Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in English:
Black Bindweed, Black-Bindweed, Climbing Buckwheat, Climbing Knotweed, Cornbind, Dullseed Cornbind, False Buckwheat, Pink Smartweed, Wild Buckwheat
Common Names in Romanian:
, or small trees
, sometimes monoecious or dioecious. Stems erect
, or scandent
, often with swollen nodes, striate
, or prickly. Leaves simple
, alternate, rarely opposite or whorled
; stipules often united
to a sheath
(ocrea) . Inflorescence terminal
, racemose, paniculate
, or capitate. Pedicel occasionally articulate
. Flowers small, actinomorphic
, rarely unisexual
. Perianth 3-6-merous, in 1 or 2 series, herbaceous, often enlarged in fruit or inner tepals enlarged, with wings
, or spines. Stamens usually (3-) 6-9, rarely more; filaments
or united at base
2-loculed, opening lengthwise; disk annular
) . Ovary superior, 1-loculed; styles 2 or 3, rarely 4, free or connate
at lower part. Fruit a trigonous
, or biconcave
achene; seed with straight or curved
embryo and copious
About 50 genera and 1120 species: worldwide, but primarily N temperate with a few species in tropical regions ; 13 genera (two endemic) and 238 species (65 endemic) in China.
, or subshrubs
in P. striatulum), homophyllous
, sometimes heterocarpic; roots
or woody. Stems prostrate
or sometimes papillous-scabridulous. Leaves cauline, alternate (opposite in P. humifusum), petiolate
or sessile; ocrea with distal part persistent
, often hyaline
, white or silvery, 2-lobed, chartaceous
, glabrous, disintegrating into fibers, or disintegrating completely; petiole
articulated with ocrea or not; blade
, lanceolate, elliptic
, or subround, margins
entire. Inflorescences axillary
or axillary and terminal
, spikelike, or flowers solitary; peduncle absent. Pedicels present or absent. Flowers bisexual
, 1-7(-10) per ocreate
fascicle, base not stipelike; perianth nonaccrescent, white or greenish white to pink, campanulate
, glabrous; tepals 5, connate
3-70% of their length
or, rarely, dimorphic
, the inner usually flat, the outer flat or sometimes keeled
distally, sometimes of different length than the inner; stamens 3-8 (some may be reduced to staminodes) ; filaments
to perianth tube, glabrous; anthers
whitish yellow, pink to purple or orange-pink, elliptic to oblong
; styles (2-) 3, mostly spreading
, distinct or connate proximally; stigmas 2-3, capitate. Achenes included
or exserted, yellow-green, brown, or black, unwinged, (2-) 3-gonous, glabrous. Seeds: embryo curved
. x = 10.
Species ca. 65: nearly worldwide.
Two sections of Polygonum are recognized here. Section Polygonum is nearly cosmopolitan and best represented in north-temperate regions; sect. Duravia comprises species restricted to North America. K . Haraldson (1978) recognized both sections based on differences in stem morphology, petiole structure, and pollen morphology. J. C. Hickman (1984) described sect. Monticola and included in it species of sect. Duravia occurring mostly in montane habitats , with leaves articulated to the ocreae, one-veined, and not mucronate , proximal leaves lanceolate to round , and styles connate at their bases and neither hardened nor persistent. L.-P. Ronse Decraene and J. R. Akeroyd (1988) and L.-P. Ronse Decraene et al. (2000) included sect. Duravia in sect. Polygonum based on floral and fruit characters.
Similarities in floral structure, fruit anatomy, and pollen morphology have been noted between Polygonella with Polygonum (L.-P. Ronse Decraene et al. 2000). Based on evidence from comparative morphological studies, Ronse Decraene et al. (2004) included Polygonella in sect. Duravia of Polygonum.
Four introduced taxa of sect. Polygonum that were collected in the flora area at the end of the nineteenth century and beginning of the twentieth century appear not to have persisted here and are not included in the keys . Polygonum arenarium Waldstein & Kitaibel and P. bellardii Allioni were reported by B . L. Robinson (1902) from Rhode Island and Massachusetts, respectively. The former resembles P. patulum but has open flowers. Polygonum bellardii is discussed below under P. ramosissimum. Polygonum polycnemoides Jaubert & Spach and P. humifusum C. Merck ex K. Koch subsp. humifusum were reported by J. F. Brenckle (1941). The former was collected in New York City in 1894 and in Idaho in 1940. It differs from all other Polygonum species in having a tube 55-70% of the perianth length. Polygonum humifusum subsp. humifusum is discussed below under P. humifusum subsp. caurianum.
Habit: Vine , Forb/herb
Flowers: Flower Color: near white, pale green, white
Size: 24-36" tall.
Typically found at an altitude of 0 to 3,180 meters (0 to 10,433 feet).
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- Haeckel, 1866
- Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Vascular Plants
- Kenrick & Crane, 1997
- Brongniart, 1843
- Takhtajan, 1967
- Takhtajan Ex Reveal, 1992
- Perleb, 1826
- A.L. de Jussieu, 1789, nom. cons.
- knotweed, renouées
- Subfamily: Polygonoideae ()
- Family: Polygonaceae () - A.L. de Jussieu, 1789, nom. cons. - knotweed, renouées
- Order: Caryophyllales () - Perleb, 1826
- Superorder: Polygonanae () - Takhtajan Ex Reveal, 1992
- Subclass: Caryophyllidae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Class: Spermatopsida () - Brongniart, 1843
- Infraphylum: Radiatopses () - Kenrick & Crane, 1997
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina ()
- Phylum: Tracheophyta () - Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae () - Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
Bilderdykia Convolvulus • Bilderdykia convolvulus (L.) Dumort. • Fagopyrum Convolvulus • Fagopyrum convolvulus (L.) H. Gross • Fallopia convolvulus (L.) Holub • Fallopia convolvulus< /i> (L.) Á. Löve • Helxine convolvulus (L.) Raf. • Reynoutria convolvulus (L.) Shinners
Status: Accepted Name
Last scrutiny: 15-Mar-2000
Members of the genus Polygonum
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 134 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus. Here are just 100 of them:
