Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in Afrikaans:
Geelpootstormswael, Gewone Stormswael
Common Names in Basque:
Common Names in Catalan:
Common Names in Czech:
Common Names in Danish:
Common Names in Dutch:
Wilson's Stormvogel, Wilson's Stormvogeltje, Wilson-Stormvogeltje, Wilsons stormvogeltje
Common Names in English:
Australian Yellow-Webbed Storm-Petrel, common stormy petrel, long-legged storm-petrel, Mother Carey's chicken, Skipjack, Wilson's Petrel, wilson's storm petrel, Wilson's Storm-petrel, Wilson's Stormpetrel
Common Names in Faroese:
Common Names in Finnish:
Common Names in French:
Oc?anite de Wilson, Oc, ocÃ©anite de Wilson, océanite de Wilson, Pétrel océanite
Common Names in Galician:
Common Names in German:
Buntf, Buntfu, Buntfuß-Sturmschwalbe, Büntfussige Sturmschwalbe
Common Names in Haitian Creole French:
Common Names in Hebrew:
Common Names in Icelandic:
Common Names in Irish:
Common Names in Italian:
Uccello delle tempeste di Wilson
Common Names in Japanese:
Common Names in Latin:
Common Names in Lithuanian:
Common Names in Norwegian:
Common Names in Polish:
Nawalnik Z, Oceannik Z
Common Names in Portuguese:
Alma-De-Mestre, Painho De Wilson
Common Names in Portuguese (Brazil):
Common Names in Russian:
Common Names in Slovenian:
Common Names in Spanish:
Golondrina De Mar, Pa, PaÃÃ±o de Wilson, Paíño de Wilson
Common Names in Spanish (Argentine):
Common Names in Spanish (Costa Rica):
Common Names in Spanish (Dominican Republic):
Golondrina Del Mar
Common Names in Spanish (Mexico):
Common Names in Spanish (Uruguay):
Petrel De Las Tormentas De Wilson
Common Names in Swedish:
Common Names in Turkish:
Sari Ayakli Firtina Kirlangici
Common Names in Welsh:
Adult : Bill: black Body: Rump : broad white U-shaped band Underparts: blackish-brown Upperparts: dark chocolate-brown Vent : may show some whitish Legs : Foot Color: black toes with yellow webbing Leg Color: black Leg Length: long Notes : yellow, webbed feet Toes: yellowish green webbing between Wings : Flight Feathers: blackish-brown Tail: blackish-brown Shape : squared to slightly rounded.
About 6 to 7.5 inches long, with a wingspan of 16 to 17 inches. Adults weigh about 1.1 ounces .
Vegetation: freshwater marshes, pelagic waters • Foraging Strata: Water • Center of Abundance: Lower subtropical: lowlands, lower than 500 m.; subtropics. • Sensitivity to Disturbance: High
Typically found in the intertidal zone at the water's edge at a mean distance from sea level of 29 meters (94 feet).
Wilson's Storm-petrel breeds
on rocky islets
, on cliffs
scree. It prefers to feed
mainly in cold waters
shelves or inshore
, with a diet
of comprised mainly of planktonic
crustaceans (especially krill) and fish1. Its diet
shifts from mainly crustaceans during egg
formation to an increased
proportion of fish during chick-rearing and moulting2.
List of Habitats :
- 6 Rocky areas (eg. inland cliffs, mountain peaks)
- 9 Marine Neritic
- 9.1 Marine Neritic - Pelagic
- 9.2 Marine Neritic - Subtidal Rock and Rocky Reefs
- 9.3 Marine Neritic - Subtidal Loose Rock/pebble/gravel
- 9.4 Marine Neritic - Subtidal Sandy
- 9.5 Marine Neritic - Subtidal Sandy-Mud
- 9.7 Marine Neritic - Macroalgal/Kelp
- 9.9 Marine Neritic - Seagrass (Submerged)
- 10 Marine Oceanic
- 10.1 Marine Oceanic - Epipelagic (0-200m)
- 10.2 Marine Oceanic - Mesopelagic (200-1000m)
- 12 Marine Intertidal
- 12.1 Marine Intertidal - Rocky Shoreline
- 13 Marine Coastal/Supratidal
- 13.1 Marine Coastal/Supratidal - Sea Cliffs and Rocky Offshore Islands [more info]
- Clutch Size: 1
- Kingdom: Animalia () - animals
Oceanites oceanicus (Kuhl, 1820)
Status: Accepted Name
Last scrutiny: 13-Jun-2007
Leach's Storm-Petrel, Band-Rumped Storm-Petrel
Members of the genus Oceanites
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 8 species and subspecies in this genus:
O. gracilis (Elliot's Storm-Petrel) · O. gracilis galapagoensis (Eliot's Storm Petrel) · O. gracilis gracilis (White-Vented Storm Petrel) · O. maorianus (New Zealand Storm-Petrel) · O. oceanicus (Australian Yellow-Webbed Storm-Petrel) · O. oceanicus chilensis (Wilson's Storm Petrel) · O. oceanicus exasperatus (Antarctic Storm-Petrel) · O. oceanicus oceanicus (Wilson's Storm Petrel)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- , 274 p.port.22 cm. url p. 246, p. 262.
- A List of British birds / London: British Ornithologists' Union, 1915. url .
- A List of British birds / London: John Van Voorst, 1883. url , , .
- A biological survey of the waters of Woods Hole and vicinity / By Francis B. Sumner, Raymond C. Osburn, and Leon J. Cole. Washington: Govt. Print. Off., 1913 url p. 778, p. 851.
- A catalogue of Canadian birds with notes on the distribution of the species / by Montague Chamberlain. Saint John, N.B.: J. McMillan, 1887. url , p. 16.
- A catalogue of Canadian birds, By Montague Chamberlain. Saint John, N.B., J. & A. McMillan, 1887. url p. 136, p. 136, p. 16, p. 16.
- A catalogue of Canadian birds: with notes on the distribution of the species / Saint John, N.B.: J. & A. McMillan, 1887. url , .
- A catalogue of the birds of the Virginias / by Wm. C. Rives. Newport, R.I.: Printed for the Society by T.T. Pitman, 1890. url p. 44, p. 97.
- A catalogue of the collection of birds formed by the late Hugh Edwin Strickland. Cambridge, Univ. Press, 1882. url p. 628.
- A check list of North American birds. Boston: Estes and Lauriat, 1882. url p. 127.
- A dictionary of birds, London, A. and C. Black, 1893-1896. url p. 710.
- A dictionary of birds, by Alfred Newton, assisted by Hans Gadow, with contributions from Richard Lydekker. .. Charles S. Roy. .. and Robert W. Shufeldt. .. London, A. and C. Black, 1893-1896. url p. 710, p. 710, p. 710.
- A glossary of popular, local and old-fashioned names, of British birds; London: H. Sotheran & Co., 1902. url p. 16, p. 26.
- A guide to the birds of New England and eastern New York; containing a key for each season and short descriptions of over 250 species, with particular reference to their appearance in the field, by Ralph Huffmann...with four full page plates by Louis Agassiz Fuertes and nearly 100 cuts in the text. BostonHoughton, Mifflin and company1904 url p. 312, p. 355.
