- A bitter herb, which when dried is used as tea for debility and colds. The plant is also used in certain candies for coughs and sore throat , as an expectorant , as a diaphoretic , and as a laxative when taken in large doses . It is the source of an essential oil used in liqueurs. It is also a honey plant. [source]
Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in English:
Common Hoarhound, Horehound, White Horehound
Common Names in French:
Marrube Blanc, Marrube Vulgaire
Common Names in German:
Common Names in Latin:
Common Names in Portuguese:
Marroio, Marroio Branco
Common Names in Romanian:
Common Names in Russian:
šandra Obyknovennaja, шандра обыкновенная
Common Names in Spanish:
Marrubio, Marrubio Común
Species Marrubium vulgare
Stems branched or unbranched, 30-40 cm tall, base woody, densely appressed lanate-villous. Leaves reduced upward; petiole 0.7-1.5 cm; leaf blade ovate to circular, 2-3.5 × 1.8-3 cm, adaxially polished, corrugate, and sparsely villous , abaxially densely scabrid strigose-villous, base broadly cuneate to rounded , margin dentate-serrate, apex obtuse to subrounded. Verticillasters axillary , many flowered, widely spaced basally, crowded upward, globose , 1.5-2.3 cm in diam.; bracts subulate , as long as to longer than calyx tube , reflexed . Calyx 10-veined; teeth 10, main 5 long, alternate with to 5 accessory teeth, 1-4 mm, subulate, hooked . Corolla white, ca. 9 mm; tube ca. 6 mm, densely pubescent outside, pilose annulate inside; upper lip as long as or slightly shorter than lower lip, straight or spreading , 2-lobed; middle lobe of lower lip reniform, undulate , 2-cleft. Nutlets triquetrous , ovoid , warty. Fl. Jun-Aug, fr. Jul-Sep. [source]
Habit: Subshrub , Forb/herb
Flowers: Whitish flowers.
Foliage: Summer foliage: Wooly white foliage .
Size: 1-3' tall.
Dry grassy loess , slopes .
Typically found at an altitude of 0 to 4,936 meters (0 to 16,194 feet).
Culture: Space 1' apart.
Soil: Good in any dry soil.
Sunlight: Sun Exposure: Sun.
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- Haeckel, 1866
- Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Vascular Plants
- (Auct.) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Brongniart, 1843
- Takhtajan, 1967
- Superorder: Lamianae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Subclass: Asteridae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Class: Magnoliopsida () - Brongniart, 1843 - Dicotyledons
- Infraphylum: Angiospermae () - Auct.
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina () - (Auct.) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Phylum: Tracheophyta () - Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae () - Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
Status: Accepted Name
Last scrutiny: 15-Mar-2000
Members of the genus Marrubium
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 6 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus:
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- ... A preliminary catalogue of the flora of New Jersey. Comp. by N. L. Britton. .. with the assistance of eminent botanists. New Brunswick, Office of the survey, 1881. url p. 78.
- A List of plants collected in the vicinity of Oquawka, Henderson County, Ills. / by Harry N. Patterson. [Oquawka]: Oquawka Spectator Print, 1874. url p. 11.
- A Manual of botany: being an introduction to the study of the structure, physiology, and classification of plants / Edinburgh: A. and C. Black, 1875. url .
- A Yosemite flora; a descriptive account of the ferns and flowering plants, including the trees, of the Yosemite National Park; with simple keys for their identification. .. by Harvey Monroe Hall and Carlotta Case Hall. San Francisco, Elder, 1912. url p. 211.
- A biological survey of the sand dune region on the south shore of Saginaw Bay, Michigan. Prepared under the direction of Alexander G. Ruthven. Lansing, Mich.: Wynkoop, Hallenbeck, Crawford co., state printers, 1911. url p. 109, p. 333.
- A catalogue of plants cultivated in the garden of John Gerard, in the years 1596-1599 /edited with notes, references to Gerard's Herball, the addition of modern names, and a life of the author, by Benjamin Daydon Jackson. 1876 London: Privately printed, 1876 url p. 41.
- A compendium of the Cybele britannica; or British plants in their geographical relations. London, Longmans, Green, Reader & Dyer, 1870. url , .
- A condensed compendium of pharmaceutical knowledge; a quiz book, by H.C. Gray and C.H. Bryan. Chicago, Gray & Bryan, 1892. url p. 145.
- A contribution to the flora of Derbyshire being an account of the flowering plants, ferns, and Characeae found in the county / by W.H. Painter. London: George Bell, 1889. url p. 95.
- A dictionary of American plant names / compiled by Willard N. Clute. Joliet, Ill.: W.N. Clute, 1923. url p. 25.
- A dictionary of English names of plants applied in England and among English-speaking people to cultivated and wild plants, trees, and shrubs, by William Miller; in two parts, English-Latin and Latin-English. London, J. Murray, 1884. url p. 217, p. 65.
- A dictionary of the flowering plants and ferns, by J. C. Willis. CambridgeThe University Press, 1919 url p. 411.
- A first report on the relations between climates and crops. By Cleveland Abbe. Washington [D.C.]: Govt. Print. Off., 1905. url p. 201.
- A flora of California, by Willis Linn Jepson. San Francisco, Calif., Cunningham, Curtis & Welch, 1909- url p. 397, p. 398.
- A flora of the English Lake District. London, G. Bell, 1885. url .
- A flora of western middle California, Berkeley, Cal., Encina Publishing Company, 1901. url .
- A guide to the natural history of the Isle of Wight: a series of contributions by specialists relating to the various branches of natural history and kindred subjects / edited by Frank Morey. Newport, Isle of Wight: The County Press, 1909. url p. 169.
- A handbook of British Lepidoptera, by Edward Meyrick. London, Macmillan, 1895. url p. 437.
- A handbook of systematic botany / by Dr. E. Warming with a revision of the fungi by Dr. E. Knoblauch, tr. and ed. by M. C. Potter. New York: Macmillan & Co., 1895. url p. 538.
- A handbook of systematic botany; with a revision of the fungi, by E. Knoblauch; tr. and ed. by M.C. Potter. London, Swan url p. 538.
- A list of plants growing without cultivation in Franklin, Hampshire and Hampden Counties, Massachusetts, Amherst, Mass., Carpenter & Morehouse, 1913. url .
- A manual flora of Egypt / by Reno Muschler. With a preface by Paul Ascherson and Georg Schweinfurth. Berlin, R. Friedlaender, 1912. url p. 829, p. 830.
- A manual of botany: including the structure, classification, properties, uses, and functions of plants. London, John Churchill and Sons, 1870. url p. 269, p. 610.
- A manual of poisonous plants, chiefly of eastern North America, with brief notes on economic and medicinal plants, and numerous illustrations, by L.H. Pammel Cedar Rapids, Ia., The Torch press, 1911. url p. 709.
- A manual of poisonous plants: chiefly of eastern North America, with brief notes on economic and medicinal plants, and numerous illustrations / by L. H. Pammel. 1911 Cedar Rapids, Ia.: The Torch Press, 1910-11. url p. 952.
- A manual of scientific terms, pronouncing, etymological, and explanatory, chiefly comprising terms in botany, natural history, anatomy, medicine, and veterinary science, with an appendix of specific names. Designed for the use of by Rev. James Stormonth Edinburgh, Maclachlan and Stewart, 1885 url p. 201, p. 252.
- A manual of the medical botany of North America by Laurence Johnson. New York: W. Wood, 1884. url p. 214, p. 289.
- A manual of weeds, with descriptions of all the most pernicious and troublesome plants in the United States and Canada, New York, The Macmillan company, 1914. url p. 349, p. 350, p. 583.
- A manual of weeds: with descriptions of all the most pernicious and troublesome plants in the United States and Canada, their habits of growth and distribution, with methods of control / New York: Macmillan, 1919, c1914. url , .
- A new British flora: British wild flowers in their natural haunts / described by A. R. Horwood; with sixty-four plates in colour representing 350 different plants, from drawings by J. N. Fitch and many illustrations from photographs. London: Gresham, 1919. url p. 223.
- A new British flora; British wild flowers in their natural haunts, described by A. R. Horwood, with 64 plates in col. representing 350 different plants, from drawings by J. N. Fitch and many illus. from photo. London, Gresham Pub. Co., 1919. url p. 223.
- A new London flora; or, Handbook to the botanical localities of the metropolitan districts. Compiled from the latest authorities, and from personal observations. London, Hardwick and Bogue, 1877. url p. 100, p. 125, p. 159, p. 40.
- A practical flora for schools and colleges, by Oliver R. Willis. New York, American Book Co.[c1894] url p. 207.
- A preliminary list of the vascular flora of Allegheny County, Pennsylvania / by John A. Shaffer. Pittsburgh?: Carnegie Institute Museum?, 1901? url p. 91.
- A provisional host-index of the fungi of the United States, by W. G. Farlow and A. B. Seymour. Cambridge, 1888-91. url p. 87.
- A season among the wildflowers / by the Rev. Henry Wood. London: .W. S. Sonnenschein, 1883. url p. 160.
- A study of the vegetation of southeastern Washington and adjacent Idaho. .. Lincoln, Neb. url p. 109, p. 110.
- A supplement to F. Hamilton Davey's Flora of Cornwall / by Edgar Thurston and Chambr C. Vigurs. Truro: Oscar Blackford, Royal Printeries, 1922. url p. 111.