P. achoreum (Leathery Knotweed) · P. acuminatum (Tapertip Smartweed) · P. affine (Himalayan Fleece Flower) · P. alpinum (Alaska Wild Rhubarb) · P. amphibium (Longroot Smartweed) · P. amphibium var. emersum (Longroot Smartweed) · P. amphibium var. stipulaceum (Swamp Smartweed) · P. arenarium (European Knotweed) · P. arenastrum (Common Knotweed) · P. argyrocoleon (Persian Knotweed) · P. arifolium (Halberdleaf Tearthumb) · P. aubertii (Chinese Fleecevine) · P. aubertii 'Lemon Lace' (Silverlace Vine) · P. aviculare (Birdgrass) · P. aviculare angustissimum (Prostrate Knotweed) · P. aviculare aviculare (Prostrate Knotweed) · P. aviculare neglectum (Prostrate Knotweed) · P. baldschuanicum (Bukhara Fleeceflower) · P. bellardii (Narrowleaf Knotweed) · P. bidwelliae (Bidwell's Knotweed) · P. bistorta (Meadow Bistort) · P. bistorta carneum (Meadow Bistort) · P. bistorta var. bistorta (Meadow Bistort) · P. bistorta var. plumosum (Meadow Bistort) · P. bistorta 'Superbum' (European Bistort) · P. bistortoides (American Bistort) · P. bohemicum (Bohemian Knotweed) · P. bolanderi (Bolander's Knotweed) · P. boreale (Northern Knotweed) · P. bungeanum (Bunge's Smartweed) · P. buxiforme (Box Knotweed) · P. caespitosum (Bristled Knotweed) · P. caespitosum var. caespitosum (Oriental Ladysthumb) · P. caespitosum var. longisetum (Oriental Ladysthumb) · P. californicum (California Knotweed) · P. campanulatum (Bellflower Smartweed) · P. capathifolium (Grey Moray) · P. capitatum (Pink Knotweed) · P. careyi (Carey's Smartweed) · P. cascadense (Cascade Knotweed) · P. caurianum (Alaska Knotweed) · P. chinense (Chinese Knotweed) · P. cilinode (Fringed Black Bindweed) · P. convolvulus (Black Bindweed) · P. convolvulus var. convolvulus (Knot Grass) · P. convolvulus var. subulatum (Wild Buckwheat) · P. cuspidatum 'Crimson Beauty' (False Bamboo) · P. cuspidatum 'Devon Cream' (False Bamboo) · P. cuspidatum 'Freckles' (Speckled Mexican Bamboo) · P. cuspidatum 'Variegata' (Speckled Mexican Bamboo) · P. davisiae (Davis' Knotweed) · P. densiflorum (Denseflower Knotweed) · P. douglasii (Douglas Knotweed) · P. douglasii nuttalii (Douglas´s Knotweed) · P. douglasii var. douglasii (Douglas´s Knotweed) · P. douglasii subsp. austiniae (Austin's Knotweed) · P. douglasii subsp. engelmannii (Engelmann's Knotweed) · P. douglasii subsp. johnstonii (Johnston's Knotweed) · P. douglasii subsp. majus (Large Knotweed) · P. douglasii subsp. nuttallii (Nuttall's Knotweed) · P. douglasii subsp. spergulariiforme (Scatter Knotweed) · P. emersum (Longroot Smartweed) · P. equisetiforme (Horsetail Knotgrass) · P. erectum (Devil's Shoestring) · P. fowleri (Fowler's Knotweed) · P. franktonii (Nova Scotia Knotweed) · P. glaucum (Seaside Knotweed) · P. herniarioides (Knotweed) · P. heterosepalum (Oddsepal Knotweed) · P. hickmanii (Hickman's Knotweed) · P. hirsutum (Hairy Smartweed) · P. hydropiper (Annual Smartweed) · P. hydropiperoides (Mild Water-Pepper) · P. islandicum (Island Purslane) · P. lacerum (Fringed Knotweed) · P. lapathifolium (Curltop Ladysthumb) · P. lapathifolium var. lapathifolium (Curltop Ladysthumb) · P. leptocarpum (Narrow-Point Knotweed) · P. marinense (Marin Knotweed) · P. meisnerianum (Branched Tearthumb) · P. meisnerianum var. beyrichianum (Branched Tearthumb) · P. minimum (Broadleaf Knotweed) · P. mite (Tasteless Water Pepper) · P. multiflorum (Fo-Ti) · P. nepalense (Nepalese Smartweed) · P. odoratum (Vietnamese Coriander) · P. orientale (Kiss Me Over the Garden Gate) · P. orientale 'Shiro-Gane Nishiki' (Variegated Kiss Me Over The Garden Gate) · P. oxyspermum (Sharpfruit Knotweed) · P. oxyspermum raii (Sharpfruit Knotweed) · P. paronychia (Beach Knotweed) · P. paronychioides (Knotweed) · P. parryi (Parry's Knotweed) · P. patulum (Bellard's Smartweed) · P. pensylvanicum (Pennsylvania Knotweed) · P. perfoliatum (Asiatic Tear Thumb) · P. persicaria (Lady's Thumb) · P. persicaria persicaria (Lady's-Thumb) · P. phytolaccifolium (Mountain Lice) · P. polycnemoides (Manyleg Knotweed)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- ... A monograph of the North American species of the genus Polygonum. By John Kunkel Small. (Lancaster, Pa., The New era print)1895. url p. 271.
- ... Flora of Glacier National Park, Montana, by Paul C. Standley. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1921. url p. 327, p. 328.
- A biological survey of the sand dune region on the south shore of Saginaw Bay, Michigan. Prepared under the direction of Alexander G. Ruthven. Lansing, Mich.: Wynkoop, Hallenbeck, Crawford co., state printers, 1911. url p. 91.
- A complete guide to the English lakes: with frontispiece, travelling maps, and an account of the flowering plants, ferns, and mosses of the district, and a complete directory. London: John Garnett; [1858?] url p. 200.
- A contribution to the knowledge of the flora of southeastern Minnesota. [Boston, Heliotype Print. Co.]1900. url p. 385.
- A flora of California, by Willis Linn Jepson. San Francisco, Calif., Cunningham, Curtis & Welch, 1909- url p. 384, p. 384.
- A history of the birds of Europe: including all the species inhabiting the western palaearctic region / London: Published by the Author, 1871-1881. url p. 27, p. 43, p. 89.
- A monograph of the British Uredineae and Ustilagineae, with an account of their biology including the methods of observing the germination of their spores and of their experimental culture. London, Paul, Trench & Co., 1889. url .
- A monograph of the British Uredineæ and Ustilagineæ, with an account of their biology including the methods of observing the germination of their spores and of their experimental culture. By Charles B. Plowright. London, K. Paul, Trench, 1889. url p. 188, p. 334.
- A narrative history of the town of Cohasset, Massachusetts. [Cohasset]Committee on Town History, 1898-1956. url p. 548.
- A new London flora; or, Handbook to the botanical localities of the metropolitan districts. Compiled from the latest authorities, and from personal observations. London, Hardwick and Bogue, 1877. url p. 52.
- A preliminary list of Maine fungi, by Percy LeRoy Ricker. .. Orono, Me., 1902. url p. 50, p. 84.
- A preliminary report on the biology of Harding County, northwestern South Dakota / by Stephen S. Visher. Pierre, S.D.: State Publishing Co., 1914. url p. 42.
- A provisional list of the parasitic fungi of Wisconsin. Madison, 1914 url p. 958.
- A school flora: for the use of elementary botanical classes / by W. Marshall Watts. New York: Longmans, Green, 1910. url p. 125.
- A study of the sharp-tailed grouse / [Toronto], 1935. url p. 22.
- A supplement to the Pharmacopia, and treatise on pharmacology in general: including not only the drugs and preparations used by practitioners of medicine, but also most of those employed in the chemical arts: together with a collection of the most useful medical formulæ. . by Samuel Frederic Gray. London: Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, Green, and Longman, 1836. url p. 42.
- A survey and record of Woolwich and West Kent containing descriptions and records, brought up-to-date, of geology, botany, zoology, archaeology and industries of the district, with a brief photographic commentary, in commemoration of the 12th Ann General editors, C.H. Grinling, T.A. Ingram [and] B.C. Polkinghorne. Woolwich: Labour Representation Print. Co., 1909. url p. 39.