- A guide to the natural history of the Isle of Wight: a series of contributions by specialists relating to the various branches of natural history and kindred subjects / edited by Frank Morey. Newport, Isle of Wight: The County Press, 1909. url p. 526.
- A hand-book to the birds of Great Britain / by R. Bowdler Sharpe. London: E. Lloyd, 1896-1897. url p. 145.
- A hand-list of British birds, with an account of the distribution of each species in the British Isles and abroad. By Ernst Hartert, F. C. R. Jourdain, N. F. Ticehurst and H. F. Withersby. London, Witherby, 1912. url p. 150, p. 230.
- A handbook of European birds for the use of field naturalists and collectors. By James Backhouse. London, Gurney and Jackson, 1890. url p. 299, p. 327.
- A handbook of the birds of Tasmania and its dependencies / by Frank Mervyn Littler. Launceston, Tasmania: F.M. Littler, 1910. url p. 157, p. 157, p. xiv.
- A handbook of the vertebrate fauna of Yorkshire: being a catalogue of British mammals, birds, reptiles, amphibians, and fishes / by Wm. Eagle Clarke, and Wm. Denison Roebuck. London: Reeve, 1881. url p. 85, p. 85.
- A handbook to the birds of British Bermah, including those found in the adjoining state of Karennee, by Eugene W. Oates. .. London, R.H. Porter, 1883. url , .
- A history of the birds of Ceylon / London: Published by the author, 1880 [i.e. 1878-1880] url , p. 1056.
- A history of the birds of Europe: including all the species inhabiting the western palaearctic region / London: Published by the Author, 1871-1881. url , , p. 503, p. 505.
- A list of British birds / compiled by a committee of the British Ornithologists' Union. London: J. van Voorst, 1883. url , p. 197, p. 221.
- A list of European birds, including all those found in the western palaearctic area, with a supplement containing species said to have occurred, but which, for various reasons, are inadmissible. London, R.H. Porter, 1898. url p. 58.
- A list of European birds: including all species found in the western palaearctic region: the nomenclature carefully revised / by Henry E. Dresser. London: H.E. Dresser, 1881. url p. 37.
- A list of the birds of Australia: containing the names and synonyms connected with each genus, species, and subspecies of birds found in Australia, at present known to the author / London: Witherby, 1913. url p. 31, p. 366.
- A list of the birds of Florida / by Charles B. Cory. Boston: For sale by B. Whidden, 1896. url p. 3.
- A list of the birds of Jamaica, Kingston, Jamaica, Govt. print. off., 1920. url .
- A list of the birds of Maine, showing their distribution by counties and their status in each county. Prepared under the auspices of the United ornithologists of Maine by Ora W. Knight. .. Augusta, Kennebec journal print, 1897. url p. 174, p. 25.
- A list of the birds of Maryland, giving dates of the arrival, departure and nesting periods of our regular birds; also including stragglers and such others as no doubt occur but are not recorded. By F.C. Kirkwood. .. Baltimore: [Maryland Academy of Sciences], 1895. url p. 257, p. 257, p. 379.
- A list of the birds of Maryland: giving dates of the arrival, departure and nesting periods of our regular birds, also including stragglers and such others as no doubt occur but are not recorded / Baltimore: Deutsch Lithographing & Print. Co.; 1895. url .
- A list of the birds of New Hampshire. By Glover M. Allen Manchester, N.H., Nature press, 1903. url p. 215.
- A list of the birds of eastern North America / by Charles B. Cory. Boston: For sale by B. Whidden, 1896. url p. 7.
- A list of the birds of the West Indies, including the Bahama Islands, and the Greater and Lesser Antilles, excepting the islands of Tobago and Trinidad. By Charles B. Cory. Boston, Estes & Lauriat, 1886. url .
- A manual of North American birds by Robert Ridgway. Philadelphia: J.B. Lippincott, 1887. url .
- A manual of North American birds. By Robert Ridgway. Illustrated by 464 outline drawings of the generic characters. Philadelphia, J. B. Lippincott Company, 1887. url p. 71.
- A manual of North American birds. Philadelphia: J.B. Lippincott Co., 1900. url p. 71.
- A manual of palæarctic birds, by H. E. Dresser. London, The author, 1902-03. url p. 848.
- A manual of the birds of Australia / by Gregory M. Mathews. .. and. .. Tom Iredale; illus. with coloured and monochrome plates by Lilian Medland. London: Witherby, 1921. url , , , p. 16.
- A manual of the birds of Australia, by Gregory M. Mathews. .. and Tom Iredale. .. Illustrated with coloured and monochrome plates by Lilian Medland. Vol. I. Orders Casuarii to Columbæ. London, H.F. & G. Witherby, 1921. url , , p. 16.
- A manual of the vertebrate animals of the northern United States, including the district north and east of the Ozark mountains, south of the Laurentian hills, north of the southern boundary of Virginia, and east of the Missouri river, inclusive of marine species, by Chicago, A.C. McClurg and company, 1899. url p. 224.
- A natural history of the nests and eggs of British birds / by the Rev. F.O. Morris. London: John C. Nimmo, 1896. url , .
- A popular handbook of the birds of the United States and Canada / Boston: Little, Brown, 1921. url , .
- A popular handbook of the ornithology of the United States and Canada: based on Nuttall's Manual / by Montague Chamberlain. Boston: Little, B., & Co., 1903. url p. 264.
- A preliminary list of the birds found in Vermont / by George H. Perkins; assisted by Clifton D. Howe. Albany: Wynkoop Hallenbeck Crawford Co., 1901. url .
- A summer on the Yenesei (1914) London: E. Arnold, 1915. url p. 149.
- A systematic list of the birds of California / by Joseph Grinnell. Hollywood: Cooper Ornithological Club, 1912. url p. 7.
- Abstract of proceedings of the Delaware Valley Ornithological Club of Philadelphia. [Philadelphia]Delaware Valley Ornithological Club. url p. 11.
- Abstract of the proceedings of the Linnaean Society of New York City, for the official year. . [New York]: The Society, [1889-1932] url p. 136, p. 60, p. 70, p. 87.
- American bird magazine, ornithology. Worcester, Mass.: C.K. Reed, 1903-1906. url p. 212.
- American ornithology, for home and school. [Worcester, Mass.: Charles K. Reed], 1901-. url p. 212.
- An illustrated manual of British birds, with 384 illustrations and 3 colored maps. London, Gurney, 1899. url p. 733.
- Animal forms; a text-book of zoology, by David S. Jordan. .. and Harold Heath. New York: D. Appleton, 1907, c1902. url p. 212.
- Animal studies; a text-book of elementary zoology for use in high schools and colleges, New York, D. Appleton and company, 1903. url p. 220.
- Animals; a text-book of zoology, by David S. Jordan. .. Vernon L. Kellogg. .. and Harold Heath. New York, D. Appleton, 1907, c1902. url p. 212.
- Annals of the South African Museum. Annale van die Suid-Afrikaanse Museum. Cape Town [etc., South African Museum, etc.] url p. 292, p. 310, p. 311, p. 319, p. 363.
- Annual report / Albany: University of the State of New York, 1902-1918. url p. 105, p. 164, p. 165, p. 490, p. 700.
- Annual report of the Board of Regents of the Smithsonian Institution. Washington: Smithsonian Institution, -1965. url p. 324, p. 730.
- Annual report of the New Jersey State Museum. Trenton, N.J.: MacCrellish & Quigley, url p. 70.