- A text-book of botany and pharmacognosy, intended for the use of students of pharmacy, as a reference book for pharmacists, and as a handbook for food and drug analysts. London, Lippincott[c1907] url , .
- Acta Societatis pro Fauna et Flora Fennica. Helsinki: Societas, 1875-1980. url , p. 442.
- Allan Hancock Pacific expeditions. [Reports] Los Angeles, University of Southern California Press. url p. 241, p. 33.
- American honey plants; together with those which are of special value to the beekeeper as sources of pollen. Hamilton, Ill., American Bee Journal, 1920. url p. 124, p. 293, p. 57.
- American plants. .. [Descriptions, bibliographical notes, synonymy, and other information, comp. from many sources] Charles Russell Orcutt, editor. San Diego, Calif., -1910. url p. 682.
- An account of the flowering plants, ferns and allies of Harleston. With a sketch of the geology, climate, and natural characteristics of the neighbourhood. Compiled and edited by Francis William Galpin. To which are added Observations on the birds of the district, by Charles Candler. London, Bartlett, 1888. url p. 95.
- An elementary course of botany: structural, physiological, and systematic / by Arthur Henfrey. London: John Van Voorst, 1878. url p. 321.
- An illustrated dictionary of medicine, biology and allied sciences. .. by George M. Gould. 5th ed., with additions and corrections. PhiladelphiaP. Blakiston's Son1907 url p. 728.
- An illustrated flora of the Pacific States: Washington, Oregon, and California. Stanford University, Stanford University Press, 1923- url p. 624, p. 625.
- An illustrated flora of the northern United States, Canada and the British possessions: from Newfoundland to the parallel of the southern boundary of Virginia and from the Atlantic Ocean westward to the 102nd meridian / by Nathaniel Lord Britton and Hon. Addison Brown. New York: Scribner, 1913. url p. 110.
- An illustrated guide to the flowering plants of the middle Atlantic and New England states (excepting the grasses and sedges) the descriptive text written in familiar language, by George T. Stevens. .. with more than 1800 illustrations from drawings by the author. New York, Dodd, Mead and company, 1910. url p. 537, p. 540.
- Anales de la Sociedad Espaola de Historia Natural. Madrid: La Sociedad, url p. 184, p. 184, p. 189, p. 189, p. 229, p. 287, p. 296, p. 318, p. 355, p. 373, p. 384, p. 452, p. 49, p. 67, p. 85, p. 85, p. 97.
- Annals of the Carnegie Museum. [Pittsburgh]: Published by authority of the Board of Trustees of the Carnegie Institute, 1901- url p. 91.
- Annotated list of the ferns and flowering plants of New York state, by Homer D. House. Albany, The University of the state of New York, 1924. url p. 594.
- Annual report / Albany: University of the State of New York, 1902-1918. url p. 12, p. 17.
- Annual report Missouri Botanical Garden. 10 1899 St. Louis: Board of Trustees, 1890-1912. url p. 192, p. 201, p. 201, p. 203, p. 238.
- Annual report of the Maine Agricultural Experiment Station. [Orono, Me.: Maine State College, 1885-1953. url p. 4, p. 48, p. 54.
- Annual report of the Michigan Academy of Science. Lansing, Mich.: The Academy, 1904. url p. 115.
- Annual report of the Ohio State Academy of Science. Columbus: The Academy, 1893-1930. url p. 25, p. 259, p. 259, p. 57.
- Annual report on the New York State Museum of Natural History. Albany, Regents of the University of the State of New York. url p. 128, p. 30.
- Annual report. United States Geological and Geographical Survey of the Territories. 1st-12th, 1867-1878. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1867-83. url p. 776.
- Annual reports of the Department of Agriculture for the fiscal year ended. ..: report of the Secretary of Agriculture, miscellaneous reports. Washington: G.P.O., 1897-1924. url p. 217.
- Archiv for mathematik og naturvidenskab. Oslo [etc.]O. Norlis [etc.] url p. 296.
- Bartonia;proceedings of the Philadelphia botanical club. .. 42 - 46 1973 - 19 Philadelphia, Philadelphia Botanical Club, Academy of Natural Sciences. url p. 11, p. 13, p. 19, p. 22, p. 63.
- Beekeeping; a discussion of the life of the honeybee and of the production of honey, by Everett Franklin Phillips. London, Macmillan & Co., 1918. url p. 383.
- Bergen's botany, key and flora. Northern and central states ed. By Joseph Y. Bergen. Boston, Ginn,  url p. 210.
- Bergen's botany: key and flora: Northern and Central States ed. / by Joseph Y. Bergen. Boston: Ginn, 1901. url p. 195.
- Biologia centrali-americana; or, Contributions to the knowledge of the fauna and flora of Mexico and Central America. London, Pub. for the editors by R. H. Porter and Dulau & co., 1879-88. url .
- Botanical Museum leaflets, Harvard University. 8 1940 Cambridge, Mass.: Botanical Museum, Harvard University, 1932- url p. 165.
- Botanical abstracts. Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins Co. url p. 123, p. 244, p. 245.
- Botanisk tidsskrift / utgivet af den Botaniske forening i Kbenhavn. Kbenhavn: G.E.C. Gads Forlag, 1866-1981. url p. 240, p. 333, p. 366, p. 443.
- Botany for high schools and colleges / by Charles E. Bessey. New York: H. Holt, 1883, c1880. url p. 497.
- Botany for secondary schools; a guide to the knowledge of the vegetation of the neighborhood, by L. H. Bailey. New York, Macmillan, 1913. url p. 403.
- Botany of the Bermudas / by H.B. Small. Hamilton, Bermuda: S. Nelmes, 1913. url p. 82.
- Botany of the Bermudas, Hamilton, BermudaS. Nelmes, 1913. url .
- Botany of the United States north of Virginia; comprising descriptions of the flowering and fern-like plants hitherto found in those states, arranged according to the natural system. With a synopsis of the genera according to the Linnean system, a New York, Harper, 1868. url p. 283.
- Botany. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1871. url , .
- Botany: an elementary text for schools / by L. H. Bailey. New York: Macmillan, 1901, c1900. url p. 349.
- Botany; an elementary text for schools, by L. H. Beiley. New York, Macmillan Co., 1909 [c1907] url p. 424.
- Brigham Young University science bulletin. 4 1964 Provo, Utah: Brigham Young University, [1955-1976] url p. 22.
- British wild flowers: familiarly described in the four seasons for the use of beginners and amateurs / by Thomas Moore. London, Reeve, 1867. url p. 296.
- Brooklyn Botanic Garden record. 24 1935 [Brooklyn]: Brooklyn Botanic Garden, 1912-44. url p. 78.
- Budd's flora of the Canadian Prairie Provinces / [Ottawa]: Research Branch, Agriculture Canada, 1987. url p. 625.
- Bulletin - United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.];1877-1971. url p. 179, p. 226, p. 394, p. 41, p. 413, p. 462, p. 98.
- Bulletin / Ohio Biological Survey. Columbus, Ohio: Ohio State University, 1913- url p. 217.
- Bulletin / U.S. Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Plant Industry. Washington: G.P.O., 1901-1913. url p. 17, p. 23, p. 45, p. 5, p. 51, p. 6.
- Bulletin of miscellaneous information /Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. 1923 London: H.M. Stationery Office, 1900-1941. url p. 126, p. 318, p. 428.
- Bulletin of the Biological Society of Washington. Washington, D.C.: The Society, 1918- url p. 9.
- Bulletin of the British Museum (Natural History). London: The Museum, 1950-1977. url p. 349, p. 354, p. 364, p. 366, p. 367.
- Bulletin of the Essex Institute. Salem, Mass., Essex Institute. url p. 165.
- Bulletin of the New York Botanical Garden. Lancaster, Pa.: Published for the Garden by the New Era Printing Co., url p. 261.
- Bulletin of the Southern California Academy of Sciences. Los Angeles, Calif.: The Academy, 1902-1971. url p. 114, p. 23, p. 61.
- Bulletin of the Torrey Botanical Club. 27 1900 New York: Torrey Botanical Club, 1870-1996 url p. 124, p. 223, p. 248, p. 388, p. 404, p. 42, p. 425, p. 496, p. 684, p. 691.
- Bulletin of the U.S. Department of Agriculture. [Washington, D.C.?]: Supt. of Docs., G.P.O., 1913-1923. url p. 42, p. 60.
- Bulletin of the scientific laboratories of Denison University. Granville, Ohio: [The University], 1885- url p. 23, p. 70.
- Bulletin. Salem, Mass. url p. 165.
- C. E. Hobbs Botanical hand-book of common local, English, botanical and pharmacopial names arranged in alphabetical order, of most of the crude vegetable drugs, etc., in common use. Especially designed as a reference book for druggists and apothecaries. Comp. and pub. by Charles E. Hobbs. Boston, Printed by C.C. Roberts, 1876. url p. 189, p. 243.
- C.E. Hobbs' Botanical hand-book: of common local, English, botanical and pharmacopial names arranged in alphabetical order, of most of the crude vegetable drugs, etc., in common use: their properties, productions and uses in an abb Boston: Printed by C.C. Roberts, 1876. url , , , , .
- Cassell's dictionary of practical gardening; an illustrated encyclopdia of practical horticulture for all classes; ed. by Walter P. Wright. London, Cassell and company, limited, 1902. url p. 231, p. 424.