- A vegetation index of biotic integrity for small-order streams in southwest Montana and a floristic quality assessment for western Montana wetlands / [Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program, c2005]. url .
- Acta Societatis pro Fauna et Flora Fennica. Helsinki: Societas, 1875-1980. url p. 130, p. 142, p. 164, p. 170, p. 221, p. 223, p. 224, p. 258, p. 268, p. 27, p. 276, p. 31, p. 365, p. 39, p. 397, p. 405, p. 43, p. 64, p. 65, p. 76, p. 79, p. 88, p. 98, tbl II.
- Agriculture, ancient and modern: a historical account of its principles and practice, exemplified in their rise, progress, and development. By Samuel Copland, the "Old Norfolk farmer" of the Mark Lane Express. . London, Virtue and company, 1866. url p. 595, p. 598.
- American honey plants; together with those which are of special value to the beekeeper as sources of pollen. Hamilton, Ill., American Bee Journal, 1920. url p. 34.
- An ecological study of prairie and forest invertebrates / by Charles C. Adams. Urbana, Ill.: Illinois State Laboratory of Natural History, 1915. url p. 227.
- An enumeration of Philippine flowering plants, Manila, Bureau of Printing, 1922-26. url p. 122.
- An illustrated guide to the flowering plants of the middle Atlantic and New England states (excepting the grasses and sedges) the descriptive text written in familiar language, by George T. Stevens. .. with more than 1800 illustrations from drawings by the author. New York, Dodd, Mead and company, 1910. url p. 209.
- An introduction to the structure and reproduction of plants, London, G. Bell and sons ltd., 1920. url , .
- Anales de la Sociedad Española de Historia Natural. Madrid: La Sociedad, url p. 17, p. 17.
- Annales du Jardin botanique de Buitenzorg. 1910-1918 Leiden [etc.]: E. J. Brill [etc.] url p. 497.
- Annual report / Entomological Society of Ontario. Toronto, The Society. url p. 26.
- Annual report / New York State Museum. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, c1904-1920. url p. 8, p. 90.
- Annual report of the Maine Agricultural Experiment Station. [Orono, Me.: Maine State College, 1885-1953. url , p. 133, p. 159, p. 175, p. 186, p. 189, p. 218, p. 4, p. 48, p. 6, p. 67.
- Annual report of the Massachusetts Agricultural Experiment Station. [S.l.: s.n.], 1907-1925. url p. 34.
- Annual report of the Minnesota State Horticultural Society. Minneapolis: The Society, 1883-1898. url p. 482.
- Annual report of the Ohio State Academy of Science. Columbus: The Academy, 1893-1930. url p. 256, p. 256, p. 53, p. 76.
- Annual report of the Regents / Albany: J.B. Lyon, State Printer, 1890-1903. url p. 135.
- Annual report of the Secretary of the Connecticut Board of Agriculture. Hartford: The Board, 1867-1925. url p. 22.
- Bergey's manual of determinative bacteriology, by Robert S. Breed [and others] Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins Co., 1957. url p. 147.
- Birds of a Maryland farm: a local study of economic ornithology / Washington; G.P.O., 1902. url .
- Botanical abstracts. Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins Co. url p. 409.
- Botanical notes at Barton & Mildenhall, Suffolk / by Sir Charles J.F. Bunbury; edited by his wife. Mildenhall: Printed by S.R. Simpson, 1889 url p. 226, p. 265.
- Botanical publications of E.D. Merrill. [New York, etc., 1899- url p. 122, p. 302.
- Botanical survey of Nebraska. Conducted by the Botanical Seminar. I-VII. Lincoln, Neb., 1892-1904. url .
- Botanisk tidsskrift / utgivet af den Botaniske forening i København. København: G.E.C. Gads Forlag, 1866-1981. url p. 457, p. 463.
- Botaniska notiser. Upsala: Wahlstro?m, 1857-c1980. url p. 180.
- Brigham Young University science bulletin. 4 1964 Provo, Utah: Brigham Young University, [1955-1976] url p. 26.
- British fungi. Phycomycetes and Ustilagineae. By George Massee. London, L. Reeve and Co., 1891. url p. 124.
- British plant-galls; a classified text book of cecidology, London, Methuen & co. ltd. url .
- Budd's flora of the Canadian Prairie Provinces / [Ottawa]: Research Branch, Agriculture Canada, 1987. url p. 314, p. 317.
- Bulletin - New York State Museum. Albany: New York State Education Dept. url p. 34, p. 8, p. 90.
- Bulletin - United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.];1877-1971. url p. 1218, p. 138.
- Bulletin / U.S. Department of Agriculture, Biological Survey. Washington: G.P.O., 1904-1907. url p. 16.
- Bulletin from the laboratories of natural history of the State University of Iowa. Iowa City, Iowa: The University, 1888-. url p. 228.
- Bulletin of the British Museum (Natural History). London: The Museum, 1951-1992. url p. 116.
- Bulletin of the Illinois State Laboratory of Natural History. Bloomington, Ill.: The Laboratory, 1876-1918. url p. 227.
- Bulletin of the Torrey Botanical Club. 19 1892 New York: Torrey Botanical Club, 1870-1996 url p. 368, p. 604.
- Bulletin of the U.S. Department of Agriculture. [Washington, D.C.?]: Supt. of Docs., G.P.O., 1913-1923. url p. 10, p. 10, p. 19, p. 21, p. 24, p. 27, p. 35, p. 35, p. 7, p. 7, p. 90.
- Bulletin of the United States Geological and Geographical Survey of the Territories / Department of the Interior. Washington: Government Printing Office, 1874- url p. 242.
- Bulletin, Gulf Biologic Station, Baton Rouge, Louisiana State Board of Agriculture and Immigration., 1902-1910. url p. 16.
- Butterflies; their structure, changes and life-histories, with special reference to American forms. Being an application of the "Doctrine of descent" to the study of butterflies. With an appendix of practical inst By Samuel H. Scudder. New York: H. Holt and company, [c1881] url p. 309.
- C. E. Hobbs Botanical hand-book of common local, English, botanical and pharmacopial names arranged in alphabetical order, of most of the crude vegetable drugs, etc., in common use. Especially designed as a reference book for druggists and apothecaries. Comp. and pub. by Charles E. Hobbs. Boston, Printed by C.C. Roberts, 1876. url p. 12.
- C.E. Hobbs' Botanical hand-book: of common local, English, botanical and pharmacopœial names arranged in alphabetical order, of most of the crude vegetable drugs, etc., in common use: their properties, productions and uses in an abb Boston: Printed by C.C. Roberts, 1876. url .
- Carnegie Institution of Washington publication. Washington, Carnegie Institution of Washington, 1902- url p. 187, p. 236, p. 270.
- Catalog of hymenoptera in America north of Mexico / prepared cooperatively by specialists on the various groups of Hymenoptera under the direction of Karl V. Krombein. .. [et al.]. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1979- url p. 1799, p. 1867.
