184, p. 184.
- A flora of northwest America: containing brief descriptions of all the known indigenous and naturalized plants growing without cultivation north of California, west of Utah, and south of British Columbia / by Thomas Howell. Vol. 1, Phanerogamae. Portland, Or.: [s.n.], 1903. url p. 777, p. 777.
- A manual of weeds, with descriptions of all the most pernicious and troublesome plants in the United States and Canada, their habits of growth and distribution, with methods of control, by Ada E. Georgia. .. with 385 illustrations by F. Schuyler Mathews. .. New York: The Macmillan Company, 1916, c1914. url p. 66.
- A survey of natural areas in Tyrrell County, North Carolina: for The North Carolina Natural Heritage Program, Coastal Natural Area Inventory Project / Raleigh: North Carolina Coastal Energy Impact Program, Office of Coastal Management, North Carolina Dept. of Natural Resources and Community Development, [1982?] url p. 7.
- A text-book of grasses with especial reference to the economic species of the United States, by A. S. Hitchcock. New York, Macmillan, 1914. url p. 245, p. 77.
- A text-book of grasses: with especial reference to the economic species of the United States / by A.S. Hitchock. New York: Macmillan, 1914. url p. 245, p. 77.
- American grasses / Washington: Gov. Print. Off., 1897-1901. url p. 314.
- An illustrated flora of the Pacific States: Washington, Oregon, and California. Stanford University, Stanford University Press, 1923- url p. 245.
- An illustrated flora of the northern United States, Canada and the British possessions: from Newfoundland to the parallel of the southern boundary of Virginia and from the Atlantic Ocean westward to the 102nd meridian / by Nathaniel Lord Britton and Hon. Addison Brown. New York: Scribner, 1913. url p. 286.
- Annals of the Lyceum of Natural History of New York. New-York: 1824-1876. url p. 254.
- Annual report / Geological and Natural History Survey of Minnesota. St. Paul: Geological and Natural History Survey of Minnesota, 1872-1898. url p. 169.
- Bartonia;proceedings of the Philadelphia botanical club. .. 1946 Philadelphia, Philadelphia Botanical Club, Academy of Natural Sciences. url p. 23.
- Botanical explorations in southern Texas during the season of 1894. [Lancaster, Pa.]The New Era Printing House, 1895. url p. 19.
- Britton, N. L. (ed.). North American flora. [New York]New York Botanical Garden. url p. 1012, p. 228, p. 338, p. 78, p. 827, p. 9, p. 982.
- Budd's flora of the Canadian Prairie Provinces / [Ottawa]: Research Branch, Agriculture Canada, 1987. url p. 137.
- Bulletin / Illinois Natural History Survey. Urbana, State of Illinois, Dept. of Registration and Education, Natural History Survey Division, 1918-1985. url p. 425, p. 506.
- Bulletin / U.S. Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Entomology. Washington: G.P.O., 1904-1916. url p. 41, p. 43.
- Bulletin / United States Department of Agriculture, Division of Agrostology. Washington, D.C.: The Division, 1895-1901. url p. 32, p. 44, p. 55, p. 95.
- Bulletin of the Southern California Academy of Sciences. Los Angeles, Calif.: The Academy, 1902-1971. url p. 129.
- Bulletin of the U.S. Department of Agriculture. [Washington, D.C.?]: Supt. of Docs., G.P.O., 1913-1923. url p. 12.
- Bulletin, Gulf Biologic Station, Baton Rouge, Louisiana State Board of Agriculture and Immigration., 1902-1910. url p. 40, p. 63.
- Circular / United States Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Entomology. Washington, D.C.: The Bureau, 1904-1913. url p. 5.
- Contributions from the United States National Herbarium 3 1892-1896 Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1890- url p. 193, p. 240, p. 266, p. 385, p. 388, p. 393, p. 394, p. 396, p. 399, p. 517, p. 566, p. 699, p. 91, p. 96.
- Cultures of Uredineae 1899-1921. n.p., n.d. url p. 263, p. 264.
- Curtis's botanical magazine. 74 1848 London; New York [etc.]: Academic Press [etc.] url p. 36.
- Elementary flora of the Northwest, by Theodore C. Frye. .. and George B. Rigg. .. Cincinnati [etc.]American book company[c1914] url p. 49.