- Catalog of Ohio vascular plants, arranged according to the phyletic classification; with notes on the geographical distribution in the state, based mainly on specimens in the State Herbarium, Botanical Laboratory, the Ohio State Univ Columbus, The Ohio State University, 1914. url .
- Catalog of hymenoptera in America north of Mexico / prepared cooperatively by specialists on the various groups of Hymenoptera under the direction of Karl V. Krombein. .. [et al.]. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1979- url , , , , , , p. 1757, p. 1987, p. 1988, p. 1994, p. 2016, p. 2017, p. 2024, p. 2034, p. 2042, p. 2048, p. 2052, p. 2053, p. 2054, p. 2056, p. 2059, p. 2067, p. 2070, p. 2071, p. 2072, p. 2074, p. 2075, p. 2076, p. 2117, p. 2141, p. 2142.
- Catalogue of Canadian plants. .. Montreal [etc.]1883-1902. url p. 389, p. 389.
- Catalogue of plants which have been found growing without cultivation in the park and its outlying territories collected, mounted and catalogued for the plant herbarium in the superintendent's office at Niagara Falls, Ontario / by Roderick Cameron. Niagara Falls, Ont.?: s.n., 1896? url , .
- Catalogue of scientific papers (1800-1900) Comp. by the Royal society of London. Cambridge, C. J. Clay and sons, 1867-1902; url p. 471.
- Catalogue of scientific papers, 1800-1900. Compiled by the Royal Society of London. London, C.J. Clay and Sons, 1867-1902 [etc.] Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 1914-25. url p. 365, p. 471.
- Catalogue of the flora of Minnesota: including its phnogamous and vascular cryptogamous plants, indigenous, naturalized, and adventive / by Warren Upham. Minneapolis: Johnson, Smith & Harrison, 1884. url p. 106.
- Catalogue of the flowering plants and ferns of Connecticut growing without cultivation / by Charles Burr Graves. .. [et al.]; Committee of the Connecticut Botanical Society. Hartford: Printed for the State Geological and Natural History Survey, 1910. url p. 333.
- Chamber's encyclopaedia, a dictionary of universal knowledge. London, Chambers, 1902. url p. 778.
- Chambers's information for the people; edited by William and Robert Chambers. London, Chambers, 1884. url p. 104.
- College botany, structure, physiology and economics of plants. Philadelphia, Lippincott, 1920. url p. 374.
- Colour in my garden, by Louise Beebe Wilder. Illustrated in colour, by Anna Winegar. Garden City, N.Y., Doubleday, Page, 1918. url p. 362.
- Commercial gardening, a practical & scientific treatise for market gardeners, market growers, fruit, flower & vegetable growers, nurserymen, etc. By many practical specialists under the editorship of John Weathers. London, The Gresham publishing company, 1913. url p. 193, p. 237.
- Compte rendu du Congre?s international d'essais de semences. Discussions at the International Seed Testing Conference. Verhandlungen der Internationalen Konferenz fu?r Samenpru?fung a?/in Copenhague (Danemark), 6.- 10. VI. 1921. Hamburg, Druck von Lu?tcke & Wulff url .
- Contributions from the Botanical Laboratory. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1892- url .
- Contributions from the United States National Herbarium 4 1893 Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1890- url p. 176, p. 230, p. 242, p. 247, p. 311, p. 343, p. 383, p. 47, p. 478, p. 489, p. 556, p. 569, p. 598, p. 705.
- Contributions to the flora and fauna of Repton and neighbourhood. London, Bemrose, 1881. url p. 40.
- Contributions to the natural history of the Bermudas. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1884. url p. 138.
- Contributions towards a Cybele hibernica, being outlines of the geographical distribution of plants in Ireland. Dublin.Hodges, Smith, 1866. url p. 231.
- Culinary herbs: their cultivation harvesting curing and uses / New York: Orange Judd Co., 1912. url , .
- Culinary herbs; New York, Orange Judd company; [etc., etc.]1912. url p. 51, p. 95.
- Culinary herbs; their cultivation, harvesting, curing and uses, by M. G. Kains. .. New York: Orange Judd Company; [etc., etc.], 1912. url p. 51, p. 95.
- Dictionary of biological equivalents, German-English, by Ernst Artschwager. .. Baltimore, The Williams & Wilkins company, 1930. url p. 29.
- Dictionary of the active principles of plants: alkaloids, bitter principles, glucosides, their sources, nature, and chemical characteristics, with tabular summary, classification of reactions, and full botanical and general indexes / by Charles E. Sohn. London: Baillire, Tindall and Cox, 1894. url p. 175.
- Diseases of truck crops and their control / New York: E.P. Dutton & Co., [c1918] url .
- Elementary flora of the Northwest, Cincinnati [etc.]American Book Company[c1914] url .
- English plant names from the tenth to the fifteenth century by John Earle. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1880. url , .
- Enquiry into plants and minor works on odoùrs and weather signs, London, G. P. Putnam's Sons, 1916. url p. 471.
- Epping Forest / by Edward North Buxton. London: E. Stanford, 1885. url p. 124.
- Erigenia: journal of the Illinois Native Plant Society. Carbondale, Ill.: The Society, 1982- url p. 20.
- Erythea. a journal of botany, West American and general. Berkeley, Calif., University of California, 1893-1922. url p. 128, p. 18, p. 243.
- Essentials of botany. Boston, Ginn[c1908] url , .
- Farmer's cyclopedia: a compilation of such bulletins and reports as are indispensable to the practical farmer. Garden City, N. Y.: Doubleday, Page, 1914. url p. 561.
- Fauna, flora & geology of the Clyde area, ed. by G.F. Scott Elliot, Malcolm Laurie and J. Barclay Murdoch. Glasgow, Pub. by the local committee for the meeting of the British Association, 1901. url p. 124.
- Field book of American wild flowers; being a short description of their character and habits, a concise definition of their colors, and incidental references to the insects which assist in their fertilization, by F. Schuyler Mathews. 1912 New York, Putnam,  url p. 580.
- Field, forest, and garden botany; a simple introduction to the common plants of the United States east of the 100th meridian, both wild and cultivated, by Asa Gray. .. Cincinnati [etc.]American Book Company url p. 354.
- Flora Peoriana; the vegetation in the climate of middle Illinois. Peoria, Ill., J. W. Franks & Sons, 1887. url , p. 38.
- Flora Washingtonensis; a catalogue of the Phaenogamia and Pteridophyta of the state of Washington, n.p., 1892 url .
- Flora of Berkshire County, Massachusetts. Boston, Printed for the Society, 1922. url , p. 354.
- Flora of Bermuda. .. by Nathaniel Lord Britton. .. New York, C. Scribner's sons, 1918. url p. 331, p. 576.
- Flora of Bermuda... by Nathaniel Lord Britton... New York, Scribner, 1918. url p. 576.
- Flora of Colorado, Fort Collins, Col., Experiment Station, 1906. url .
- Flora of Colorado, by P. A. Rydberg, PH. D. Fort Collins, Col., Experiment Station, 1906. url p. 296.
- Flora of Colorado, by P.A. Rydberg. Fort Collins, Col., Experiment Station, 1906. url p. 296, p. 296.
- Flora of County Kerry: including the flowering plants, ferns, Characeae, &c. Dublin: Hodges, Figgis, 1916. url .
- Flora of Delaware and the Eastern Shore: an annotated list of the ferns and flowering plants of the peninsula of Delaware, Maryland and Virginia. [Wilmington]: Society of Natural History of Delaware, 1946. url p. 220.
- Flora of Guatemala / Paul C. Standley and Louis O. Williams. 24 1973 Chicago, Ill.: Field Museum of Natural History, 1973. url p. 264.
- Flora of Guernsey and the lesser Channel Islands: namely, Alderney, Sark, Herm, Jethou, and the adjacent islets. London, Dulau, 1901. url p. 150, p. 375, p. 432.
- Flora of Illinois, containing keys for identification of flowering plants and ferns. Notre Dame, Ind., University of Notre Dame Press, 1963. url p. 217.
- Flora of Indiana, by Charles C. Deam. Indianapolis, Wm. B. Burford printing co., contractor for state printing and binding, 1940. url p. 805, p. 806.
- Flora of Los Angeles and vicinity / by LeRoy Abrams. Stanford University, Cal. 1917. url p. 313.
- Flora of Nebraska; a list of the ferns, conifers and flowering plants of the state with keys for their determination. Plainview, Neb., 1923 url p. 128.
- Flora of New Bedford and the shores of Buzzards Bay, with a procession of the flowers. New Bedford [Mass.]E. Anthony, 1911. url p. 113.
- Flora of New Mexico / by E.O. Wooton and Paul C. Standley. Washington: G.P.O., 1915. url p. 556.
- Flora of New Mexico. By E.O. Wooton and Paul C. Standley. WashingtonGovt. Print. Off.1915 url p. 556.
- Flora of Pennsylvania. Edited with the addition of analytical keys by John Kunkel Small. Boston, Ginn & Co., 1903. url p. 266.
- Flora of Peru / by J. Francis Macbride. 13 1960 Chicago, U.S.A.: Field Museum of Natural History,  url p. 823.
- Flora of Plymouth: an account of the flowering plants and ferns found within twelve miles of the town; history of local botanical investigation. London, J. Van Voorst, 1880. url p. 265, p. 415.
- Flora of Santa Catalina island (California) / Charles Frederick Millspaugh and Lawrence William Nuttall. 5 1923 Chicago, 1923. url p. 239, p. 328, p. 341, p. 381.