- Annual report of the New York Zoological Society. New York: The Society, 1897- url p. 149.
- Annual report of the Regents / Albany: J.B. Lyon, State Printer, 1890-1903. url p. 219, p. 404.
- Austral avian record; a scientific journal devoted primarily to the study of the Australian avifauna. London: Witherby. url p. 221, p. 50, p. 66.
- Australian bird maps. Hobart, Australia: Hall, 1922. url p. 139, p. 139.
- Aves polynesiae: a catalogue of the birds of the Polynesian subregion / by Lionel K. Wiglesworth. Berlin: R. Friedlaender & Sohn, 1891. url p. 83.
- Baby bird-finder. .. by Harriet E. Richards and Emma G. Cummings. .. Boston, Mass., W.A. Butterfield, 1904-06. url p. 29.
- Bird behaviour psychical and physiological, New York, Dodd, Mead and Company url .
- Bird behaviour, psychical and physiological; by Frank Finn. With 44 illustrations on art paper. London, Hutchinson url p. 211.
- Bird guide...east of the Rockies, by Chester A. Reed. New York, Doubleday, Page & Co., 1910. url p. 62.
- Bird guide: water birds, game birds and birds of prey / by Chester A. Reed. Garden City, N.Y.: Doubleday, Page, 1916, c1910. url p. 62.
- Bird lore. New York City: Macmillan Co., c1899-c1940. url p. 278.
- Bird-lore. New York, National Association of Audubon Societies. url p. 278, p. 342.
- Birdcraft: a field book of two hundred song, game, and water birds / New York: Macmillan, 1900. url .
- Birdcraft; a field book of two hundred song, game, and water birds, by Mabel Osgood Wright. .. With eighty full-page plates by Louis Agassiz Fuertes. London: The Macmillan company, 1897. url p. 268, p. 316.
- Birds & nature magazine. Chicago, nature study publishing company [etc.]1896-1907. url p. 118.
- Birds / by A.H. Evans. London: Macmillan, 1899 (1909 printing). url p. 65.
- Birds and nature in natural colors: being a scientific and popular treatise on four hundred birds of the United States and Canada. Chicago: A.W. Mumford, Publisher, 1913-1914. url p. 342.
- Birds and nature. Chicago, Ill.: A.W. Mumford, Publisher, 1900-1907. url p. 118.
- Birds of America; editor-in-chief, T. Gilbert Pearson; consulting editor, John Burroughs; artists, R.I. Brasher, R. Bruce Horsfall [and] Henry Thurston. 1 1923 New York, The University Society, 1923. url figure , p. 84.
- Birds of Britain, by J. Lewis Bonhote. .. with 100 illustrations in colour selected by H.E. Dresser from his Birds of Europe.' London: A. and C. Black, 1907. url p. 393.
- Birds of Labrador / Boston: Boston Society of Natural History, 1907. url .
- Birds of Labrador / by Charles W. Townsend and Glover M. Allen. Boston: Printed for the Society, 1907. url p. 321.
- Birds of Massachusetts and other New England states / [Norwood, Ma.: Printed by Berwick and Smith Company], 1925-1929 url , p. 149, p. 447.
- Birds of New York / Albany: University of the State of New York, 1914. url .
- Birds of New York / by Elon Howard Eaton. Albany: University of the State of New York, 1910-1914. url , p. 164, p. 490, p. 700.
- Birds of New York Albany, University of the State of New York, 1910-14 url p. 700.
- Birds of New York, Albany, University of the State of New York, 1910-14. url .
- Birds of New York, by Elon Howard Eaton. .. Albany, University of the State of New York, 1910-14. url p. 164, p. 490.
- Birds of North Carolina, by T. Gilbert Pearson, C. S. Brimley and H. H. Brimley. Raleigh, Edwards & Broughton printing co., state printers, 1919. url p. 43.
- Birds of South Carolina, Charleston, S.C., [The Daggett Printing Co.]1910. url , .
- Birds of South Carolina, by Arthur Trezevant Wayne. With an introduction by the editor. Charleston, S.C., [The Daggett Printing Co.]1910. url p. 10.
- Birds of eastern Canada / Ottawa: F.A. Acland, 1922. url .
- Birds of eastern Canada / Ottawa: J. de L. Tache?, 1919. url .
- Birds of eastern Canada / by P. A. Taverner. Ottawa: F. A. Acland, 1922. url p. 60.
- Birds of eastern Canada / by P.A. Taverner. Ottawa: Canada Dept. of Mines, Geological Survey, 1919. url p. 59.
- Birds of eastern Canada, by P.A. Taverner. Ottawa, J. de L. Taché, Printer, 1919. url p. 59.
- Birds of eastern North America, Garden City, N. Y., Doubleday, Page & Company, 1912. url , .
- Birds of the New York city region, by Ludlow Griscom, assistant curator of ornithology, with the cooperation of the Linnæan society of New York. .. New York, The Museum, 1923. url p. 395, p. 86.
- Birds of the plains, by Douglas Dewar. .. with sixteen illustrations from photographs of living birds, by Captain F. D. S. Fayrer, I. M. S. London, J. Lane;1909  url p. 245, p. 245.
- Birds of the world; a popular account. With a chapter on the anatomy of birds, by Frederic A. Lucas; the whole edited by Robert Ridgway. New York, Holt, 1909. url p. 119.
- Birds of western New York. Rochester, N.Y., The Society, 1901. url p. 19.
- Birds' nests; an introduction to the science of caliology, London, F. A. Stokes company, 1902. url , .
- Birds. By Eugene W. Oates. London: Taylor and Francis; [etc., etc.], 1889-98. url p. 354.
- Birds. London, Taylor and Francis, 1889-1898. url .
- Birds: illustrated by color photography: a monthly serial. .. Chicago, Ill.: Nature Study Publishing Co., 1897-1898. url p. 120.
- British birds with their nests and eggs London, Brumby & Clarke[1896-98] url .
- British birds, London, Longmans, Green, and co., 1921. url , p. 336.
- British birds, by W. H. Hudson, C.M.Z.S. With a chapter on structure and classification by Frank E. Beddard, F.R.S. With 8 coloured plates from original drawings by A. Thorburn and 8 plates and 100 figures in black London, Longmans, Green, and co., 1921. url .
- British birds, by W.H. Hudson, C.M.Z.S. With a chapter on structure and classification by Frank E. Beddard, F. R.S. With 8 coloured plates from original drawings by A. Thorburn and 8 plates and 100 figures in black London, Longmans, Green, and co., 1895. url .
- British birds. London, Witherby & Co. url p. 199, p. 369.
- British birds: key list. London, R. H. Porter, 1892. url p. 63, p. 63.
- Bulletin - New York State Museum. Albany: New York State Education Dept. url p. 219, p. 404.
- Bulletin - United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.];1877-1971. url , p. 10, p. 110, p. 117, p. 128, p. 165, p. 272, p. 341, p. 473, p. 63, p. 98.
- Bulletin / Peabody Museum of Natural History. 1972 New Haven: Peabody Museum of Natural History, url fig. 5, p. 64.
- Bulletin / State Geological and Natural History Survey of Connecticut. [Hartford]: The Survey, 1904- url p. 194, p. 26, p. 366.