- Catalogue of plants which have been found growing without cultivation in the park and its outlying territories collected, mounted and catalogued for the plant herbarium in the superintendent's office at Niagara Falls, Ontario / by Roderick Cameron. Niagara Falls, Ont.?: s.n., 1896? url , .
- Catalogue of the birds of Suffolk, with an introduction and remarks on their distribution. London, J. Van Voorst, 1884-86. url p. 236.
- Catalogue of the cabinet of natural history of the state of New York, and of the historical and antiquarian collection annexed thereto. Albany, C. Van Benthuysen, printer, 1853. url .
- Commercial feeding stuffs of the United States: their chemical and microscopical examination. By J.K. Haywood. .. and H.J. Warner. .. with the collaboration of B.J. Howard. .. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1908. url p. 80.
- Common and scientific names of weeds in Canada = Noms populaires et scientifiques des plantes nuisibles du Canada / Ottawa: Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada = Agriculture et agroalimentaire Canada, c2000. url p. 126.
- Common weeds of the Canadian Prairies; Ottawa, Queen's Printer, 1963. url p. 12, p. 52.
- Communications to the Board of agriculture, on subjects relative to the husbandry and internal improvement of the country. London: Printed by W. Bulmer, 1797-1811. url , p. 237, p. 245.
- Compte rendu du Congre?s international d'essais de semences. Discussions at the International Seed Testing Conference. Verhandlungen der Internationalen Konferenz fu?r Samenpru?fung a?/in Copenhague (Danemark), 6.- 10. VI. 1921. Hamburg, Druck von Lu?tcke & Wulff url , .
- Contributions from the United States National Herbarium 21 1919 Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1890- url p. 147, p. 164, p. 178, p. 197, p. 197, p. 226, p. 228, p. 249, p. 327, p. 328, p. 486, p. 521, p. 525, p. 551.
- Contributions to Canadian biology and fisheries. Toronto [etc.] url p. 46.
- Contributions to the botany of Vermont. Burlington, Vt.: Botanical Dept., University of Vermont, 1898-1911. url p. 166.
- Cranberries;: the national cranberry magazine. Portland, CT [etc.]: Taylor Pub. Co. [etc.]. url .
- Danish fungi as represented in the herbarium of E. Rostrup / revised by J. Lind. Copenhagen: Gyldendalske boghandel, 1913. url p. 261, p. 469, p. 61.
- Dedication papers: scientific papers presented at the dedication of the laboratory building and plant houses, April 19-21, 1917. Brooklyn, N.Y.: Brooklyn Botanic Garden, 1918. url p. 368, p. 369.
- Dictionary of the common names of plants with list of foreign plants cultivated in the open / by Rudolf Marloth. Cape Town: Specialty Press of South Africa, 1917. url p. 104.
- Elements of practical agriculture; comprehending the cultivation of plants, the husbandry of the domestic animals, and the economy of the farm. London: Longman, [etc., etc.], 1838. url p. 437.
- English botany, or, Coloured figures of British plants / edited by John T. Boswell Syme; the popular portion by Mrs. Lankester; the figures by J. Sowerby, J. de C. Sowerby, J.W. Salter, and John Edward Sowerby. London: R. Hardwicke, 1863-1886. url .
- English botany, or, coloured figures of British plants / edited by John T. Boswell Syme; the popular portion by Mrs. Lankester; the figures by J. Sowerby, J. de C. Sowerby, J.W. Salter, and John Edward Sowerby. London: G. Bell, 1873. url p. 61.
- English wild flowers: to be found by the wayside, fields, hedgerows, rivers, moorlands, meadows, mountains, and sea-shore / by J.T. Burgess. London: F. Warne, [18--?] url p. 125.
- Erigenia: journal of the Illinois Native Plant Society. Carbondale, Ill.: The Society, 1982- url p. 14, p. 14, p. 35, p. 59.
- Essex naturalist: being the journal of the Essex Field Club. Buckhurst Hill, Essex, The Club. url p. 115, p. 289.
- Experiment station record. Washington: G.P.O., 1889-1946. url , p. 1184, p. 135, p. 236, p. 456, p. 638, p. 646, p. 734, p. 976.
- Experimental pollination; an outline of the ecology of flowers and insects, by Frederic E. Clements and Frances L. Long. Washington, Carnegie Institution of Washington, 1923. url p. 271.
- Farmers' bulletin / U.S. Department of Agriculture. Washington: G.P.O., 1889- url p. 7.
- Field and woodland plants / by W. S. Furneaux. London; Longmans, Green, and Co., 1909 url p. 295.
- Field and woodland plants, by W.S. Furneaux. With 8 plates in colour, and numerous illustrations by Patten Wilson, and photographs from nature by the author. London, Longmans, Green, 1911. url p. 295.
- First biennial report of the progress of the Geological survey of Michigan, embracing observations on the geology, zoo?logy and botany of the lower peninsula. Made to the governor, December 31, 1860. Lansing, Hosmer & Kerr, printers to the state, 1861. url .
- First report on the flora of Wyoming / Aven Nelson. Laramie: Wyoming Experiment Station, 1896. url p. 174.
- Flora Costaricensis / William Burger, editor. 13 1983 Chicago, Ill.: Field Museum of Natural History, 1983. url p. 125.
- Flora of Japan: in English: combined, much revised and extended translation / by the author of his Flora of Japan (1953) and Flora of Japan, Pteridophyta (1957); edited by Frederick G. Meyer and Egbert H. Walker. Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1965. url p. 412.
- Flora of Los Angeles and vicinity / by LeRoy Abrams. Stanford University, Cal. 1917. url p. 112.
- Flora of Nebraska; a list of the conifers and flowering plants of the state with keys for their determination. Plainview, Neb.[c1912] url , .
- Flora of Nebraska; a list of the ferns, conifers and flowering plants of the state with keys for their determination. Plainview, Neb., 1923 url p. 89.
- Flora of New Mexico. By E.O. Wooton and Paul C. Standley. WashingtonGovt. Print. Off.1915 url p. 197.
- Flora of Sussex; or a list of the flowering plants & ferns found in the county of Sussex, with localities of the less common species. London, Simpkin [et al.]1907. url p. 96.
- Flora of West Virginia, by Charles Frederick Millspaugh and Lawrence William Nuttall. 1 1896 Chicago, 1896. url p. 203.
- Flora of Winneshiek County. Des Moines: 1906. url .
- Flora of southeastern Washington and adjacent Idaho / by Charles V. Piper and R. Kent Beattie. Lancaster, Pa.: New Era, 1914. url p. 85.
- Flora of the Black Hills of South Dakota. By P.A. Rydberg. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1896. url p. 521.
- Flora of the District of Columbia and vicinity. By A.S. Hitchcock and Paul C. Standley, with the assistance of the botanists of Washington. WashingtonGovt. print. off.1919 url p. 147.
- Flora of the Queen Charlotte Islands. [Ottawa: Queen's Printer], 1968-. url p. 310, p. 366, p. 54, p. 580.
- Flora of the northwest coast, including the area west of the summit of the Cascade Mountains, from the forty-ninth parallel south to the Calapooia Mountains on the south border of Lane County, Oregon. Lancaster, Pa., Press of the New Era Printing Company, 1915. url , .