- Flora of Sussex; or a list of the flowering plants & ferns found in the county of Sussex, with localities of the less common species. London, Simpkin [et al.]1907. url p. 84.
- Flora of West Virginia, by Charles Frederick Millspaugh and Lawrence William Nuttall. 1 1896 Chicago, 1896. url p. 225, p. 74.
- Flora of southeastern Washington and adjacent Idaho / by Charles V. Piper and R. Kent Beattie. Lancaster, Pa.: New Era, 1914. url p. 215.
- Flora of southern British Columbia and Vancouver Island: with many references to Alaska and northern species / by Joseph Kaye Henry. Toronto: W.J. Gage, c1915. url p. 257.
- Flora of southern and Lower California. A check-list of the flowering plants and ferns / by Charles Russell Orcutt. San Diego, Cal., 1885. url p. 9.
- Flora of the Bristol coal-field. Edited for the Bristol Naturalists' Society by James Walter White. Bristol, J. Fawn [etc.]1881-86. url .
- Flora of the District of Columbia and vicinity. By A.S. Hitchcock and Paul C. Standley, with the assistance of the botanists of Washington. WashingtonGovt. print. off.1919 url p. 242.
- Flora of the Rocky Mountains and adjacent plains, Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, Saskatchewan, Alberta, and neighboring parts of Nebraska, South Dakota, North Dakota, and British Columbia / by P.A. Rydberg. New York: The author, 1922. url p. 744.
- Flora of the U.S.S.R. [Springfield, Va.: Israel Program for Scientific Translations; 1968- url .
- Flora of the northwest coast, including the area west of the summit of the Cascade Mountains, from the forty-ninth parallel south to the Calapooia Mountains on the south border of Lane County, Oregon. Lancaster, Pa., Press of the New Era Printing Company, 1915. url .
- Flora of the northwest coast: including the area west of the summit of the Cascade Mountains, from the forty-ninth parallel south to the Calapooia Mountains on the south border of Lane County, Oregon / by Charles V. Piper and R. Kent Beattie. Lancaster, Pa.: Press of the New era printing company, 1915. url p. 312.
- Flora of the southeastern United States; being descriptions of the seed-plants, ferns and fern-allies growing naturally in North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana, and in Oklahom by John Kunkel Small. New York, The author, 1913. url p. 1025, p. 1025.
- Flora of the southeastern Washington and adjacent Idaho, Lancaster, Pa., Press of the New Era Printing Company, 1914. url .
- Flora of the state of Washington / by Charles V. Piper. Washington: G.P.O., 1906 url p. 489.
- Flora of the state of Washington. By Charles V. Piper. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1906. url p. 489.
- Flora of the vicinity of New York; a contribution to plant geography. [New York]1915 url p. 531.
- Florists' review Chicago: Florists' Pub. Co. url p. 639.
- Florula Mortolensis. An enumeration of the plants growing wild at La Mortola. Ventimiglia, Billi, 1905. url .
- Flowering plants of the Riviera: a sescriptive account of 1800 of the more interesting species / by H. Stuart Thompson; with an introduction on Riviera vegetation by A. G. Tansley London; New York: Longmans, Green, 1914. url p. 177.
- Flowers and insects; lists of visitors of four hundred and fifty-three flowers, by Charles Robertson. Carlinville, Ill., n.p.1928. url p. 116.
- Flowers of field, hill, and swamp, by Caroline A. Creevey. Illustrated by Benjamin Lander. New York, Harper, 1897. url p. 563.
- Flowers of field, hill, and swamp; New York, Harper & Brothers, 1899. url .
- Forest culture and eucalyptus trees, San FranciscoCubery1876 url p. 330, p. 538.
- Foundations of botany / by Joseph Y. Bergen. Boston: Ginn, 1901. url p. 195, p. 195.
- Gaelic names of plants (Scottish and Irish) Collected and arranged in scientific order, with notes on their etymology, their uses, plant superstitions, etc., among the Celts, with copious Gaelic, Eng EdinburghBlackwood1883 url p. 54.
- Garden guide; the amateur gardeners' handbook. Profusely illustrated with over 275 teaching plans and diagrams and reproduced photographs, all made expressly for this standard text book. Edited by A. T. De La Mare. New York, A. T. De La Mare[c1920] url p. 221.
- Gardening for beginners; a handbook to the garden, by E.T. Cook. [London]"Country Life" [etc., 1914] url .
- Gardening for the South: or, How to grow vegetables and fruits / by the late William N. White; with additions by Mr. J. Van Buren, and Dr. Jas. Camak. New York: O. Judd, c1868. url p. 328.
- Gardening for the South; Richmond, Va., B. F. Johnson publishing company, 1901. url p. 450.
- Gleanings in bee culture. Medina, Ohio, A. I. Root Co. url p. 48, p. 626.
- Gray's School and field book of botany: consisting of "Lessons in botany" and "Field, forest, and garden botany" bound in one volume. New York: American Book Company, [between 1895 and 1900]. url p. 354.
- Gray's new manual of botany, a handbook of the flowering plants and ferns of the central and northeastern United States and adjacent Canada, rearranged and extensively revised by Benjamin Lincoln Robinson. .. and Merritt Lyndon Fernald. .. New York, Cincinnati [etc.]American Book Co.[c1908] url p. 696.
- Gray's school and field book of botany. Consisting of "Lessons in botany, " and "Field, forest, and garden botany, " bound in one volume. New York, American book company, 1901?, c1887 url p. 354.
- Great Basin naturalist memoirs. 1987 [Provo, Utah]Brigham Young University, 1976-1992. url p. 331, p. 81, p. 874.
- Guide to the Economic Museum of the New York Botanical Garden. New York, 1921. url p. 261.
- Hampstead Hill: its structure, materials and sculpturing / by J. Logan Lobley; with The flora of Hampstead, by Henry T. Wharton; The insect fauna of Hampstead, by F. A. Walker; and The birds of Hampstead, by J. Edmund Haring. London: Roper and Drowley, 1889. url p. 77.
- Hampstead Hill; its structure, materials, and sculpturing. With The flora of Hampstead by Henry T. Wharton; The insect fauna of Hampstead, by F.A. Walker; and The birds of Hampstead, by J. Edmund Harting. LondonRoper and Drowley1889 url p. 77.
- Hand-list of herbaceous plants cultivated in the Royal Botanic Gardens. London, Printed for H. M. Stationery Off. by Darling, 1902. url p. 723.
- Handbook of flower pollination based upon Hermann Mller's work 'The fertilisation of flowers by insects'; tr. by J.R. Ainsworth Davis. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1906. url p. 303.
- Handbook of flower pollination: based upon Hermann Mu?ller's work 'The fertilisation of flowers by insects' / Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1906-09. url .
- Handbook of plants. New York: P. Henderson, 1881. url p. 128.
- Handbook of the British flora: a description of the flowering plants and ferns indigenous to, or naturalized in, the British Isles. For the use of beginners and amateurs. By George Bentham. London: L. Reeve & Co., 1920. url p. 354.
- Handbook of the flora of Philadelphia and vicinity, containing data relating to the plants within the following radius: eastern Pennsylvania, north to the Blue mountains, and west to the Susquehanna; all of New Jersey except the northern counties; and Philadelphia, Philadelphia Botanical Club, 1905. url .
- Harper's guide to wild flowers, by Mrs. Caroline A. Creevey. New York, Harper, 1912. url p. 120, p. 510, p. 537.
- Henderson's Handbook of plants and general horticulture / By Peter Henderson. New York, P. Henderson & Co., 1910. url p. 193.
- Histology of medicinal plants, by William Mansfield. New York, J. Wiley & sons, inc.; [etc., etc.]1916. url p. 238.
- History of the vegetable drugs of the Pharmacopeia of the United States / Cincinnati, O.: J. U. & C. G. Lloyd, 1911. url p. 58.
- How to find and name wild flowers; being a new method of observing and identifying upwards of 1, 200 species of flowering plants in the British isles; with an introduction by F.E. hulme. .. illustrated by the author, and with four autochrome plates by H. Essenhigh Corke. .. London, Cassell[1906-1930] url p. 235.
- How to keep bees for profit, New York, The Macmillan company, 1918. url p. 314.
- Illustrations of the British flora: a series of wood engravings, with dissections, of British plants, drawn by W.H. Fitch and W.G. Smith. London: Reeve, 1908. url p. 193.
- Index of British plants according to the London catalogue... London: G. Bell, 1889. url p. 93.
- International catalogue of scientific literature. London: Published for the International Council by the Royal Society of London, 1902-1919. url p. 420.
- Introduction to botany, Boston, Ginn and company[c1914] url .
- Introduction to botany. Boston, Ginn url p. 210.
- Irish ethno-botany and the evolution of medicine in Ireland. Dublin, M. H. Gill, 1919. url , p. 93.
- Jenaische Zeitschrift fr Naturwissenschaft. Jena, Gustav Fischer [etc.]. url p. 187.
- Journal and proceedings of the Hamilton Association. [Hamilton, Ont.]: Printed for the Hamilton Association by the Spector Printing Co., -1899. url p. 113.
- Journal of Indian botany. Madras: Methodist Pub. House, 1919-1923. url p. 236.
- Journal of a tour in Marocco and the Great Atlas, London, Macmillan and co., 1878. url p. 144.