- Bulletin of the British Museum (Natural History). London: BM(NH) url p. 204.
- Bulletin of the British Ornithologists' Club. London: The Club, 1893- url , , p. 87.
- Bulletin of the Museum of Comparative Zoology at Harvard College. 59 1915 Cambridge, Mass.: The Museum, 1863- url p. 129, p. 129, p. 140, p. 146, p. 172, p. 201, p. 309, p. 647.
- Bulletin of the United States Geological and Geographical Survey of the Territories / Department of the Interior. Washington: Government Printing Office, 1874- url p. 1026, p. 1028.
- California fish and game. [San Francisco, etc.]: State of California, Resources Agency, Dept. of Fish and Game. url p. 119.
- Cassinia. Philadelphia: Delaware Valley Ornithological Club, 1901- url p. 30, p. 30, p. 45, p. 50, p. 53, p. 58.
- Catalogue of Canadian birds / by John Macoun and James M. Macoun. Ottawa: Canada Dept. of Mines, Geological Survey Branch, 1909. url p. 66.
- Catalogue of Canadian birds, Ottawa, Government Printing Bureau, 1909. url .
- Catalogue of Canadian birds, by John Macoun. .. and James M. Macoun. .. Ottawa, Government printing bureau, 1909. url p. 66.
- Catalogue of birds of the Americas and the adjacent islands in Field Museum of Natural History. Charles E. Hellmayr, Boardman Conover. 13 1948 Chicago: Field Museum of Natural History, 1948. url p. 87, p. 88.
- Catalogue of the Birds in the British Museum. London, 1874-98. url p. 358.
- Catalogue of the Collection of Birds' Eggs in the British Museum / By E. W. Oates [and afterwards] by S. G. Reid [and] W. R. Ogilvie-Grant. London, 1901-12. url p. 150.
- Catalogue of the collection of birds' eggs in the British museum (Natural history). London: Printed by order of the Trustees, 1901-12. url p. 150.
- Check list of New York birds, Albany, University of the State of New York, 1900. url , .
- Check list of New York birds, by Marcus S. Farr. Albany: University of the State of New York, 1900. url p. 219, p. 404.
- Check-list of North American birds / prepared by a committee of the American ornithologists' union. Lancaster, Pa.: The Union, 1931. url p. 16.
- Check-list of North American birds, prepared by a committee of the American Ornithologists' Union. New York, American Ornithologists' Union, 1910. url p. 58, p. 58.
- Check-list of North American birds. [Ithaca, N.Y.]1957. url p. 25, p. 663, p. 678.
- Check-list of North American birds: the species of birds of North America from the Arctic through Panama, including the West Indies and Hawaiian Islands / prepared by the Committee on Classification and Nomenclature of the American Orni Lawrence, Kan.: American Ornithologists' Union, 1983. url p. 26, p. 799.
- Check-list of birds of the world. Cambridge: Harvard University Press, 1931-1987. url p. 103.
- Color key to North American birds, with bibliographical appendix, by Frank M. Chapman. .. with upwards of 800 drawings, by Chester A. Reed, B.S. New York, D. Appleton & Company, 1912. url p. 261, p. 261, p. 345, p. 345, p. 66, p. 66.
- Color key to North American birds; with bibliographical appendix. New York, D. Appleton, 1912. url .
- Coloured figures of the birds of the British Islands / issued by Lord Lilford. London: R. H. Porter, 1885-1897. url , p. 241, p. 9.
- Contents and index to volume 1 / Charles B. Cory. 1 1917 Chicago: Natural History Museum, 1917. url p. 357.
- Contributions to the natural history of the Bermudas. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1884. url p. 272.
- Current bibliography for aquatic sciences and fisheries. London, Taylor & Francis ltd. url p. 109.
- Discovery reports. London; Cambridge University Press. url , p. 128, p. 177, p. 368, p. 459, p. 577.
- Effects of man's activities on the marine environment: prepared at the request of Hon. Warren G. Magnuson, chairman, Committee on Commerce, and Hon. Ernest F. Hollings, chairman, National Ocean Policy Study, for the use of the Committee on Commerce and th [prepared by James E. Miekle]. Washington: U.S. Govt. Print. Off., 1975. url p. 6.
- Eggs of North American birds; by Chas. J. Maynard. Illustrated with ten hand-colored plates. Boston, De Wolfe, Fiske & co., 1890. url p. 16.
- FWS/0BS. [Washington]Fish and Wildlife Service, U.S. Dept. of the Interior. url , p. 20.
- Fauna of New England, 11: list of the aves / by Glover M. Allen. Boston: Society of Natural History, 1909. url p. 2, p. 25.
- Fauna of New England. Boston, Printed for the [Boston] Society [of Natural History] from the Gurdon Saltonstall Fund, 1904-25. url p. 2.
- Fauna of New England. List of the Araneida. Boston, For Society, 1908. url , p. 2.
- Fauna of New England. by Glover M. Allen. Boston: Society of Natural History, 1909. url p. 2, p. 25.
- Features of various offshore structures / by Joseph Peraino. .. [et al.]. Fort Belvoir, Va.: Coastal Engineering Research Center, 1975. url p. 18.
- Field book of birds of the Panama Canal Zone; a description on the habits, call notes and songs of the birds of the Panama Canal Zone, for the purpose of identifying them. Many of these birds are also common in Central and South America. By Bertha Bement Sturgis; with over 100 illustrations, colour plates, pen-and-ink sketches, and a map of the Panama Canal Zone. London, G. P. Putnam's sons, 1928. url , , .
- Fishery bulletin. United States Fish and Wildlife Service. Washington, The Service, U.S. Govt Print. Off. url p. 523, p. 593.
- Food habits of some Arctic birds and mammals / by Clarence Cottam and Harold C. Hanson. 20 1938 Chicago, ILL: Field Museum of Natural History, c1938. url p. 408.
- Game, shore, and water birds of India, with additional references to their allied species in other parts of the world. London, W. Thacker, 1904. url .
- Guide to taxidermy, by Chas. K. Reed and Chester A. Reed. Illustrated by drawings and photographs of mounted specimens by the authors and Mr. N. F. Stone. Worcester, Mass., C.K. Reed, 1914. url p. 241.
- Guide to the Gallery of Birds in the Department of Zoology, British Museum (Natural History). London: Printed by order of the Trustees, 1921. url p. 44.
- Guide to the birds of Europe and North Africa. With a biographical memoir by William Eagle Clarke. London, Gurney and Jackson, 1923. url p. 240.
- Guide to the gallery of birds in the department of zoology, British Museum (Natural History) London: Printed by order of the Trustees, 1921. url p. 44.
- Hand-book to the birds of Great Britain. London, Allen, 1894-97. url p. 145, p. 145.
- Handbook and guide to the British birds on exhibition in the Lord Derby Natural History Museum, Liverpool. Liverpool, C. Tinling, 1914. url p. 59.
- Handbook of birds of eastern North America; with introductory chapters on the study of birds in nature, London, D. Appleton and Company, 1912. url .
- Handbook of field and general ornithology; a manual of the structure and classification of birds, London, Macmillan, 1890. url .
- Hunting and fishing in Florida, including a key to the water birds known to occur in the state / by Charles B. Cory. Boston: Estes and Lauriat, 1896. url p. 149, p. 203, p. 300.