- Entomological news. [Philadelphia]American Entomological Society, 1925- url p. 118.
- Erigenia: journal of the Illinois Native Plant Society. Carbondale, Ill.: The Society, 1982- url p. 10, p. 11, p. 11, p. 35, p. 37, p. 43, p. 57.
- Erythea. a journal of botany, West American and general. 2 1894 Berkeley, Calif., University of California, 1893-1922. url p. 78.
- Experiment station record. Washington: G.P.O., 1889-1946. url p. 323.
- First report on the flora of Wyoming / Aven Nelson. Laramie: Wyoming Experiment Station, 1896. url p. 197.
- Flora of Bermuda. .. by Nathaniel Lord Britton. .. New York, C. Scribner's sons, 1918. url p. 39.
- Flora of Bermuda... by Nathaniel Lord Britton... New York, Scribner, 1918. url p. 39.
- Flora of Colorado, Fort Collins, Col., Experiment Station, 1906. url .
- Flora of Colorado, by P. A. Rydberg, PH. D. Fort Collins, Col., Experiment Station, 1906. url p. 55.
- Flora of Colorado, by P.A. Rydberg. Fort Collins, Col., Experiment Station, 1906. url p. 55, p. 55.
- Flora of Delaware and the Eastern Shore: an annotated list of the ferns and flowering plants of the peninsula of Delaware, Maryland and Virginia. [Wilmington]: Society of Natural History of Delaware, 1946. url p. 26.
- Flora of Indiana, by Charles C. Deam. Indianapolis, Wm. B. Burford printing co., contractor for state printing and binding, 1940. url p. 119, p. 499.
- Flora of Nebraska; a list of the ferns, conifers and flowering plants of the state with keys for their determination. Plainview, Neb., 1923 url p. 46, p. 47.
- Flora of Santa Catalina island (California) / Charles Frederick Millspaugh and Lawrence William Nuttall. 5 1923 Chicago, 1923. url p. 59.
- Flora of the District of Columbia and vicinity. By A.S. Hitchcock and Paul C. Standley, with the assistance of the botanists of Washington. WashingtonGovt. print. off.1919 url p. 91.
- Flora of the Rocky Mountains and adjacent plains, Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, Saskatchewan, Alberta, and neighboring parts of Nebraska, South Dakota, North Dakota, and British Columbia / by P.A. Rydberg. New York: The author, 1922. url p. 96.
- Flora of the northwest coast, including the area west of the summit of the Cascade Mountains, from the forty-ninth parallel south to the Calapooia Mountains on the south border of Lane County, Oregon. Lancaster, Pa., Press of the New Era Printing Company, 1915. url .
- Flora of the northwest coast: including the area west of the summit of the Cascade Mountains, from the forty-ninth parallel south to the Calapooia Mountains on the south border of Lane County, Oregon / by Charles V. Piper and R. Kent Beattie. Lancaster, Pa.: Press of the New era printing company, 1915. url p. 64.
- Flora of the southeastern United States; being descriptions of the seed-plants, ferns and fern-allies growing naturally in North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana, and in Oklahom by John Kunkel Small. New York, The author, 1913. url p. 159, p. 159.
- Grasses and forage plants a practical treatise comprising their natural history, comparative nutritive value, methods of cultivating, cutting and curing, and the management of grass lands in the United States and British provi by Charles L. Flint. Boston: J.E. Tilton, 1867. url .
- Grasses and forage plants, a practical treatise, comprising their natural history, comparative nutritive value; methods of cultivating, cutting, and curing; and the management of grass lands in the United States and British Pro Boston, Phillips, 1859. url p. 118.
- Grasses and forage plants. A practical treatise. Comprising their natural history; comparative nutritive value; methods of cultivating, cutting, and curing; and the management of grass lands in the United States and British Pro Boston, J. E. Tilton, 1867. url , .
- Grasses and forage plants: a practical treatise comprising their natural history; comparative nutritive value; methods of cultivating, cutting, and curing; and the management of grass lands in the United States and British prov Boston, Lee and Shepard, 1888. url p. 118, p. 20.
- Grasses of the West Indies. By A. S. Hitchcock and Agnes Chase. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1917. url p. 396.
- Grasses of the West Indies. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1917. url p. 396.
- Great Basin naturalist memoirs. 1987 [Provo, Utah]Brigham Young University, 1976-1992. url p. 740.