- Journal of ethnobiology. 7 1987 Flagstaff, Ariz.: Center for Western Studies, 1981- url p. 178, p. 40.
- Journal of the Elisha Mitchell Scientific Society. Chapel Hill, N.C. [etc.]Elisha Mitchell Scientific Society [etc.] url , p. 128, p. 170, p. 170, p. 72.
- Journal of the New York Botanical Garden. 16 1915 Lancaster, Pa.: Published for the Garden by the New Era Printing Co., 1900- url p. 163, p. 259, p. 400.
- Journal of the Royal Microscopical Society. Oxford [etc.]Royal Microscopical Society. url p. 297.
- Journal of the Washington Academy of Sciences. Washington [etc., Washington Academy of Sciences] url p. 243.
- Key and flora, northern and central states. Boston, Ginn,  url p. 210.
- Key and flora: northern and central states / Boston: Ginn, 1908. url .
- Key to the Rocky Mountain flora; Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, Saskatchewan, Alberta, and parts of Nebraska, South Dakota, North Dakota, and British Columbia. New York, 1919. url p. 202.
- Key to the system of Victorian plants. .. By Baron Ferd. von Mueller. .. Melbourne, R.S. Bain, government printer, 1885-88. url p. 535.
- Lake Maxinkuckee. A physical and biological survey by Barton Warren Evermann and Howard Walton Clark. [Indianapolis]Dept. of Conservation, State of Indiana [Wm. B. Burford, printer]1920. url p. 402.
- Lake Maxinkuckee. a physical and biological survey by Barton Warren Evermann and Howard Walton Clark. [Indianapolis, Wm. B. Burford, printer]1920. url p. 402.
- Lake Maxinkuckee: a physical and biological survey / by Barton Warren Evermann and Howard Walton Clark. Indianapolis: Dept. of Conservation, 1920. url p. 402, p. 486.
- Lake Superior. [With a narrative of the tour by J. Elliot Cabot. Huntington, N.Y.]R. E. Krieger Pub. Co., 1974 [c1850] url p. 189.
- Leaflets of western botany. San Fransisco:[J. T. Howell], 1932-1966. url , p. 71, p. 71.
- Lectures on the physiology of plants / by Sydney Howard Vines. . Cambridge, Cambridgeshire: The University Press, 1886 url p. 445.
- Life and letters of Alexander Goodman More, F.R.S.E., F.L.S., M.R.I.A., with selections from his zoological and botanical writings; ed. by C.B. Moffat, B.A., with a preface by Frances M. More. Dublin, Hodges, Figgis & co. (ltd.)1898. url p. 508, p. 528, p. 543.
- List of Pteridophyta and Spermatophyta growing without cultivation in northeastern North America. Prepared by a Committee of the Botanical Club, American Association for the Advancement of Science. New York, 1894. url p. 285.
- Lists of plant types for landscape planting; the materials of planting for ornament listed according to their various uses, by Stephen F. Hamblin. Cambridge, Harvard University Press, 1923. url , p. 132.
- Manual of the Flora of Jackson County, Missouri, By Kenneth K. MacKenzie, assisted by B. F. Bush and others. Kansas City, Mo., s.n., 1902 url p. 161.
- Manual of the flora of Jackson County, Missouri, by Kenneth K. Mackenzie, assisted by B. F. Bush and others. Kansas City, Mo., 1902. url .
- Manual of the flora of the northern states and Canada / by Nathaniel Lord Britton. New York: Holt, 1905. url p. 785.
- Manual of the southeastern flora: being descriptions of the seed plants growing naturally in Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, eastern Louisiana, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia. 1933 New York: The author, 1933. url p. 1153.
- Medicinal herb trial 1996 / New Haven: Connecticut Agricultural Experiment Station,  url p. 13, p. 5, p. 6.
- Medicinal plants. Being descriptions with original figures of the principal plants employed in medicine and an account of the characters, properties, and uses of their parts and products of medicinal value. By Robert Bentley and Henry Trimen. Plates by David Blair. In four volumes. London, J. & A. Churchill, 1880. url , , , .
- Memoirs and proceedings of the Manchester Literary & Philosophical Society. Manchester: The Society, 1888-1980. url p. 36.
- Memoirs of the Torrey Botanical Club. 4 1893 Durham, N.C.: Published for the Club by the Seeman Printery, 1889- url p. 147, p. 206, p. 274, p. 285.
- Michigan flora. Prepared for the thirtieth annual report of the Secretary of the State Board of Agriculture, by W. J. Beal and C. F. Wheeler. Lansing: R. Smith & co., printers, 1892 url .
- Michigan flora: a list of the fern and seed plants growing without cultivation / prepared by W.J. Beal. [Lansing, Mich.]: State Board of Agriculture: 1904. url , p. 115.
- Miscellaneous papers on the botany of Michigan, by C. K. Dodge. Prepared under the direction of Alexander G. Ruthven. Published as a part of the Annual report of the Board of Geological Survey for 1920. Lansing, Mich., Wynkoop Hallenbeck Crawford, State Printers, 1921. url p. 115, p. 211, p. 63.
- More letters of Charles Darwin. A record of his work in a series of hitherto unpublished letters, ed. by Francis Darwin. .. and A.C. Seward. .. London, J. Murray, 1903. url p. 451.
- More letters of Charles Darwin: a record of his work in a series of hitherto unpublished letters, ed. by Francis Darwin. .. and A.C. Seward. .. London, J. Murray, 1903. url p. 451.
- Muhlenbergia. Chico, Calif. [etc] url p. 126.
- Museum bulletin / Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1908-1916. url p. 12, p. 17.
- My garden, its plan and culture together with a general description of its geology, botany, and natural history, London, Bell and Daldy, 1872. url .
- Mysteries of bee-keeping explained. Containing the result of thirty-five years' experience, and directions for using the movable comb and box-hive, together with the most approved methods of propagating the Italian bee. New York, O. Judd, 1866. url , p. 346.
- Nature's healing arts: from folk medicine to modern drugs / by Lonnelle Aikman; photos. by Nathan Benn and Ira Block; paintings by Tony Chen; prepared by the Special Publications Division. Washington: National Geographic Society, c1977. url p. 196.
- Notes from the Royal Botanic Garden, Edinburgh. 2 1902 Edinburgh: H. M. Stationery Off. url p. 106, p. 154, p. 172, p. 181, p. 197, p. 260, p. 324, p. 473.
- Notes of a naturalist in South America, London, K. Paul, Trench & co., 1887. url .
- Notes on the life history of British flowering plants, London, Macmillan and Co., Ltd., 1905. url .
- Notes on useful plants of Mexico. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1899 url p. 230.
- Occasional papers - San Diego Society of Natural History. 1949 San Diego, The Society. url p. 122, p. 122.
- Odorographia: a natural history of raw materials and drugs used in the perfume industry: intended to serve growers, manufacturers and consumers / by J. Ch. Sawer. London: Gurney & Jackson, 1892-1894. url , p. 350.
- Official guide to the museums of economic botany. LondonPrinted for H.M. Stationery Off., by Darling1907 url p. 165.
- On the popular names of British plants, being an explanation of the origin and meaning of the names of our indigenous and most commonly cultivated species. By R. C. A. Prior. London: Williams and Norgate, 1870. url p. 118.
- Origin and history of all the pharmacopeial vegetable drugs, chemicals and preparations with bibliography... Prepared under the auspices of and pub. by the American drug manufacturers' association, Washington, D.C. Cincinnati: The Caxton press, [c1921] url p. 205, p. 442.
- Pamphlets on forestry in California. [1900?- url p. 120.
- Part I. The living flora of West Virginia, by C. F. Millspaugh. Part II. The fossil flora of West Virginia, by David White. Wheeling, Wheeling news litho. co., 1913 url p. 17.
- Perennial medicinal herb trials, 1996-1999 / New Haven: Connecticut Agricultural Experiment Station,  url p. 11.
- Pharmaceutical botany, Philadelphia, P. Blakiston's son & co.[c1914] url .
- Pharmaceutical botany, with glossary of botanical terms. Philadelphia, Blakiston url p. 170, p. 461.
- Phytologia. Bronx Park, New York, H.A. Gleason and H.N. Moldenke, url p. 27, p. 319, p. 371, p. 407, p. 458, p. 463, p. 492, p. 89.
- Plant life of Alabama, an account of the distribution, modes of association, and adaptations of the flora of Alabama, together with a systematic catalogue of the plants growing in the state. By Charles Mohr. .. Montgomery, Ala., Brown printing co., 1901. url p. 705.
- Plant life of Alabama. An account of the distribution, modes of association, and adaptations of the flora of Alabama, together with a systematic catalogue of the plants growing in the state. Prepared in cooperationwith the Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1901. url .
- Plant life of Alabama: an account of the distribution, modes of association, and adaptations of the flora of Alabama, together with a systematic catalogue of the plants growing in the state / by Charles Mohr. Montgomery, Ala.: Brown Printing Co., 1901. url p. 56, p. 705.
- Plant-geography upon a physiological basis. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1903. url p. 600.
- Plants of Iowa; a preliminary list of the native and introduced plants of the state, not under cultivation; comp. by Wesley Greene, secretary. Des Moines, Bishard brothers, printers, 1907. url p. 209, p. 209.
- Plants of the Punjab: a descriptive key to the flora of the Punjab, North-west Frontier Province, and Kashmir / by C.J. Bamber. Lahore: Supt. Govt. Printing, Punjab, 1916. url p. 211.