- Hunting and fishing in Florida: including a key to the water birds known to occur in the State / by Charles B. Cory. Boston: Estes & Lauriat, 1896 [c1895] url p. 149, p. 203, p. 300.
- IUCN Directory of Neotropical Protected Areas IUCN url p. 115.
- Ibis. [London]Published for the British Ornithologists' Union by Academic Press. url p. 126, p. 148, p. 151, p. 155, p. 166, p. 169, p. 180, p. 185, p. 206, p. 223, p. 238, p. 259, p. 318, p. 326, p. 329, p. 333, p. 439, p. 441, p. 460, p. 495, p. 498, p. 5, p. 564, p. 589, p. 594, p. 603, p. 604, p. 609, p. 621, p. 639, p. 649, p. 655, p. 665, p. 675, p. 68, p. 755, p. 766, p. 774.
- Illustrated bird dictionary and note book: Water birds, game birds and birds of prey / by Chester A. Reed. Garden City (N.Y.): Doubleday, Page & Co., 1912. url p. 28.
- In Audubon's Labrador, Boston andHoughton Mifflin Company[c1918] url , p. 350.
- International catalogue of scientific literature. LondonPublished for the International Council by the Royal Society of London1901-1920 url p. 75.
- Journal of the Washington Academy of Sciences. Washington [etc., Washington Academy of Sciences] url p. 21, p. 541, p. 62.
- Key to North American birds. Containing a concise account of every species of living and fossil bird at present known from the continent north of the Mexican and United States boundary, inclusive of Greenland and Lower California Boston, Estes and Lauriat, 1896. url , , p. 132, p. 849, p. 893.
- Key to the water birds of Florida. Boston, Barta Press1896. url p. 71.
- Labrador, the country and the people, New York, The Macmillan co., 1913. url .
- Labrador: the country and the people / by Wilfred T. Grenfell and others. New York: Macmillan Co., 1909. url p. 470.
- Life histories of North American petrels and pelicans and their allies: order Tubinares and order Steganopodes / Washington: Govt. Print. Off., 1922. url , .
- List of birds found in the vicinity of Bridgeport, Connecticut / Prepared for the Bridgeport Scientific Society by C. K. Averill, Jr., January, 1892. Bridgeport, Conn.: Buckingham & Brewer, Printers, 1892. url p. 4.
- List of the birds of India. 78 p.24 cm. url p. 68.
- Madagascar: an environmental profile IUCN Conservation Monitoring Centre url p. 175.
- Manual of the vertebrate animals of the northern U.S.. .. inclusive of the marine species. Chicago, McClurg, 1894, c1876-88. url .
- Memoirs of the Museum of Comparative Zoölogy, at Harvard College, Cambridge, Mass. 13 1884 Cambridge [Mass.]: The Museum, 1876-1940. url fig. in text, page 416, p. 416.
- Memoirs of the Nuttall Ornithological Club. Cambridge, Mass.: The Club, 1886- url p. 110, p. 193, p. 24, p. 344, p. 45.
- Memoirs of the San Diego Society of Natural History. 13 1984 San Diego, Calif.: The Society, 1931-1989. url p. 245, p. 27, p. 272.
- Migration of birds. by Frederick C. Linclon; revised by Steven R. Peterson; associate editor Peter A. Anastasi; illustrated by Bob Hines. Washington: Dept. of the Interior, Fish and Wildlife Service: for sale by the Supt. of Docs., U.S. Govt. Print. Off., 1979. url p. 117.
- Museum bulletin / Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1908-1916. url p. 105, p. 49.
- Natural history. London, Printed by order of the Trustees of the British Museum, 1907-12. url , p. 76.
- Natural history. New York: American Museum of Natural History. url p. 138.
- Natural history: [voyage of the S.S. Discovery under Capt. R.F. Scott] / edited by Jeffrey Bell London: British Museum, 1907-1912 url p. 120, p. 76.
- Naturalist's guide to the Americas, prepared by the Committee on the Preservation of Natural Conditions of the Ecological Society of America, with assistance from numerous organizations and individuals, assembled and edited by chairman, Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins, 1926. url p. 751, p. 751.
- Nature in Acadie / London: John Bale, 1895. url .
- Nature in Acadie by H.K. Swann. London: J. Bale, 1895. url .
- Nests and eggs of Australian birds, including the geographical distribution of the species and popular observations thereon, by Archibald James Campbell. ... With map, 28 coloured plates and 131 photographic illustrations. Sheffield, Printed for the author by Pawson & Brailsford, 1901. url p. 869.
- Nests and eggs of North American birds by Oliver Davie; introduction by J. Parker Norris; illustrations by Theodore Jasper and W. Otto Emerson. Columbus [Ohio]: Hann & Adair, 1889. url .
- New England bird life: being a manual of New England ornithology; rev. and ed. from the manuscript of Winfrid A. Stearns. .. by Dr. Elliott Coues. .. Boston, C.T. Dillingham, 1881-83. url p. 383, p. 383, p. 383, p. 408, p. 408, p. 408.
- New England bird life; being a manual of New England ornithology: rev.and ed. from the manuscript of Winfrid A. Stearns / Boston, C. T. Dillingham, 1883-, c1881. url .
- North American birds eggs, New York, Doubleday, Page & company, 1904. url .
- North American birds eggs, by Chester A. Reed...illustrating the eggs of nearly every species of North American birds. New York, Doubleday, Page & company, 1904. url p. 346.
- North American birds eggs. New York: Dover Pub, . url p. 346, p. 54.
- North American fauna. Washington: Fish and Wildlife Service; for sale by the Supt. of Docs., U. S. Govt. Print. Off. url p. 396, p. 396.
- Notes on the birds of Damara Land and the adjacent countries of South-west Africa. Arranged and edited by John Henry Gurney, with some additional notes by the editor and an introductory chapter containing a sketch of the author's life, abridged from the original published in Sweden. London, J. van Voorst, 1872. url p. 351.
- Notes on the birds of Damara land and the adjacent countries of the south-west Africa. By the late Charles John Anderson. .. Arranged and edited by John Henry Gurney, with some additional notes by the editor, and and introductory chapter containing a sketch of the author's life, abridge London, J. van Voorst1872. url p. 351.
- Notes on the birds of Herefordshire, contributed by members of the Woolhope Club. Collected and arranged by the late Henry Graves Bull.
- Occasional papers of the Boston Society of Natural History. Boston, Boston Society of Natural History, 1869-1941. url .
- Ocean birds. By J. F. Green. With a preface by A. G. Guillemard. And a treatise on skinning birds, by F. H. H. Guillemard, M. D. The illustrations by Frances E. Green. London, R. H. Porter, 1887. url p. 95.
- Oceanic birds of South America: a study of species of the related coasts and seas, including the American quadrant of Antarctica, based upon the Brewster-Sanford collection in the American Museum of Natural History / by Robert Cushman Murphy; illustrated from paintings by Francis L. Jaques; photographs, maps, and other drawings. I 1936 New York: Macmillan Co.: c1936. url p. 168, p. 213, p. 225, p. 258, p. 479, p. 57, p. 728, p. 740, p. 748, p. 754, p. 757, p. 758, p. 766, p. 783.