- Flora of the northwest coast: including the area west of the summit of the Cascade Mountains, from the forty-ninth parallel south to the Calapooia Mountains on the south border of Lane County, Oregon / by Charles V. Piper and R. Kent Beattie. Lancaster, Pa.: Press of the New era printing company, 1915. url p. 128.
- Flora of the southeastern Washington and adjacent Idaho, Lancaster, Pa., Press of the New Era Printing Company, 1914. url .
- Flora of the state of Washington. By Charles V. Piper. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1906. url p. 226, p. 228.
- Florigraphia britannica, or, Engravings and descriptions of the flowering plants and ferns of Britain / by Richard Deakin. London: Groombridge, 1857. url .
- Florula Bostoniensis. A collection of plants of Boston and its vicinity, with their generic and specific characters, principal synonyms, descriptions, places of growth, and time of flowering, and occasional remarks. Boston, C. C. Little and J. Brown, 1840. url p. 168.
- Florula bostoniensis. A collection of plants of Boston and its vicinity, with their generic and specific characters, principal synonyms, descriptions, places of growth, and time of flowering, and occasional remarks. Boston, C. C. Little and J. Brown, 1840. url p. 168.
- Flowers of the field. London, Society for Promoting Christian Knowledge[186-?] url p. 540.
- Freaks and marvels of plant life; or, Curiosities of vegetation. London, Soc. for Promoting Christian Knowledge, 1882. url p. 195, p. 463.
- Gaelic names of plants (Scottish and Irish) Collected and arranged in scientific order, with notes on their etymology, their uses, plant superstitions, etc., among the Celts, with copious Gaelic, Eng EdinburghBlackwood1883 url p. 61.
- Great Basin naturalist memoirs. 1987 [Provo, Utah]Brigham Young University, 1976-1992. url p. 489, p. 82.
- Hardwicke's science-gossip: an illustrated medium of interchange and gossip for students and lovers of nature. London: Robert Hardwicke, 1866- url p. 211, p. 240, p. 284.
- Harvesting ants and trap-door spiders. Notes and observations on their habits and dwellings. By J. Traherne Moggridge, F. L. S. London, L. Reeve & co., 1873. url p. 28.
- Henderson's Handbook of plants. By Peter Henderson. New York: P. Henderson & Co., 1881. url p. 27.
- History of Pasadena, comprising an account of the native Indian, Pasadena, Cal., Pasadena history company, 1895. url p. 632.
- How crops grow A treatise of the chemical composition, structure, and life of the plant, for all students of agriculture. .. By Samuel W. Johnson New York, Orange Judd & company[c1868] url .
- How crops grow. A treatise of the chemical composition, structure, and life of the plant, for all students of agriculture. .. By Samuel W. Johnson. .. New York, Orange Judd & company[c1868] url , p. 14.
- How crops grow. A treatise on the chemical composition, structure and life of the plant, for students of agriculture. With numerous illustrations and tables of analyses. By Samuel W. Johnson. New York: Orange Judd company, 1911 [c1890] url p. 414.
- Illinois River Bluffs area assessment / Illinois Department of Natural Resources, Office of Scientific Research and Analysis, [and the] State Geological Survey Division. Springfield, Ill.: Illinois Dept. of Natural Resources, 1998- url p. 156, p. 183.
- Indian Museum notes. Calcutta: [Indian Museum]: 1889-1903. url , p. 161.
- Journal of economic entomology. [College Park, Md., etc.]Entomological Society of America [etc.] url p. 226, p. 298.
- Journal of the Association of Official Agricultural Chemists. Baltimore. url p. 42.
- Lectures on plant physiology / by Ludwig Jost; authorized English translation by R.J. Harvey Gibson. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1907. url p. 503.
- Lectures on plant physiology / translated by R.J. Harvey Gibson. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1907. url p. 361, p. 503.
- Lectures on plant physiology. Authorized English translation by R.J. Harvey Gibson. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1907. url p. 503.
- Life; a book for elementary students, by Sir Arthur E. Shipley. Cambridge [Eng.]University Press, 1923. url .
- Management and feeding of sheep, New York, Orange Judd company; [etc., etc.]1914. url .
- Management and feeding of sheep, by Thomas Shaw. .. New York, Orange Judd company; [etc., etc.]1914. url p. 15.
- Marcellia. New York [etc.]Pergamon Press [etc.] url p. 165.
- Memoirs / Brooklyn Botanic Garden. Brooklyn, N.Y.: The Garden, 1918-1936. url p. 368, p. 369.
- Memoirs of the American Entomological Society. Philadelphia, American Entomological Society, 1916- url p. 121.
- Minnesota botanical studies. Minneapolis, Geological and Natural History Survey of Minnesota. url , p. 385, p. 385, p. 579, p. 579.
- Miscellaneous papers on the botany of Michigan, by C. K. Dodge. Prepared under the direction of Alexander G. Ruthven. Published as a part of the Annual report of the Board of Geological Survey for 1920. Lansing, Mich., Wynkoop Hallenbeck Crawford, State Printers, 1921. url p. 146, p. 188, p. 40, p. 97.
- Monitore zoologico italiano. [Siena]: Instituto anatomico della R. Università di Siena, [1890-1988] url p. 142.
- Montana wetlands management study / prepared for Montana Department of Natural Resources and Conservation. Denver, Colo.: Bureau of Reclamation,  url p. 40474.
- National Arboretum contribution. Washington, D.C.: The Arboretum: 1953- url p. 17.
- National list of scientific plant names. [Washington, D.C.]: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Soil Conservation Service, 1982- url p. 173, p. 57.
- New York State Museum bulletin. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1916-1944. url p. 89.
- New or noteworthy Philippine plants. .. / by Elmer D. Merrill. Manila: Bureau of Public Printing, 1904-1922. url p. 302.
- Observations of a naturalist in the Pacific between 1896 and 1899 / by H.B. Guppy. London: Macmillan and Co., 1903-1906. url p. 356, p. 621.
- Palladin's Plant physiology. Authorized ed. in English, based on the German translation of the 6th Russian ed. and on the 7th Russian ed. (1914) of the Text-book of plant physiology. By Vladimir I. Palladin. With additions and Philadelphia, P. Blakiston's son, [c1926] url p. 313.
- Part I. The living flora of West Virginia, by C. F. Millspaugh. Part II. The fossil flora of West Virginia, by David White. Wheeling, Wheeling news litho. co., 1913 url p. 80.
- Phytogeography of Nebraska. 1. General survey by Roscoe Pound and Frederic E. Clements. Lincoln, Neb.Published by the Seminar1900 url p. 435, p. 89.
- Phytologia. Bronx Park, New York, H.A. Gleason and H.N. Moldenke, url p. 1, p. 15, p. 16, p. 165, p. 285, p. 35, p. 4, p. 47, p. 492, p. 52, p. 54, p. 7.
- Plant life of Alabama, an account of the distribution, modes of association, and adaptations of the flora of Alabama, together with a systematic catalogue of the plants growing in the state. By Charles Mohr. .. Montgomery, Ala., Brown printing co., 1901. url p. 486.
- Plant life of Alabama. An account of the distribution, modes of association, and adaptations of the flora of Alabama, together with a systematic catalogue of the plants growing in the state. Prepared in cooperationwith the Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1901. url .