- Plants of the Punjab; a descriptive key to the flora of the Punjab, North-west Frontier Province and Kashmir. LahorePrinted by The Superintendent Government Printing1916 url p. 211.
- Point Lobos Reseerve; State Park, California. Interpretation of a primitive landscape. Sacramento, [State Print. Off., 1954] url p. 90.
- Pollen / by M. Pakenham Edgeworth. London: Hardwicke & Bogue, 1877. url p. 25, p. 25.
- Potter's cyclopaedia of botanical drugs and preparations / by R.C. Wren. London: Potter & Clarke,  url p. xxvi.
- Potter's cyclopedia of botanical drugs and preparations / by R. C. Wren. London: Potter & Clarke, [1900-1950?]. url p. xxvi.
- Practical botany, structural and systematic, the latter portion being an analytical key to the wild flowering plants, trees, shrubs, ordinary herbs, sedges and grasses of the northern and middle United States east of t New York, H. Holt and Company, 1876. url , .
- Proceedings and transactions of the British Entomological and Natural History Society. London, British Entomological and Natural History Society. url , , p. 39, p. 80.
- Proceedings of the Biological Society of Washington. Washington, Biological Society of Washington url p. 1010.
- Proceedings of the California Academy of Sciences. San Francisco: California Academy of Sciences, 1979- url p. 49.
- Proceedings of the Entomological Society of Washington. Washington, etc.: Entomological Society of Washington url p. 72.
- Proceedings of the Indiana Academy of Science. Indianapolis, Ind.[s.n.] url p. 137, p. 179, p. 179, p. 182, p. 182, p. 29, p. 29.
- Proceedings of the Linnean Society of New South Wales. Sydney, Linnean Society of New South Wales. url , , , p. 202, p. 716.
- Proceedings of the Natural History Society of Glasgow. Glasgow, Natural History Society of Glasgow. url p. 163.
- Proceedings of the South London Entomological & Natural History Society. London [Eng]: South London Entomological and Natural history Society, [1897-1933] url p. 81.
- Proceedings of the United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.] url p. 219, p. 248, p. 253, p. 254, p. 255, p. 462, p. 664, p. 673.
- Publication / Institute of Social Anthropology. Washington: U.S. Govt. Print. Off., 1944- url p. 147.
- Publication. Field Columbian Museum. Chicago.: Field Columbian Museum, 1895-1909. url p. 225, p. 74.
- Quinby's new bee-keeping. The mysteries of bee-keeping explained. Combining the results of fifty years' experience, with the latest discoveries and inventions, and presenting the most approved methods, forming a complete guide New York, Orange Judd company, 1919. url .
- Rapid ecological assessment of selected state lands in southcentral Montana for plant species of special concern / prepared by James P. Vanderhorst; prepared for Montana Department of Fish, Wildlife and Parks. Helena, MT: Montana Natural Heritage Program,  url p. 21.
- Report of the Botanist. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, Office of the Regents, 1871-1888 url p. 128, p. 128, p. 30.
- Report of the Geological Survey of Ohio. Columbus, Nevins & Myers, state printers, 1873-93. url .
- Report of the Michigan Academy of Science. Lansing, Mich.: The Academy, 1904-1916. url p. 187.
- Report of the State Botanist. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1898-1925. url , , p. 12, p. 17.
- Report of the geological exploration of the fortieth parallel / Washington, D.C.: G.P.O., 1870-80 url , p. 237.
- Report on the scientific results of the voyage of H.M.S. Challenger during the years 1873-76: under the command of Captain George S. Nares, R.N., F.R.S. and Captain Frank Turle Thomson, R.N. / prepared under the superintendence of Sir C. Wyville Thomson. Edinburgh: Neill, 1880-1895. url p. 58.
- Reports of the Princeton University Expeditions to Patagonia, 1896-1899. J. B. Hatcher in charge. Edited by William B. Scott. Princeton, The University, 1901-32 [v. 1, 1903] url p. 696, p. 696.
- Resources of the southern fields and forests, medical, economical, and agricultural; Charleston, Walker, Evans & Cogswell, printers, 1869. url p. 730.
- Rocky mountain flowers; an illustrated guide for plantlovers and plant-users; with twenty-five plates in color and twenty-one plates in black and white [by] Frederic Edward Clements...and Edith Schwartz Clements... 1914 New York city, the H.W. Wilson company, 1914. url p. 147.
- Root-knot and its control. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1911. url p. 17.
- Sandusky flora. A catalogue of the flowering plants and ferns growing without cultivation, in Erie County, Ohio, and the peninsula and islands of Ottawa County, Wooster, O., Press of Clapper Printing Co., 1899. url .
- Science studies, v.1, no. 1-3. Bozeman, Mont.1905. url p. 121, p. 135.
- Scientific and applied pharmacognosy, intended for the use of students in pharmacy, as a hand book for pharmacists, and as a reference book for food and drug analysts and pharmacologists. New York, Wiley, 1920. url p. 567.
- Scientific papers of Asa Gray / selected by Charles Sprague Sargent. Boston, Houghton, 1889. url p. 240.
- Scientific papers of Asa Gray, selected by Charles Sprague Sargent. Boston, Houghton, Mifflin, 1889. url p. 240.
- Seeds handbook for agriculture, horticulture and forestry, with a key for the identification of the important agricultural seeds = Handbuch der Samenkunde fr Landwirtschaft, Gartenbau und Forstwirtschaft, mit einem Schlussel zur Bestimmung der wichtigsten landwirtschaftlichen Samen / Walther Brouwen and Adolf Stahlin. [S.l.: s.n.], 1980. url p. 139, p. 140.
- Select extra-tropical plants readily eligible for industrial culture or naturalisation with indications of their native countries and some of their uses / by Baron Ferd. von Mueller. Melbourne: R. S. Brain, govt. printer, 1895. url p. 299, p. 612, p. 614, p. 645.
- Select extra-tropical plants, readily eligible for industrial culture or naturalisation, with indications of their native countries and some of their uses. By Baron Ferd. von Mueller. .. Sydney, T. Richards, government printer, 1881. url p. 382.
- Settler's guide and farmer's handbook. .. Issued by direction of the Bureau of agriculture. Ed. by L. Lindley-Cowen. .. pt. 1. Perth, E.S. Wigg, 1897- url p. 570.
- Southern wild flowers and trees, together with shrubs, vines and various forms of growth found through the mountains, the middle district and the low country of the South, by Alice Lounsberry, with plates, vignettes and diagrams by Mrs. E. Rowan, with an introduction by C. D. Beadle. New York, Stokes url p. 563.
- Special papers / Ohio Academy of Sciences. Columbus, Ohio: The Academy, 1899-1929. url p. 25.
- Standardized plant names; a catalogue of approved scientific and common names of plants in American commerce. Salem, Mass., 1923. url p. 202.
- Students' handbook to accompany Plants and their uses / by Frederick Leroy Sargent. New York: Henry Holt, 1914. url .
- Sturtevant's notes on edible plants / Edited by U.P. Hedrick. Albany: J.B. Lyon, 1919. url p. 355.
- Systematic lists illustrative of the Flora, Fauna, Palaeontology, and Archaeology of the North of Ireland / Belfast: Printed for the Club, 1870-1906. url p. 141.
- The American botanist: a monthly journal for the plant lover. Binghamton, N.Y.: Willard N. Clute & Co., 1901-1948. url p. 150.
- The American gardener's assistant in three parts containing complete practical directions for the cultivation of vegetables, flowers, fruit trees and grape vines / by Thomas Bridgeman Philadelphia: H. T. Coates, [c1866] url p. 141.
- The American midland naturalist. Notre Dame, Ind., University of Notre Dame. url .
- The Annals of Scottish natural history. Edinburgh: David Douglas, 1892-1911. url p. 111, p. 171, p. 177, p. 37, p. 99.
- The Bahama flora, by Nathaniel Lord Britton and Charles Frederick Millspaugh. New York, Published by the authors, 1920. url p. 380, p. 682, p. 682.
- The British nature book; a complete handbook and guide to British nature study, embracing the mammals, birds, reptiles, fish, insects, plants, etc., in the United Kingdom, by S.N. Sedgwick. .. Edinburgh, T.C. & E.C. Jack, Ltd., 1922. url p. 444.
- The Canadian field-naturalist. 62 1948 Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url p. 88, p. 88.
- The Canadian journal of science, literature and history. Toronto: Canadian Institute, 1868-1878. url p. 48.
- The Coleoptera of the British islands. A descriptive account of the families, genera, and species indigenous to Great Britain and Ireland, with notes as to localities, habitats, etc. London: L. Reeve & co., 1887-1913. url p. 254.
- The Entomologist's record and journal of variation. s.l., s.n. url p. 219, p. 238, p. 280, p. 296, p. 3.
- The Entomologist. London: Simpkin, Marshall & Co., [1877- url p. 191, p. 29.
- The Gaelic names of plants (Scottish, Irish, and Manx), collected and arranged in scientific order, with notes on their etymology, uses, plant superstitions, etc., among the Celts, with copious Gaeli Glasgow, J. Mackay, 1900. url .
- The Garden: an illustrated weekly journal of gardening in all its branches. London: [s.n., url , p. 190, p. 204, p. 377, p. 411, p. 538, p. 61, p. 611, p. 76, p. 80.