- Ootheca Wolleyana: an illustrated catalogue of the collection of birds' eggs, begun by the late John Wolley, jun.. .. and continued with additions, by the editor, Alfred Newton. .. London, sold by R. H. Porter, 1864-1907. url p. 447, p. 664.
- Ornithological bibliography. [Washington: Geological Survey [etc.], 1878-1880. url p. 1024, p. 1026, p. 1028.
- Ornithological gazetteer of Chile / Raymond A. Paynter, Jr. Cambridge, Mass.: Bird Dept., Museum of Comparative Zoology, Harvard University, 1988. url p. 322.
- Ornithological miscellany / 1 1876 London: Trübner and Co., Bernard Quaritch, R.H. Porter, 1876-1878. url p. 227, p. 238.
- Ornithologist and oo?logist Pawtucket, R.I. url , p. 138.
- Our birds in their haunts: a popular treatise on the birds of eastern North America. New York: Orange Judd Co., 1892. url p. 626.
- Our country's birds and how to know them. A guide to all the birds of Great Britain. London, Simpkin, Marshall, Hamilton, Kent[1892?] url , , .
- Pacific coast avifauna / Cooper Ornithnological Club of California. Santa Clara, Calif.: The Club, 1900-1974. url p. 102, p. 102, p. 124, p. 124, p. 205, p. 29, p. 58, p. 64, p. 7.
- Papers and proceedings of the Royal Society of Tasmania. Hobart, Tasmania, The Society. url p. 100.
- Parental care and its evolution in birds. Urbana, University of Illinois Press, 1952. url p. 180.
- Problems of polar research; a series of papers by thirty-one authors. New York, American geographical society, 1928. url p. 373, p. 473.
- Proceedings - California Academy of Sciences, 4th series. San Francisco, California Academy of Sciences. url p. 14, p. 15, p. 17, p. 18, p. 180, p. 64, p. 65.
- Proceedings - Staten Island Institute of Arts and Sciences. Staten Island, N.Y., Staten Island Institute of Arts and Sciences. url , p. 165, p. 247.
- Proceedings of the Biological Society of Washington. Washington, Biological Society of Washington url p. 18, p. 181, p. 191, p. 197, p. 224, p. 5.
- Proceedings of the California Academy of Sciences, 4th series. San Francisco, California Academy of Sciences. url p. 120, p. 121, p. 14, p. 15, p. 160, p. 165, p. 17, p. 18, p. 180, p. 64, p. 65.
- Proceedings of the Linnean Society of New South Wales. Sydney, Linnean Society of New South Wales. url , p. 253, p. 291.
- Proceedings of the Manchester Institute of Arts and Sciences. Manchester, N.H.: The Institute, 1900-1911. url p. 215.
- Proceedings of the Rochester Academy of Science. Rochester, N.Y.: The Academy.1889- url .
- Proceedings of the Royal Physical Society of Edinburgh. Edinburgh: The Society, 1858-1955 url p. 30.
- Proceedings of the Royal Zoological Society of New South Wales. Mosman, New South Wales [etc.]The Society. url p. 11, p. 11.
- Proceedings of the United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.] url p. 1065, p. 12, p. 15, p. 19, p. 253, p. 258, p. 5, p. 6, p. 60, p. 657, p. 804, p. 84.
- Proceedings of the Zoological Society of London. London: Academic Press, [etc.], 1833-1965. url p. 1042, p. 403, p. 411, p. 510, p. 510, p. 735, p. 736, p. 736.
- Proceedings of the eighth Pacific Science Congress of the Pacific Science Association: held at the University of the Philippines, Diliman, Quezon City, 16th to 28th November 1953 / under the auspices of the National Research Council of the Philippines and the Republic of the Philippines. Quezon City: National Research Council of the Philippines, University of the Philippines, 1955. url p. 480.
- Publications in zoology = Publications en zoologie. Ottawa: National Museums of Canada, National Museum of Natural Sciences, 1970-1982. url p. 24, p. 27.
- Rambles of an Australian naturalist, written by Paul Fountain. .. from the notes and journals of Thomas Ward. London, J. Murray, 1907. url p. 338.
- Report of the Australian Association for the advancement of Science. Sidney, The Association. url p. 150.
- Report of the Commissioner for. .. / United States Commission of Fish and Fisheries. Washington: G.P.O., 1874-1905. url p. 1095.
- Report of the scientific results of the voyage of S.Y. "Scotia" during the years 1902, 1903, and 1904, under the leadership of William S. Bruce. .. Edinburgh: The Scottish oceanographical laboratory, 1907- url , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , p. 102, p. 15, p. 4, p. 56, p. 76, p. 8.
- Report on the anatomy of the petrels (Tubinares) collected during the voyage of H.M.S. Challenger / by W.A. Forbes. London?: s.n., 1882 url , , , , p. 18, p. 4.
- Report on the birds of Pennsylvania: with special reference to the food habits, based on over four thousand stomach examinations / by B.H. Warren. Harrisburg: E.K. Meyers, State Printer, 1890. url .
- Report on the collections of natural history made in the Antarctic regions during the voyage of the "Southern Cross." London: Printed by order of the Trustees, 1902. url p. 84, p. 85, p. 85, p. 94, p. 94.
- Report on the progress and condition of the U.S. National Museum for the year ending June 30. .. / Smithsonian Institution, United States National Museum. Washington: G.P.O., 1907-1951. url p. 171.
- Report on the scientific results of the voyage of S.Y. "Scotia" during the years 1902, 1903 and 1904, under the leadership of William S. Bruce. Edinburgh:Scottish Oceanographical Laboratory, 1907-20. url , , , , p. 15, p. 216, p. 217, p. 221, p. 223, p. 233, p. 256, p. 260, p. 275, p. 284, p. 293, p. 308.
- Reports of the Princeton University Expeditions to Patagonia, 1896-1899. J. B. Hatcher in charge. Edited by William B. Scott. Princeton, The University, 1901-32 [v. 1, 1903] url p. 115, p. 115, p. 120, p. 121.
- Results of the first Joint US-USSR Central Pacific Expedition (BERPAC): Autumn 1988 / John F. Turner, . .. [et al.]; P.A. Nagel, editor. Washington, DC: U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, 1992. url p. 254.
- Review of information regarding the conservation of living resources of the Antarctic marine ecosystem: final report / John L. Bengtson. Washington, D.C.: U.S. Marine Mammal Commission,  url p. 80.
- Science and the sea. Washington, U.S. Naval Oceanographic Office; For sale by the Supt. of Docs., U.S. Govt. Print. Off. url p. 67, p. 67.
- Sea-birds: an introduction to the natural history of the sea-birds of the North Atlantic / by James Fisher and R. M. Lockley. Boston: Houghton, Mifflin, 1954. url p. 27, p. 296, p. 309, p. 314.
- Social feeding behavior of birds. 36 1954 [Chicago]Chicago Natural History Museum, 1954. url p. 40.
- Spolia zeylanica. S.l.: s.n. url , p. 300, p. 400, p. 61.
- Stellwagen Bank National Marine Sanctuary final environmental impact statement/management plan / Sanctuaries and Reserves Division. Washington, D.C.: The Division,  url p. 32, p. 33.
- Stray feathers. Journal of ornithology for India and its dependencies. Calcutta: s.n., 1872-1899. url p. 140.
- Studies in bird migration, London, Gurney and Jackson; [etc., etc.]1912. url .