- Plant life of Alabama: an account of the distribution, modes of association, and adaptations of the flora of Alabama, together with a systematic catalogue of the plants growing in the state / by Charles Mohr. Montgomery, Ala.: Brown Printing Co., 1901. url p. 486.
- Plant physiology, by Vladimir I. Palladin. Authorized English ed. based on the German translation of the 6th Russian ed. and on the 7th Russian ed. (1914) Edited by Burton Edward Livingston. Philadelphia, P. Blakiston[c1923] url p. 311, p. 311.
- Plant physiology; authorized English translation by R. J. HarveyGibson; supplement incorporating the alterations of the 2d ed. of the German original. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1913. url p. 361, p. 503.
- Plant-life on land considered in some of its biological aspects / by F. O. Bower. Cambridge, [Eng.]University Press,  url p. 170, p. 170, p. 73, p. 73.
- Plants of Mississippi: a list of flowering plants and ferns / by E.N. Lowe. [Jackson, Miss.]: Mississippi State Geological Survey, 1921. url p. 137.
- Popular field botany; containing a familiar and technical description of the plants most common to the various localities of the British Isles, adapted to the study of either the artificial or natural systems. London, Reeve, Benham & Reeve, 1849. url p. 289.
- Popular science news, formerly Boston journal of chemistry. A popular illustrated monthly devoted to the progress in zoology, botany, mineralogy, archaeology, hygiene, invention, with related physical sciences and general v. 1-36; July 1866-Dec. 1902. Boston, J.R. Nichols & co. [etc.]1866-; New York, W. O. Allison [etc., 1894]-1902. url p. 102.
- Practical botany, by F. Cavers. .. London, W.B. Clive, University Tutorial Press Ld, 1911. url p. 257.
- Proceedings of the Entomological Society of Nova Scotia. Truro, N.S., Entomological Society of Nova Scotia. url p. 47, p. 47.
- Proceedings of the Indiana Academy of Science. Indianapolis, Ind.[s.n.] url p. 168, p. 168, p. 182, p. 182, p. 189, p. 189.
- Proceedings of the Linnean Society of New South Wales. Sydney, Linnean Society of New South Wales. url p. 856.
- Proceedings of the Royal Irish Academy. Dublin: Royal Irish Academy, 1841- url p. 17, p. 388, p. 94.
- Proceedings of the Royal Society of Queensland. [Brisbane, Royal Society of Queensland]1885- url p. 9.
- Proceedings. Toronto. url p. 26.
- Report for the year - British Columbia Provincial Museum. [Victoria]; Printed by A. Sutton [etc.], for the Queen. url .
- Report of the Commissioner of Agriculture. .. Washington: G.P.O., 1863-1889. url p. 58.
- Report of the Geological Survey of Ohio. Columbus, Nevins & Myers, state printers, 1873-93. url , , .
- Report of the Michigan Academy of Science. Lansing, Mich.: The Academy, 1904-1916. url p. 161.
- Report of the State Botanist. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1898-1925. url , p. 34, p. 8, p. 90.
- Report of the United States Entomological Commission. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1878-90. url p. 254, p. 282, p. 290.
- Report. Victoria, B.C. url p. 20.
- Reports of the Survey. Botanical series. Minneapolis [etc.]1892- url p. 385, p. 579.
- Sandusky flora. A catalogue of the flowering plants and ferns growing without cultivation, in Erie County, Ohio, and the peninsula and islands of Ottawa County, Wooster, O., Press of Clapper Printing Co., 1899. url .
- Science progress. London: John Murray, 1916- url p. 128.
- Science-gossip. Berlin: R. Friedländer & Sohn, -1902. url p. 138, p. 42.
- Science. New York, N.Y.: [s.n.]1880- url p. 625.
- Scientific papers of Asa Gray / selected by Charles Sprague Sargent. Boston, Houghton, 1889. url p. 300.
- Scientific papers of Asa Gray, selected by Charles Sprague Sargent. Boston, Houghton, Mifflin, 1889. url p. 300.
- Seeds handbook for agriculture, horticulture and forestry, with a key for the identification of the important agricultural seeds = Handbuch der Samenkunde für Landwirtschaft, Gartenbau und Forstwirtschaft, mit einem Schlussel zur Bestimmung der wichtigsten landwirtschaftlichen Samen / Walther Brouwen and Adolf Stahlin. [S.l.: s.n.], 1980. url p. 134.
- Senior botany. London, Univ. Tutor. Press, 1918. url p. 200.
- Sensitive plant species survey, Garfield and McCone Counties, Montana / prepared by Bonnie L. Heidel; prepared for Bureau of Land Management. Helena, MT: Montana Natural Heritage Program,  url .
- Settler's guide and farmer's handbook. .. Issued by direction of the Bureau of agriculture. Ed. by L. Lindley-Cowen. .. pt. 1. Perth, E.S. Wigg, 1897- url p. 566.
- Sicklepod (Cassia obtusifolia L.) competition with soybeans as influenced by row spacing, density, planting date, and herbicides / by Jerry Holland Jordan, Jr. 1983. url .
- Special papers / Ohio Academy of Sciences. Columbus, Ohio: The Academy, 1899-1929. url p. 76.
- Special scientific report--wildlife / U.S. Department of the Interior, Fish and Wildlife Service. Washington, D.C.: The Service, 1949- url p. 118, p. 121.
- Studies in natural history. Iowa City, Ia. url p. 14, p. 180, p. 31.
- The Aleutian islands: their people and natural history (with keys for the identification of the birds and plants) City of Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1945. url p. 101.
- The American journal of science. 11 1826 New Haven, Kline Geology Laboratory, Yale University. url p. 181.
- The American midland naturalist. Notre Dame, Ind., University of Notre Dame. url p. 80.
- The Annals and magazine of natural history; zoology, botany, and geology being a continuation of the Annals combined with Loudon and Charlesworth's Magazine of Natural History. London, Taylor and Francis, Ltd. url p. 90, p. 90.
- The Annals of Scottish natural history. Edinburgh: David Douglas, 1892-1911. url p. 185, p. 235.
- The British nature book; a complete handbook and guide to British nature study, embracing the mammals, birds, reptiles, fish, insects, plants, etc., in the United Kingdom, by S.N. Sedgwick. .. Edinburgh, T.C. & E.C. Jack, Ltd., 1922. url p. 444.
- The Canadian entomologist. Ottawa [etc.]Entomological Society of Canada [etc.] url p. 222.
- The Canadian field-naturalist. 70 1956 Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url p. 111, p. 15, p. 161, p. 163, p. 171, p. 184, p. 220, p. 234, p. 26, p. 278, p. 34, p. 418, p. 448, p. 504, p. 52, p. 6, p. 62.
- The Canadian journal; a repertory of industry, science, and art; and a record of the proceedings of the Canadian Institute. Toronto: Published by H. Scobie for the Council of the Canadian Institute. url p. 223.
- The Canadian record of science. Montreal, Natural History Society. url p. 228, p. 65.
- The Entomologist's record and journal of variation. s.l., s.n. url p. 141.
- The Farmers' register. Richmond, Va.: Edmund Ruffin, 1833-1843. url p. 291.