- Hardwicke's science-gossip: an illustrated medium of interchange and gossip for students and lovers of nature. London: Robert Hardwicke, 1866- url p. 3.
- Hill prairies of Illinois. Urbana, 1955. url p. 425.
- Illinois River Bluffs area assessment / Illinois Department of Natural Resources, Office of Scientific Research and Analysis, [and the] State Geological Survey Division. Springfield, Ill.: Illinois Dept. of Natural Resources, 1998- url p. 163, p. 180.
- Index to the names of North American grasses: a report presented to the Society for the Promotion of Agricultural Science, at the Indianapolis meeting, 1890 / [S.l.]Published by authority of the Society, 1980? url p. 9.
- Journal of agricultural research. Washington, U.S. Govt. Printing Office, 1913-1949.. url p. 163, p. 466, p. 473, p. 474, p. 478, p. 479.
- Journal of ethnobiology. 1 1981 Flagstaff, Ariz.: Center for Western Studies, 1981- url p. 21, p. 238, p. 246, p. 249, p. 264, p. 29, p. 31.
- Journal of the Washington Academy of Sciences. Washington [etc., Washington Academy of Sciences] url p. 238.
- Key to the Rocky Mountain flora. Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, Saskatchewan, Alberta, and parts of Nebraska, South Dakota, North Dakota, and British Columbia. New York, [c1919] url .
- Leaflets of western botany. San Fransisco:[J. T. Howell], 1932-1966. url p. 56.
- List of Pteridophyta and Spermatophyta growing without cultivation in northeastern North America. Prepared by a Committee of the Botanical Club, American Association for the Advancement of Science. New York, 1894. url p. 58.
- Manual of the Flora of Jackson County, Missouri, By Kenneth K. MacKenzie, assisted by B. F. Bush and others. Kansas City, Mo., s.n., 1902 url p. 37.
- Manual of the flora of Jackson County, Missouri. Assisted by B.F. Bush and others. Kansas City, Mo., 1902. url p. 37.
- Manual of the flora of the northern states and Canada / by Nathaniel Lord Britton. New York: Holt, 1905. url p. 155.
- Manual of the grasses of the United States / by A.S. Hitchcock. Washington: U.S. G.P.O., 1935. url p. 266, p. 871.
- Memoirs of the San Diego Society of Natural History. 12 1981 San Diego, Calif.: The Society, 1931-1989. url fig. 31, page 51.
- Memoirs of the Torrey Botanical Club. 5 1893 - 18 Durham, N.C.: Published for the Club by the Seeman Printery, 1889- url p. 58.
- Minnesota botanical studies. Minneapolis, Geological and Natural History Survey of Minnesota. url , , p. 105, p. 110.
- Muhlenbergia. Chico, Calif. [etc] url p. 367.
- New manual of botany of the central Rocky mountains (vascular plants) Cincinnati [etc.]American Book Company[c1909] url .
- Occasional papers - San Diego Society of Natural History. San Diego, The Society. url p. 21, p. 21.
- Phytogeography of Nebraska. 1. General survey by Roscoe Pound and Frederic E. Clements. Lincoln, Neb.Published by the Seminar1900 url p. 429, p. 82.
- Phytologia. Bronx Park, New York, H.A. Gleason and H.N. Moldenke, url p. 116, p. 124, p. 23, p. 353, p. 357, p. 359, p. 363, p. 375, p. 485.
- Plant life of Alabama, an account of the distribution, modes of association, and adaptations of the flora of Alabama, together with a systematic catalogue of the plants growing in the state. By Charles Mohr. .. Montgomery, Ala., Brown printing co., 1901. url p. 388.
- Plant life of Alabama. An account of the distribution, modes of association, and adaptations of the flora of Alabama, together with a systematic catalogue of the plants growing in the state. Prepared in cooperationwith the Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1901. url .
- Plant species of special concern and plant associations of Sheridan County, Montana / Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program, 2000. url .
- Plantae Bakerianae by Edw. L. Greene, and others. Washington, D.C.: s.n., 1901 url p. 47.
- Plants of Iowa; a preliminary list of the native and introduced plants of the state, not under cultivation; comp. by Wesley Greene, secretary. Des Moines, Bishard brothers, printers, 1907. url p. 139, p. 139.