- The Gardener. Edinburgh;W. Blackwood and sons, 1867-1882. url p. 556.
- The Gardeners' chronicle: a weekly illustrated journal of horticulture and allied subjects. London: [Gardeners Chronicle], 1874-1955. url p. 120, p. 196, p. 222, p. 224, p. 335, p. 368, p. 380, p. 392, p. 40, p. 456, p. 541, p. 83.
- The Great Basin naturalist. 41 1981 Provo, Utah: M.L. Bean Life Science Museum, Brigham Young University, 1939-1999. url p. 113, p. 115, p. 164, fig. 5, page 169, p. 172, p. 296, p. 46, p. 635.
- The Irish naturalist. Dublin: Eason & Son, Ltd., 1892- url p. 195, p. 31.
- The Macrolepidoptera of the world; a systematic description of the hitherto known Macrolepidoptera, ed. in collaboration with well-known specialists. Stuttgart: Seitz'schen (Kernen), 1906- url p. 336.
- The Natural history of Juan Fernandez and Easter Island / edited by Carl Skottsberg. Uppsala: Almqvist & Wiksells Boktryckeri, 1920-1956. url , , p. 922, p. 948, p. 949.
- The Naturalist. 1894 [Doncaster: Yorkshire Naturalists' Union], 1874- url p. 105, p. 200, p. 330, p. 336, p. 60, p. 83.
- The New Forest: its history and its scenery / by John R. Wise; with 63 illustrations by Walter Crane; engraved by W.J. Linton. London: Gibbings, 1895. url p. 303.
- The North American Pyrenomycetes. A contribution to mycologic botany, Newfield, N. J., Ellis & Everhart, 1892 [c1890] url .
- The Ohio journal of science. Columbus, Ohio, The Ohio State University and the Ohio Academy of Science url p. 81.
- The Ottawa naturalist. Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url p. 156, p. 156.
- The Plant world. Baltimore [etc.]Plant World Association [etc.] url p. 138, p. 184.
- The Proceedings of the Iowa Academy of Science. Des moines, Iowa: The Academy, [1889-1987] url p. 331, p. 491, p. 493, p. 79.
- The Scottish naturalist. Perth [etc.]: Cowan & Co. [etc.], url p. 108, p. 72.
- The Tasmanian flora. Hobart, Tasmania, J. Vail, Govt. Printer, 1903. url .
- The Tennessee flora; with special reference to the flora of Nashville. Phaenogams and vascular cryptogams, by August Gattinger. Nashville, Tenn.The author, 1887. url p. 73.
- The University of Kansas science bulletin. 37 1956 [Lawrence]: University of Kansas, 1902-1996. url p. 1128, p. 453, p. 455, p. 481, p. 572.
- The University of Missouri studies. Columbia, Mo.: The University, 1905- url p. 200.
- The Victoria history of the county of Warwick. London: Published for the University of London Institute of Historical Research by Dawsons of Pall Mall, 1965- url p. 48.
- The bacteriology of diphtheria, including sections on the history, epidemiology and pathology of the disease, the mortality caused by it, the toxins and antitoxins and the serum disease, by F. Loeffler, Arthur Newsholme, F. B. Mallory, G. S. Graham-Smith, George Dean, William H. Park, Charles F. Bolduan. Ed. by G. H. F. Nuttall and G. S. Graham-Smith Cambridge [Eng.]University Press, 1913 url p. 214, p. 289.
- The bee-keeper's guide, or Manual of the apiary. Chicago, G. W. York1899 [c1883] url .
- The bee-keeper's guide: or Manual of the apiary / Chicago. Ill.: George W. York & Co., 1910, 1883. url .
- The bee-keeper's guide: or, Manual of the apiary / by A.J. Cook. Chicago: York, 1902. url p. 422.
- The bee-keeper's guide; or Manual of the apiary. Lansing, Mich., 1891. url .
- The bee-keeper's guide; or, Manual of the apiary, Chicago, Ill., George W. York & company, 1904. url .
- The bee-keepers' guide; or Manual of the apiary. Chicago, T. G. Newman, 1882. url .
- The book of hardy flowers; a simple and complete descriptive guide to the cultivation in gardens of the trees and shrubs, perennial and annual flowers, that are hardy, or are suitable for planting out-of-doors in summer in temp Ed. by H. H. Thomas. .. Beautifully illustrated with thirty-two direct color photographs by H. Essenhigh Corke and sixty-four half-tone plates. 1915 New York, Funk & Wagnalls company; [etc., etc.] url p. 278.
- The book of herbs / London; J. Lane, 1903. url .
- The book of herbs / by Lady Rosalind Northcote. London; John Lane: The Bodley Head, MCMIII . url p. 61.
- The book of vegetables and garden herbs; a practical handbook and planting table for the vegetable gardener, by Allen French. London: The Macmillan company, 1907. url p. 309.
- The coleoptera of the British Islands, a descriptive account of the families, genera, and species indigenous to Great Britain and Ireland, with notes as to localities, habitats, etc. London, Reeve, 1887-91. url p. 254, p. 348, p. 70, p. 73.
- The commonly occuring wild plants of Canada a flora for the use of beginners / by H.B. Spotton. Toronto: W.J. Gage, [1887?] url .
- The commonly occurring wild plants of Canada. A flora for the use of beginners. Toronto, W. J. Gage & Co.,  url .
- The cotton question. New York, Metropolitan record office, 1866. url p. 42.
- The culture of vegetables and flowers from seeds and roots, by Sutton and sons. London, Simpkin, Marshall, Hamilton, Kent & Co. ltd., 1908. url p. 440, p. 63.
- The drug plants of Illinois / Leo R. Tehon; drawings by Kay H. Wadsworth. Urbana, Ill.: Natural History Survey Division, 1951. url p. 129, p. 77.
- The elements of botany embracing organography, histology, vegetable physiology, systematic botany and economic botany. .. together with a complete glossary of botanical terms Philadelphia, J. E. Potter and Company[c1883] url .
- The flora of Banffshire. Aberdeen: Printed for the University1912 url p. 11.
- The flora of Berkshire; being a topographical and historical account of the flowering plants and ferns found in the county, with short biographical notices of the botanists who have contributed to Berkshire botany during the Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1897. url p. 404, p. 66.
- The flora of Dumfriesshire, including part of the Stewartry of Kirkcudbright, by G.F. Scott-Elliot. Assisted by J. M'Andrew [and others] DumfriesJ. Maxwell, 1896. url p. 138.
- The flora of Dumfriesshire: including part of the stewartry of Kirkcudbright / by G.F. Scott-Elliot; assisted by J. M'Andrew. .. [et al.] Dumfries: J. Maxwell, 1896. url p. 138.
- The flora of Essex County, Massachusetts. Salem, Essex Institute, 1880. url .
- The flora of Franklin County [Indiana]. Richmond, 1885-1886 url p. 32.
- The flora of Long Island. Lancaster, Pa.New Era Print., 1899. url .
- The flora of North Carolina from Ranunculaceae to Salviniaceae / C.W. Hyams. Raleigh, N.C.: The North Carolina College of Agriculture and Mechanic Arts, Agricultural Experiment Station, 1899. url p. 333.
- The flora of Scott and Muscatine counties. By W.D. Barnes, Fred Reppert [and] A.A. Miller. Davenport, Iowa, 1901 url p. 248.
- The flora of Suffolk a topographical enumeration of the plants of the county, showing the results of former observations and of the most recent researches / by W.M. Hind; assisted by Churchill Babington; with an introductory chapter of the geology, climate and meteorology of Suffolk by Wheelton Hind. London: Gurney and Jackson, 1889. url p. 477.
- The flora of Tennessee and a philosophy of botany: respectfully dedicated to the citizens of Tennessee / by Augustin Gattinger. Nashville: Press of Gospel Advocate Pub. Co., 1901. url p. 144.
- The flora of the Alps being a description of all the species of flowering plants indigenous to Switzerland; and of the Alpine species of the adjacent mountain districts of France, Italy, & Austria including the Pyrenees / by Alfred W. Bennett. London: J.C. Nimmo, 1896. url p. 105.
- The flora of the Alps; being a description of all the species of flowering plants indigenous to Switzerland; and of the Alpine species of the adjacent mountain districts of France, Italy, & Austria including the Pyrenees, London, J. C. Nimmo, 1896-1900. url .
- The flora of the Palouse region. Containing descriptions of all the Spermatophytes and Pteridophytes known to grow wild in the area within 35 kilometers of Pullman, Washington. By Charles V. Piper and R. Kent Beattie. Pullman, Washington Agricultural College and School of Science, 1901. url p. 151.
- The flora of the town of Southold, Long Island, and Gardiner's Island / New York: Torrey Botanical Club, 1914? url p. 249.
- The flowering plants, grasses, sedges, & ferns of Great Britain and their allies, the club mosses, horsetails, etc. London, F. Warne, 1905. url .
- The geological and natural history survey of Minnesota: the twelfth annual report for the year 1883 / N.H. Winchell. Minneapolis: Johnson, Smith & Harrison, 1884. url p. 106.
- The geology of New Hampshire A report comprising the results of explorations ordered by the legislature. C. H. Hitchcock, state geologist Concord, E. A. Jenks, state printer, 1874-1878 url p. 404, p. 404.
- The geology of New Hampshire: a report comprising the results of explorations ordered by the legislature / C. H. Hitchcock, state geologist. Concord: E. A. Jenks, state printer, 1874-1878. url p. 404.