- The Gaelic names of plants (Scottish, Irish, and Manx), collected and arranged in scientific order, with notes on their etymology, uses, plant superstitions, etc., among the Celts, with copious Gaeli Glasgow, J. Mackay, 1900. url .
- The Gardeners' chronicle and agricultural gazette. London: published for the proprietors, 1844-1873. url p. 1435, p. 699.
- The Gardeners' chronicle: a weekly illustrated journal of horticulture and allied subjects. London: [Gardeners Chronicle], 1874-1955. url p. 17, p. 37, p. 375, p. 48.
- The Great Basin naturalist. 44 1984 Provo, Utah: M.L. Bean Life Science Museum, Brigham Young University, 1939-1999. url p. 549, p. 551, p. 56.
- The Indiana weed book, Indianapolis, The Nature publishing company, 1912. url .
- The Indiana weed book, by W. S. Blatchley. Indianapolis, The Nature publishing company, 1920. url p. 68.
- The Irish naturalist. Dublin: Eason & Son, Ltd., 1892- url p. 61.
- The Journal of horticulture, cottage gardener and country gentlemen. London: George W. Johnson and Robert Hogg, 1861-1877. url p. 15, p. 32.
- The Journal of the College of Science, Imperial University of Tokyo, Japan = Tokyo Teikoku Daigaku kiyo. Rika. Tokyo, Japan: The University, 1898-1925. url p. 173, p. 49.
- The Journal of the Iowa Academy of Science: JIAS. Cedar Falls, Iowa: The Academy, 1988- url p. 126, p. 194.
- The Journal of the Linnean Society. Botany. 38 1907-09 London: the Society: Longman, Green, Longman, Roberts & Green: ||Williams and Norgate, 1865-1968. url p. 219, p. 24, p. 529.
- The Naturalist. 1894 [Doncaster: Yorkshire Naturalists' Union], 1874- url p. 106, p. 21, p. 263, p. 37.
- The New Forest: its history and its scenery / by John R. Wise; with 63 illustrations by Walter Crane; engraved by W.J. Linton. London: Gibbings, 1895. url p. 303.
- The Ohio journal of science. Columbus, Ohio, The Ohio State University and the Ohio Academy of Science url p. 198.
- The Ottawa naturalist. Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url p. 13, p. 134, p. 134.
- The Philippine journal of science. 10 1915 Manila. url p. 302.
- The Plant world. Baltimore [etc.]Plant World Association [etc.] url p. 156, p. 158.
- The Popular science monthly. New York, Popular Science Pub. Co., etc. url p. 455.
- The Proceedings and transactions of the Nova Scotian Institute of Science. Halifax, Nova Scotian Institute of Science. url p. 411.
- The Proceedings of the Iowa Academy of Science. Des moines, Iowa: The Academy, [1889-1987] url p. 281, p. 436, p. 436, p. 492, p. 90.
- The Review of applied entomology. Farnham Royal, Eng., etc.: Commonwealth Agricultural Bureaux, etc. url p. 212, p. 304, p. 315, p. 462, p. 624, p. 665, p. 683, p. 722, p. 791.
- The Scottish naturalist. Perth [etc.]: Cowan & Co. [etc.], url p. 79.
- The University of Kansas science bulletin. 46 1965 [Lawrence]: University of Kansas, 1902-1996. url p. 47, p. 555, p. 790, p. 790.
- The botanical looker-out among the wild flowers of England and Wales, at all seasons, and in the most interesting localities. By Edwin Lees. .. London, Hamilton, Adams & Co., 1851. url p. 294.
- The butterflies of the eastern United States and Canada: with special reference to New England / By Samuel Hubbard Scudder. Cambridge: The author, 1889. url p. 1248.
- The differentiation and specificity of starches in relation to genera, species, etc.; stereochemistry applied to protoplasmic processes and products, and as a strictly scientific basis for the classification of plants and animals Washington, D.C.Carnegie institution of Washington1913 url p. 236.
- The flora of Montreal Island by Robert Campbell. S.l.: s.n., 1892? url .
- The flora of southwestern Colorado / by T.S. Brandegee. Washington: Dept. of the Interior, U.S. Geological and Geographical Survey of the Territories, 1876. url p. 242.
- The flora of the Gulf Biologic Station. Baton Rouge, Louisiana State Board of Agriculture and Immigration, 1907. url p. 16.
- The flora of the Palouse region. Containing descriptions of all the Spermatophytes and Pteridophytes known to grow wild in the area within 35 kilometers of Pullman, Washington. By Charles V. Piper and R. Kent Beattie. Pullman, Washington Agricultural College and School of Science, 1901. url p. 62.
- The gardener's magazine and register of rural & domestic improvement. London: Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown and Green, 1826-1844. url p. 70.
- The little English flora, or, a botanical and popular account of all our common field flowers. London, Simpkin, Marshall & co., 1842. url p. 70.
- The movements and habits of climbing plants. New York, D. Appleton, 1888. url p. 208, p. 41.
- The natural history of Pliny. London, H. G. Bohn, 1855-57. url p. 199, p. 56.
- The natural history of Pliny. Tr., with copious notes and illustrations, by the late John Bostock and H. T. Riley. London, H. G. Bohn, 1855-57. url p. 56.
- The natural history of plants, their forms, growth, reproduction, and distribution; from the German of the late Anton Kerner von Marilaun by F. W. Oliver. With the assistance of Lady Busk, and Mrs. M. F. Macdonald; with about two thousand orginal woodcut illustrations. London, Blackie, 1902. url p. 685.
- The natural history of plants; their forms, growth, reproduction, and distribution. From the German of Anton Kerner von Marilaun by F. W. Oliver, with the assistance of Marian Busk and Mary F. Ewart. London, Blackie, 1894-1895. url p. 685.
- The naturalisation of animals & plants in New Zealand, Cambridge [Eng.]University Press, 1922. url .
- The naturalist. London: Simpkin, Marshall, 1865- url p. 276.
- The physiology of plants. a treatise upon the metabolism and sources of energy in plants, ed. by A.J. Ewart. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1900-6. url p. 38, p. 40.
- The physiology of plants; a treatise upon the metabolism and sources of energy in plants, by Dr. W. Pfeffer. .. 2d fully rev. ed., translated and edited by Alfred J. Ewart. Oxford, Clarendon press, 1900-06. url p. 38, p. 40.
- The plant life of Maryland, by Forrest Shreve [et al.] Baltimore, Johns Hopkins Press, 1910. url p. 429.
- The plants of Michigan; simple keys for the identification of the native seed plants of the state, by Henry Allan Gleason. Ann Arbor, G. Wahr, c1918. url p. 28.
- The plants of Prince Edward Island / Ottawa: Research Branch, Agriculture Canada, 1985. url p. 140, p. 141.
- The power of movement in plants / New York: D. Appleton, 1897. url .
- The power of movement in plants / by Charles Darwin, assisted by Francis Darwin. New York: D. Appleton, 1898. url p. 318.
- The power of movement in plants, New York, Appleton, 1896. url .
- The power of movement in plants. By Charles Darwin. .. assisted by Francis Darwin. New York, Appleton, 1881. url p. 318.