- Plants of Mississippi: a list of flowering plants and ferns / by E.N. Lowe. [Jackson, Miss.]: Mississippi State Geological Survey, 1921. url .
- Plantæ Bakerianæ / by Edw. L. Greene and others. [Washington, D.C.: s.n., 1901. url p. 47.
- Preliminary report of explorations in Nebraska and Dakota, in the years 1855-'56-'57, by Lieut. G.K. Warren, Topographical Engineers. .. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1875. url p. 125.
- Proceedings of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia. Philadelphia, Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia url , , p. 600.
- Proceedings of the Biological Society of Washington. Washington, Biological Society of Washington url p. 146, p. 164, p. 200, p. 42, p. 53.
- Proceedings of the Entomological Society of Washington. Washington, etc.: Entomological Society of Washington url p. 849, p. 859.
- Proceedings of the Indiana Academy of Science. Indianapolis, Ind.[s.n.] url p. 176.
- Proceedings of the United States National Museum. 8 1885 Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.] url p. 462.
- Productive farming; or, A familiar digest of the recent discoveries of Liebig, Johnston, Davy, and other celebrated writers on vegetable chemistry; showing how the results of tillage might be greatly augmented. By Joseph A. Smith. New York, D. Appleton & Co., 1843. url p. 375.
- Reports of explorations and surveys, to ascertain the most practicable and economical route for a railroad from the Mississippi River to the Pacific Ocean. Made under the direction of the secretary of war, in 1853-. .. Washington, A.O.P. Nicholson, Printer [etc.]1855-60. url p. 49, p. 49.
- Reports of the Survey. Botanical series. Minneapolis [etc.]1892- url p. 105.
- Rocky Mountain wild flower studies; an account of the ways of some plants that live in the Rocky Mountain region, by Burton O. Longyear. .. with illustrations from nature by the author. Denver, Merchants Publishing Co., c1909 url p. 426.
- Science studies, v.1, no. 1-3. Bozeman, Mont.1905. url p. 42.
- Science. New York, N.Y.: [s.n.]1880- url p. 278.
- Sensitive plant species survey, Ashland District, Custer National Forest, Powder River and Rosebud Counties, Montana / by Bonnie L. Heidel and Hollis Marriott; for Custer National Forest. Helena, MT: Montana Natural Heritage Program,  url .
- Small, J. K. Flora of the southeastern United States;being descriptions of the seed-plants, ferns and fern-allies growing naturally in North Carolina, South Carolin, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana and the Indian territory and in Oklahoma and Texas east of the one-hundredth meridian /by John Kunkel Small. .. 1903 New York: The author, 1903. url p. 159.
- Some grasses of the Northeast: a key to their identification by vegetative characters. Newark, Delaware: University of Delaware, Agricultural Experiment Station, 1962. url p. 64.
- Syllogeus. Ottawa, National Museum of Natural Sciences, 1972-1995. url p. 23, p. 23.
- The American journal of science and arts. New-Haven: S. Converse, url p. 104.
- The American journal of science. 23 (2) 1857 New Haven, Kline Geology Laboratory, Yale University. url p. 81.
- The American midland naturalist. Notre Dame, Ind., University of Notre Dame. url p. 78.
- The Canadian field-naturalist. Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url p. 505, p. 518, p. 728.
- The Great Basin naturalist. Provo, Utah: M.L. Bean Life Science Museum, Brigham Young University, 1939-1999. url p. 10, p. 114, p. 173, p. 38, p. 562, p. 95.
- The Journal of the Iowa Academy of Science: JIAS. Cedar Falls, Iowa: The Academy, 1988- url p. 31.
- The London journal of botany: containing figures and descriptions of such plants as recommend themselves by their novelty, rarity, history, or uses: together with botanical notices and information and and occasional portraits and memoirs of eminent botanists. 5 1846 London: H. Baillie?re, 1842-1848. url p. 512.
- The Metaspermae of the Minnesota Valley: a list of the higher seed-producing plants indigenous to the drainage-basin of the Minnesota River / by Conway MacMillan. Minneapolis: Geological and Natural History Survey of Minnesota, 1892. url p. 87.
- The Plant world. Baltimore [etc.]Plant World Association [etc.] url p. 118.
- The Proceedings of the Iowa Academy of Science. Des moines, Iowa: The Academy, [1889-1987] url p. 168, p. 179, p. 31.