- The herb-garden. With sixteen illustrations in colour drawn from nature by Florence Amherst and Isabelle Forrest. London, A. & C. Black, ltd., 1911. url .
- The home garden book of herbs and spices / by Milo Miloradovich. Garden City, N.Y.: Doubleday & Co., c1952. url p. 221, p. 89.
- The horticulturist: or, the culture and management of the kitchen, fruit, & forcing garden / by J.C. Loudon; edited and revised by William Robinson. London: F. Warne,  url p. 684.
- The illustrated dictionary of gardening, a practical and scientific encyclopedia of horticulture for gardeners and botanists. Ed. by George Nicholson. Assisted by Professor J. W. H. Trail and J. Garrett. London: L. U. Gill, -89. url p. 151, p. 329.
- The lepidopterist's calendar. Gloucester, H. Marsden, 1875. url p. 119.
- The master of game: the oldest English book on hunting / by Edward, Second Duke of York; edited by Wm. A. and F. Baillie-Grohman; with a foreword by Theodore Roosevelt. London: Chatto & Windus, 1909. url p. 101.
- The natural history and antiquities of Selborne, in the county of Southampton / by the Rev. Gilbert White London: Swan Sonnenschein, 1888 url .
- The natural history of plants, their forms, growth, reproduction, and distribution; Dublin, Blackie & son, limited, 1902. url , .
- The natural history of plants; their forms, growth, reproduction, and distribution. From the German of Anton Kerner von Marilaun, by F.W. Oliver, with the assistance of Marian Busk and Mary F. Ewart. with about 2000 original woodcut illustrations and sixteen plates in colours. London, Blackie, 1896-1897. url p. 585.
- The naturalisation of animals & plants in New Zealand, Cambridge [Eng.]University Press, 1922. url , .
- The naturalised flora of South Australia / by J.M. Black. Adelaide: J.M. Black, 1909. url p. 123.
- The nursery-book: a complete guide to the multiplication of plants / by L. H. Bailey. New York: Macmillan co., 1913, [c1896] url p. 358.
- The nursery-book; a complete guide to the multiplication of plants. .. New York, The Macmillan Co., 1914. url .
- The organic constituents of higher plants: their chemistry and interrelationships. With contributions by Ernest Sondheimer. Minneapolis, Burgess Pub. Co. url p. 134.
- The organic constituents of plants and vegetable substances and their chemical analysis / by G.C. Wittstein; authorized translation from the German original, enlarged with numerous additions by Baron Ferd. von Mueller. Melbourne: MCarron, Bird & Co., 1878. url p. 269.
- The origin and history of our garden vegetables, to which is added their dietetic values. London, Pub. for the Author by the Royal Horticultural Society, 1912. url p. 65, p. 70.
- The phanerogams of the Juan Fernandez Islands. url , .
- The plant life of Maryland, by Forrest Shreve [et al.] Baltimore, Johns Hopkins Press, 1910. url p. 475, p. 521.
- The standard cyclopedia of horticulture; a discussion, for the amateur, and the professional and commercial grower, of the kinds, characteristics and methods of cultivation of the species of plants grown in the regions of the United States a Illustrated with colored plates, four thousand engravings in the text, and ninety-six full-page cuts. New York, Macmillan, 1919 [c1914] url , p. 3596, p. 3628, p. 70, p. 911.
- The transactions of the Yorkshire Naturalists' Union. Leeds [etc.] url , p. 155, p. 157, p. 157, p. 192, p. 353.
- The uses of plants: a manual of economic botany with special reference to vegetable products introduced during the last fifty years / by G. S. Boulger. London: Roper & Drowley, 1889. url p. 111, p. 204.
- The vegetable garden; illustrations, descriptions, and culture of the garden vegetables of cold and temperate climates, by MM. Vilmorin-Andrieux, of Paris. English ed. pub. under the direction of W. Robinson. With an addendum by W. P. Thomson. New York, E.P. Dutton and company, 1920. url p. 342, p. 794.
- The vegetation of Shackleford Bank / by I.F. Lewis. Raleigh: Edwards & Broughton, 1917. url .
- The weed flora of Iowa / [by L. H. Pammel; with the collaboration of Charlotte M. King. .. et al.] Des Moines: Iowa Geological Survey, 1913. url p. 470, p. 720, p. 725, p. 728, p. 729, p. 893.
- The weed flora of Iowa Des Moines, Iowa geological survey, 1913. url , , , .
- The weed flora of Iowa. .. Des Moines, Iowa Geological Survey, 1913. url p. 470, p. 720, p. 893.
- The weeds of New South Wales, pt. I- Sydney, W.A. Gullick, Gov't. printer, 1920- url p. 137.
- The weekly florists' review. Chicago: Florists' Pub. Co., 1897-1912. url p. 639.
- Topographical botany: being local and personal records towards shewing the distribution of British plants traced through the 112 counties and vice-counties of England, Wales, and Scotland. London, B. Quaritch, 1883. url .
- Torreya. Burlington, Vt., Torrey Botanical Club, 1901-1945. url p. 134, p. 138, p. 151, p. 156, p. 170, p. 230, p. 249, p. 294, p. 307, p. 83, p. 90.
- Transactions and proceedings and report of the Royal Society of South Australia (Incorporated). Adelaide: W.C. Rigby, 1904-1911. url p. 254.
- Transactions and proceedings of the Botanical Society of Edinburgh. [Edinburgh]: The Society, 1891-1970. url , , p. 14, p. 299, p. 299.
- Transactions of the Edinburgh Field Naturalists' and Microscopical Society. [Edinburgh]: The Club, 1891- url p. 139.
- Transactions of the Illinois State Academy of Science. Springfield, Ill., Illinois State Academy of Science [etc.] url p. 173, p. 181.
- Transactions of the Kansas Academy of Science. Topeka, Kan.: W.Y. Morgan, 1903- url p. 201.
- Transactions of the Kentucky Academy of Science. [Lexington, Ky.]Kentucky Academy of Science, 1923-1997. url p. 13.
- Transactions of the Linnean Society of London, 2nd series: Botany 5 1896 London. url p. 196, p. 197.
- Transactions of the New York Academy of Sciences. New York: New York Academy of Sciences. url p. 219.
- Tutira: the story of a New Zealand sheep station / by H. Guthrie-Smith. Edinburgh: Blackwood, 1921. url p. 249, p. 268, p. 270.
- University of Kansas publications, Museum of Natural History. 10 1958 Lawrence, University of Kansas. url p. 345, p. 384, p. 385, p. 432, p. 433, p. 434, p. 436, p. 472, p. 495.
- University studies of the University of Nebraska. Lincoln. url p. 110.
- Useful wild plants of the United States and Canada, by Charles Francis Saunders. Illustrated with photographs by the author and with drawings by Lucy Hamilton Aring. New York, R. M. McBride & company, 1934. url p. 261, p. 265.
- Vascular plants of the Sangamon River basin; annotated checklist and ecological summary [by] Almut G. Jones and David T. Bell. [Urbana], University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, College of Agriculture,  url p. 10.
- Watson, S. Botany /by Sereno Watson, aided by Daniel C. Eaton, and others. 5 1871 Washington, D.C.: G.P.O., 1871. url p. 237, p. 515, p. XLI.
- Weeds of the farm and garden, by L.H. Pammel. .. New York, Orange Judd, 1912. url , , p. 59.
- Western flower guide, wild flowers of the Rockies and west to the Pacific, Garden City, Doubleday, Page & company, 1917. url p. 279.
- Zoe:a biological journal. 4 1893 San Diego, Calif. [etc.]Zoe Publishing Co. url p. 216, p. 233, p. 29, p. 33, p. 369, p. 405.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 12, 2012.
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal November 19, 2007:
- Bernice Pauahi Bishop Museum, Bishop Museum Natural History Specimen Data
- Biologiezentrum der Oberoesterreichischen Landesmuseen, Biologiezentrum Linz
- Conservatoire botanique national du Bassin parisien, Conservatoire botanique national du Bassin parisien
- International Plant Genetic Resources Institute(IPGRI), EURISCO
- Missouri Botanical Garden, Missouri Botanical Garden
- Natural History Museum, University of Oslo, Vascular Plant Herbarium, Oslo
- Oregon State University, Vascular Plant Collection
- School of Life Sciences, Arizona State University, Arizona State University Vascular Plant Herbarium
- The Danish Biodiversity Information Facility, Botany registration database by Danish botanists
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Herbarium of Oskarshamn
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Lund Botanical Museum
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Plants
- Tiroler Landesmuseum Ferdinandeum, Tiroler Landesmuseum Ferdinandeum
- USDA PLANTS, USDA PLANTS Database
- University of Alabama Biodiversity and Systematics, Herbarium
- Utah Valley State College
- , Utah Valley State College Herbarium
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 3874989
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: ITS-32561
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 4490920
- Globally Unique Identifier: urn:lsid:ipni.org:names:449990-1
- GRIN Nomen Number: 23450
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 32561
- Natural Heritage Network Species Identifier: PDLAM0Z010
- U.S.D.A. Plant Symbol: MAVU
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 49036
- "Marrubium vulgare". in Flora of China Vol. 17 Page 104. Missouri Botanical Garden Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]
- Mean = 359.690 meters (1,180.085 feet), Standard Deviation = 655.540 based on 3,410 observations. Altitude information for each observation from British Oceanographic Data Centre. [back]