- Studies in bird migration, by William Eagle Clarke. .. with maps, weather charts, and other illustrations. .. London, Gurney and Jackson; [etc., etc.]1912. url p. 43.
- Supplement to the birds of Essex County, Massachusetts / Cambridge, Mass.: The Club, 1920. url .
- The American Museum journal. New York: American Museum of Natural History, c1900- url p. 246.
- The American oologists' exchange price list of North American birds' eggs, 1922 / compiled by a committee of twenty-five prominent American oologists. Lacon, Ill.: R. Magoon Barnes, 1922. url p. 45.
- The Antarctic manual for the use of the expedition of 1901 / London: Royal Geographical Society, 1901. url .
- The Arcturus adventure: an account of the New York Zoological Society's first oceanographic expedition / by William Beebe. .. with 77 illus. from colored plates, photos. and maps, published under the auspices of the Zoological Society. New York: Putnam, 1926. url p. 436.
- The Auk. Washington, D.C.: American Ornithologists' Union, etc., 1884- url , , , p. 105, p. 111, p. 119, p. 128, p. 132, p. 161, p. 177, p. 197, p. 241, p. 249, p. 260, p. 302, p. 35, p. 350, p. 357, p. 372, p. 378, p. 394, p. 410, p. 417, p. 429, p. 438, p. 438, p. 440, p. 442, p. 444, p. 447, p. 452, p. 454, p. 455, p. 455, p. 46, p. 461, p. 462, p. 472, p. 478, p. 478, p. 482, p. 506, p. 530, p. 530, p. 550, p. 558, p. 582, p. 71, p. 80, p. 85, p. 98.
- The Bahama Islands / edited by George Burbank Shattuck. New York: Macmillan, 1905. url , p. 359, p. 359, p. 620.
- The Bahama Islands, London, The Macmillan company, 1905. url p. 359, p. 359, p. 619.
- The Bermuda Islands: a contribution to the physical history and zoology of the Somers archipelago. With an examination of the structure of coral reefs. Researches undertaken under the auspices of the Academy of natural sc Philadelphia, The author, 1889. url p. 82.
- The Bermuda islands: a contribution to the physical history and zoology of the Somers archipelago. With an examination of the structure of coral reefs. Researches undertaken under the auspices of the Academy of natural Philadelphia, The Author, 1889. url .
- The Biological bulletin. Woods Hole, Mass.: Marine Biological Laboratory, url p. 249.
- The Bulletin of zoological nomenclature. London, International Trust for Zoological Nomenclature. url p. 319.
- The Cambridge natural history / edited by S. F. Harmer and A. E. Shipley. London: Macmillan and Co.; 1895-1909. url p. 65.
- The Cambridge natural history, London, Macmillan and Co., Limited;1895-1909 url .
- The Cambridge natural history, ed. by S.F. Harmer. .. and A.E. Shipley. .. London, Macmillan and co., limited;1895-1909 url p. 65, p. 65.
- The Canadian bird book: illustrating in natural colors more than seven hundred north American birds, also several hundred photographs of their nests and eggs / by Chester A. Reed. Toronto: Musson Book Co., c1914. url p. 462, p. 71.
- The Canadian field-naturalist. Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url , p. 105, p. 140, p. 174, p. 199, p. 234, p. 236, p. 239, p. 280, p. 311, p. 433, p. 443, p. 448, p. 46, p. 527, p. 532, p. 537.
- The Coues check list of North American birds [Elliott Coues]. Boston: Estes and Lauriat, 1882. url .
- The Emu: official organ of the Australasian Ornithologists' Union. Melbourne: Royal Australasian Ornithologists Union, 1901- url p. 128, p. 133, p. 16, p. 164, p. 165, p. 166, p. 167, p. 201, p. 206, p. 207, p. 214, p. 281, p. 6.
- The Journal of the Natural History Society of Siam. [Bangkok, Thailand]: The Society, url p. 87.
- The Journal of the South African Ornithologists' Union. Pretoria. url p. 134, p. 53.
- The Labrador coast. A journal of two summer cruises to that region. New York: N.D.C. Hodges, 1891. url .
- The Labrador coast. New York, N. D. C. Hodges: [etc., etc.]1891. url p. 439.
- The Marine Mammal Commission compendium of selected treaties, international agreements, and other relevant documents on marine resources, wildlife, and the environment: first update / compiled by Richard L. Wallace. [Bethesda, Md.: For sale by the U.S. G.P.O., Supt. of Docs.], 1997. url p. 12, p. 17, p. 42, p. 54.
- The Naturalist. 1894 [Doncaster: Yorkshire Naturalists' Union], 1874- url p. 192.
- The Oo?logist for the student of birds, their nests and eggs. Albion, N.Y.: Frank H. Lattin, 1886- url p. 139.
- The Popular science monthly. New York, Popular Science Pub. Co., etc. url , p. 71.
- The Proceedings and transactions of the Nova Scotian Institute of Science. Halifax, Nova Scotian Institute of Science. url p. 572.
- The Victoria history of the county of Suffolk / edited by William Page. Folkestone [Kent]: Dawson for the University of London, Institute of Historical Research, 1907-1975. url p. 214.
- The Victorian naturalist. [Melbourne]Field Naturalists Club of Victoria. url p. 26.
- The Wilson bulletin. Columbus, Ohio: Wilson Ornithological Society, 1894- url p. 9.
- The animals of New Zealand; an account of the dominion's air-breathing vertebrates, by Captain F.W. Hutton and James Drummond. Christchurch, N. Z., Whitcombe and Tombs, 1909. url p. 397, p. 404.
- The aquatic birds of Great Britain and Ireland. London, R. H. Porter, 1906. url , p. 544.
- The bird book, illustrating in natural colors more than seven hundred North American birds, also several hundred photographs of their nests and eggs, Worcester, Mass., C. K. Reed, 1914. url , .
- The bird book: illustrating in natural colors more than seven hundred North American birds; also several hundred photographs of their nests and eggs / by Chester A. Reed. Garden City, New York, Doubleday, Page & company, 1915. url p. 462, p. 71.
- The birds of Africa, comprising all the species which occur in the Ethiopian region, by G.E. Shelley. .. London, Published for the author by R.H. Porter (18 Princes Street, Cavendish Square, W.), 1896-1912. url p. 166.
- The birds of Australia, London [etc.]Whitcombe and Tombs Limited, 1911. url , , , .
- The birds of Britain: their distribution and habits / Cambridge [England]: Cambridge University Press, 1916. url .
- The birds of Connecticut, Hartford, Printed for the State Geological and Natural History Survey, 1913. url , , .
- The birds of Connecticut, by John Hall Sage and Louis Bennett Bishop, assisted by Walter Parks Bliss. Hartford, Printed for the State Geological and Natural History Survey, 1913. url p. 194, p. 194, p. 26, p. 26, p. 366, p. 366.
- The birds of Essex County, Massachusetts. By Charles Wendell Townsend, M.D. Cambridge, Mass.: The Club, 1905. url p. 110, p. 344.
- The birds of Lancashire, by F. S. Mitchell. London, Gurney & Jackson, 1892. url p. 258.
- The birds of Maine; with key to and description of the various species known to occur or to have occured in the state, an account of their distribution and migration, showing their relative abundance in the various count by Ora Willis Knight. .. Bangor, Me.[printed by C. H. Glass & co.]1908. url p. 685, p. 70.