- The University of Colorado studies. Boulder, University of Colorado. url p. 127.
- The University of Kansas science bulletin. 37 1955 [Lawrence]: University of Kansas, 1902-1996. url p. 125, p. 131, p. 145, p. 68.
- The University of Missouri studies. Columbia, Mo.: The University, 1905- url p. 15, p. 163.
- The flora of Boulder, Colorado, and vicinity, by Francis Potter Daniels. .. [Columbia, Mo.]The University of Missouri, 1911. url p. 15.
- The flora of Tennessee and a philosophy of botany: respectfully dedicated to the citizens of Tennessee / by Augustin Gattinger. Nashville: Press of Gospel Advocate Pub. Co., 1901. url p. 47.
- The geological and natural history survey of Minnesota: the twelfth annual report for the year 1883 / N.H. Winchell. Minneapolis: Johnson, Smith & Harrison, 1884. url p. 169.
- The grasses of Illinois / by Edna Mosher. Urbana, Ill.: University of Illinois Agricultural Experiment Station, 1918. url p. 264, p. 410, p. 412.
- The grasses of Illinois, by Edna Mosher. Urbana, Ill., 1918. url p. 410, p. 412.
- The grasses of Iowa / L. H. Pammel, J. B. Weems, and F. Lamson-Schribner. Des Moines: Iowa Geological Survey, 1901-1904  i.e. 1905] url p. 329, p. 337, p. 340.
- The natural history of Washington territory, with much relating to Minnesota, Nebraska, Kansas, Oregon, and California, between the thirty-sixth and forty-ninth parallels of latitude, being those parts of the final reports on the survey of the N By J. G. Cooper, M. D., and Dr. G. Suckley. .. This edition contains a new preface, giving a sketch of the explorations, a classified table of contents, and the latest additions by the authors. With f London, Baillière brothers, 1859. url p. 45.
- The plant life of Maryland, by Forrest Shreve [et al.] Baltimore, Johns Hopkins Press, 1910. url p. 404.
- The weed flora of Iowa / [by L. H. Pammel; with the collaboration of Charlotte M. King. .. et al.] Des Moines: Iowa Geological Survey, 1913. url p. 424, p. 61, p. 715, p. 787.
- The weed flora of Iowa Des Moines, Iowa geological survey, 1913. url , , , .
- The weed flora of Iowa. .. Des Moines, Iowa Geological Survey, 1913. url p. 424, p. 61, p. 62, p. 787.
- Transactions of the California State Agricultural Society. Sacramento, G.H. Springer. url p. 143.
- Transactions of the Kansas Academy of Science. Topeka, Kan.: W.Y. Morgan, 1903- url p. 99.
- Transactions of the Kentucky Academy of Science. [Lexington, Ky.]Kentucky Academy of Science, 1923-1997. url p. 89.
- Transactions of the. .. annual meetings of the Kansas Academy of Science. Topeka, Kan.: Kansas Pub. House, 1883-1901. url p. 101, p. 114, p. 119, p. 146, p. 180, p. 194, p. 201.
- Tulane studies in zoology and botany. 24 1983 New Orleans: Tulane University, [1968- url , p. 115.
- Vascular plants of the Sangamon River basin; annotated checklist and ecological summary [by] Almut G. Jones and David T. Bell. [Urbana], University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, College of Agriculture,  url p. 41.
- Weeds of the North Central States. Urbana, Ill: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, College of Agriculture, Agricultural Experiment Station,  url p. 27, p. 275.
- Weeds of the farm and garden, by L.H. Pammel. .. New York, Orange Judd, 1912. url .
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 11, 2012.
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 2661059
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: ITS-524163
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 4490920
- Globally Unique Identifier: urn:lsid:ipni.org:names:405338-1
- GRIN Nomen Number: 19322
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 40866
- MoBot NameID: 25516174
- Natural Heritage Network Species Identifier: PMPOA380B0
- U.S.D.A. Plant Symbol: HOPUP
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 32094
- "Hordeum". in Flora of China Vol. 22 Page 6, 386, 395, 443, 444. Published by Science Press (Beijing) and Missouri Botanical Garden Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]
- Mean = 365.970 meters (1,200.689 feet), Standard Deviation = 435.260 based on 1,083 observations. Altitude information for each observation from British Oceanographic Data Centre. [back]