- The relation of leaf structure to physical factors.  url p. 101, p. 68, p. 97.
- The small grains, by Mark Alfred Carleton. .. New York, The Macmillan company, 1916. url p. 453.
- The survey of western Palestine. The fauna and flora of Palestine, by H. B. Tristram. London, The Committee of the Palestine Exploration Fund, 1884. url p. 402.
- The theory of evolution in the light of facts, by Karl Frank, S.J. with a chapter on ant guests and termite guests by P.E. Wasmann. Translated from the German by Charles T. Druery...with 48 illustrations. London:B. Herder, 1913. url .
- The transactions of the Yorkshire Naturalists' Union. Leeds [etc.] url .
- The vines of northeastern America / by Charles S. Newhall. New York: Putnam, 1897. url .
- The vines of northeastern America; New York [etc.]G. P. Putnam's Sons, 1897. url .
- The weed flora of Iowa / [by L. H. Pammel; with the collaboration of Charlotte M. King. .. et al.] Des Moines: Iowa Geological Survey, 1913. url p. 429, p. 526, p. 528, p. 663, p. 696, p. 698, p. 716, p. 729, p. 789, p. 829, p. 97, p. 98.
- The weed flora of Iowa Des Moines, Iowa geological survey, 1913. url , , , , , , , , , .
- The weed flora of Iowa. .. Des Moines, Iowa Geological Survey, 1913. url p. 429, p. 526, p. 528, p. 663, p. 696, p. 698, p. 729, p. 829, p. 97, p. 98.
- The weeds of New South Wales, pt. I- Sydney, W.A. Gullick, Gov't. printer, 1920- url p. 20.
- Topographical botany: being local and personal records towards shewing the distribution of British plants traced through the 112 counties and vice-counties of England, Wales, and Scotland. London, B. Quaritch, 1883. url .
- Torreya. Burlington, Vt., Torrey Botanical Club, 1901-1945. url p. 3, p. 99.
- Transactions and proceedings of the New Zealand Institute. Wellington: New Zealand Institute. url p. 431, p. 506.
- Transactions of the Illinois natural history society. Ed. by C.D. Wilber. Springfield, 1861. url p. 142.
- Transactions of the Kansas Academy of Science. Topeka, Kan.: W.Y. Morgan, 1903- url p. 149.
- Transactions of the Kentucky Academy of Science. [Lexington, Ky.]Kentucky Academy of Science, 1923-1997. url p. 201, p. 49.
- Transactions of the Maryland Academy of Sciences. Baltimore: The Academy, 1901- url p. 80.
- Transactions of the. .. annual meetings of the Kansas Academy of Science. Topeka, Kan.: Kansas Pub. House, 1883-1901. url p. 77, p. 87.
- Trees, shrubs and vines of the northeastern United States. .. together with an account of the principal foreign hardy trees, shrubs and vines cultivated in our country, and found in Central Park, New York City by H.E. Parkhurst. New York, C. Scribner's sons, 1903. url p. 318.
- Tutira: the story of a New Zealand sheep station / by H. Guthrie-Smith. Edinburgh: Blackwood, 1921. url p. 250, p. 276.
- University of Illinois weed control research report. Urbana, Ill.: Dept. of Agronomy, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1987-1997. url p. 458, p. 462.
- University studies of the University of Nebraska. Lincoln. url p. 338.
- Vascular plants of the Sangamon River basin; annotated checklist and ecological summary [by] Almut G. Jones and David T. Bell. [Urbana], University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, College of Agriculture,  url p. 59.
- Veröffentlichungen der Zoologischen Staatssammlung München. 11 1968 München: Die Staatssammlung, url p. 248.
- Vine weeds of the North Central States. Urbana, Ill.: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, College of Agriculture, Cooperative Extension Service, 1973. url p. 13.
- Vorlesungen über Pflanzenphysiologie. Jena, G. Fischer, 1904. url p. 620.
- Watson, S. Botany /by Sereno Watson, aided by Daniel C. Eaton, and others. 5 1871 Washington, D.C.: G.P.O., 1871. url p. 317.
- Weed control / Berkeley, Calif.: College of Agriculture, University of California, 1936. url .
- Weeds of farm land, by Winifred E. Brenchley. New York, Longmans, Green and co., 1920. url p. 11, p. 152, p. 197, p. 220, p. 236.
- Weeds of farm land. London, Longmans, 1920. url p. 11, p. 111, p. 152, p. 197, p. 236.
- Weeds of the North Central States. Urbana, Ill: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, College of Agriculture, Agricultural Experiment Station,  url p. 261, p. 281.
- Yearbook of agriculture. WashingtonU.S. Govt. Print. Off. url p. 278, p. 317.
- Zoologist. London.1843-1916 url p. 382.
- [Collected reprints, 1895-1916. s.l., s.n., 19--] url , .
- [Forestry reports] Washington, 1893-1910 url .
- [Report of a voyage made to the Canadian Labrador coast; Catalogue of plants and birds of the north shore] [D. N. Saint-Cyr]. Québec?: s.n., 1887? url .
- Li Anjen, Kao Tsoching, Mao Zumei & Liu Yulan. 1998. Polygonaceae. In: Li Anjen, ed., Fl. Reipubl. Popularis Sin. 25(1): 1209.
- Jones, D. M. and T. R. Mertens. 1970. A taxonomic study of genus Polygonum employing chromatographic methods. Proc. Indiana Acad. Sci. 80: 422-430.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 30, 2012.
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal November 19, 2007:
- Biologiezentrum der Oberoesterreichischen Landesmuseen, Biologiezentrum Linz
- Missouri Botanical Garden, Missouri Botanical Garden
- Oregon State University, Vascular Plant Collection
- School of Life Sciences, Arizona State University, The Deaver Herbarium, Northern Arizona University
- The Danish Biodiversity Information Facility, Botany registration database by Danish botanists
- USDA PLANTS, USDA PLANTS Database
- University of Alabama Biodiversity and Systematics, Herbarium
- University of Alaska Museum of the North, University of Alaska Museum of the North Herbarium
- University of Washington Burke Museum, Vascular Plant Collection - University of Washington Herbarium
- Utah Valley State College
- , Utah Valley State College Herbarium
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 2646998
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: ITS-20853
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 14661164
- Globally Unique Identifier: urn:lsid:ipni.org:names:695590-1
- GRIN Nomen Number: 29247
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 20853
- International Plant Names Index (IPNI) ID: 311315-2
- U.S.D.A. Plant Symbol: POCOS
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 57538
- Anjen Li, Bojian Bao, Alisa E. Grabovskaya-Borodina, Suk-pyo Hong, John McNeill, Sergei L. Mosyakin, Hideaki Ohba & Chong-wook Park "Polygonaceae". in Flora of China Vol. 5 Page 277. Published by Science Press (Beijing) and Missouri Botanical Garden Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]
- Mihai Costea, François J. Tardif, Harold R. Hinds "Polygonum". in Flora of North America Vol. 5. Oxford University Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]
- Mean = 213.530 meters (700.558 feet), Standard Deviation = 265.430 based on 6,588 observations. Altitude information for each observation from British Oceanographic Data Centre. [back]