- The birds of Massachusetts, Cambridge, Mass., 1901. url , .
- The birds of Massachusetts, by Reginald Heber Howe and Glover Morrill Allen. Cambridge, Mass., 1901. url p. 149, p. 22, p. 22.
- The birds of New Jersey / by Witmer Stone. Trenton: J.L. Murphy Pub. Co., 1909. url p. 70.
- The birds of South Africa, London, R. H. Porter, 1900-1906. url , , .
- The birds of South Africa, by Arthur C. Stark. .. London: R. H. Porter, 1900-1906. url , p. 458, p. 459.
- The birds of Yorkshire: being a historical account of the avi-fauna of the county / by T. H. Nelson; with the co-operation of W. Eagle Clarke and F. Boyes. London: A. Brown, 1907. url p. 752, p. 796.
- The birds of eastern North America known to occur east of the nineteenth meridian. .. By Charles B. Cory. Boston, Bay State Pub. Co., 1900, c1899. url p. 331.
- The birds of eastern North America: known to occur east of the ninetieth meridian / by Charles B. Cory. Chicago: Field Columbian Museum, 1899. url p. 331, p. 46.
- The birds of eastern Pennsylvania and New Jersey, with introductory chapters on geographical distribution and migration, prepared under the direction of the Delaware Valley Ornithological Club by Witmer Stone. Philadelphia, Delaware Valley Ornithological Club, 1894. url p. 181.
- The birds of the Bahama Islands: containing many birds new to the Islands, and a number of undescribed winter plumages of North American birds / by Charles B. Cory. Boston, U.S.A.: Estes & Lauriat, 1890, c1879. url .
- The birds of the Leeward islands, Caribbean sea, by Charles B. Cory. .. 1 1909 Chicago, 1909. url p. 234.
- The birds of the West Indies. Including all speciesknown to occur in the Bahama Islands, the Greater Antilles, the Caymans, and the Lesser Antilles, excepting the islands of Tobago and Trinidad. By Charles B. Cory. Boston, Estes & Lauriat, 1889. url p. 281.
- The code of nomenclature and check-list of North American birds adopted by the American Ornithologists' Union; being the report of the Committee of the Union on Classification and Nomenclature. New York, 1886. url p. 105, p. 105, p. 105.
- The collected scientific papers of the late William Alexander Forbes, Edited by F. E. Beddard. With a preface by P. L. Sclater. London, R.H. Porter, 1885. url p. 230, p. 231, p. 367, p. 372, p. 381, p. 413, p. 436, p. 437, p. 439, p. 489.
- The history of the collections contained in the natural history departments of the British Museum. by R. Bowdler Sharpe. London, 1906. url p. 174.
- The journal of the Natural History Society of Siam. [London: Luzac, 1914]-1924. url p. 87.
- The migration of birds, as observed at Irish lighthouses and lightships including the original reports from 1888-97, now published for the first time, and an analysis of these and of the previously pu together with an appendix giving the measurement sof about 1600 wings / London: R.H. Porter, [etc., etc., 1900] url p. 205.
- The natural history of South Africa. by F.W. Fitzsimons. London, New York [etc.]Longmans, Green and co., 1923. url p. 317.
- The naturalist of the Saint Croix. Memoir of George A. Boardman. A selection from his correspondence and published writings, notices of friends and contemporaries, with his list of the birds of Maine and New Brunswick. By Samuel Lane Boardman... Bangor, Priv. print., 1903. url p. 315, p. 315, p. 315.
- The new natural history, by Richard Lydekker. .. and R. Bowdler Sharpe, H.A. MacPherson, F.O. Pickard-Cambridge, W.R. Ogilvie Grant, C.J. Gahan, F.A. Bather, Edgar A. Smith, R.I. Pocock, M. Bernard, H. Bernard and R. Kirkpatr New York, Merrill and Baker[189-?] url p. 530.
- The new natural history. New York, Merrill, c1901. url p. 2300.
- The oist. Albion, N.Y.: Frank H. Lattin, 1886-1941. url p. 139.
- The ornithology of the Straits of Gibraltar / by L. Howard L. Irby. London: R.H. Porter, 1895. url p. 310, p. 322.
- The royal natural history / edited by Richard Lydekker; with preface by P.L. Sclater; illustrated with seventy-two coloured plates and sixteen hundred engravings by W. Kuhnert. .. [et al.]. London: F. Warne, 1893-1896. url p. 530.
- The royal natural history. With pref. by P. L. Sclater. Illustrated with 72 col. plates and 1600 engravings. London, F. Warne, 1893-96. url p. 530.
- The sportsman's British bird book / by R. Lydekker. London: Rowland Ward, 1908. url .
- The standard catalogue of North American birds eggs. Albion, N.Y., F.H. Lattin, 1892. url p. 8.
- The voyage of the 'Discovery' / by Robert F. Scott. Toronto: Copp, Clark, 1905. url p. 364.
- The water birds of North America by S.F. Baird, T. M. Brewer, and R. Ridgway. Boston: Little, Brown, 1884. url .
- The water birds of North America. By S. F. Baird, T. M. Brewer and R. Ridgway. Issued in continuation of the publications of the Geological survey of California. J. D. Whitney, state geologist. Boston, Little, Brown, and Company, 1884. url p. 416.
- Transactions and proceedings of the New Zealand Institute. Wellington: New Zealand Institute. url p. 187, p. 200, p. 62, p. 81.
- Transactions of the Connecticut Academy of Arts and Sciences. New Haven: Published by the Academy, 1866- url p. 449, p. 540.
- Transactions of the Maryland Academy of Science and Literature. Baltimore: The Academy, 1837. url p. 257, p. 379.
- Transactions of the San Diego Society of Natural History. 19 1977 [San Diego]: The Society, 1905-1989. url fig. 12, page 15, p. 226, p. 228, fig. 3, page 229, p. 234, fig. 6, page 8.
- Treaties and other international agreements on fisheries, oceanographic resources, and wildlife to which the United States is party / prepared at the request of Hon. Warren G. Magnuson for the use of the Committee on Commerce, United States Senate, by the Congressional Research Service, the Library of Congress. Washington, D.C.: U.S. G.P.O., 1974. url p. 821.
- Two bird-lovers in Mexico, by C. William Beebe. Illustrated with photographs from life taken by the author. Boston, Houghton, Mifflin, 1905. url p. 381.
- Visitors' guide to the local collection of birds in the American Museum of Natural History, New York City: with an annotated list of the birds known to occur within fifty miles of New York City / by Frank M. Chapman. New York: Printed for the Museum, 1894. url p. 20, p. 97.
- Wildbirds of New York / by Chester A. Reed. Mohonk Lake, N.Y.: Mohonk Salesrooms, c1912. url p. 47.
- Zoologica; scientific contributions of the New York Zoological Society. New York. url p. 428, p. 74.
- BirdLife International 2009. Oceanites oceanicus. In: IUCN 2011. IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. Version 2011.2. <www.iucnredlist.org>. Downloadedon 02February2012.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 9, 2012.
- IUCN 2012. IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. Version 2011.2. . Downloaded on January 28, 2012.
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal December 09, 2007:
- Australian Antarctic Data Centre, Seabirds of the Southern and South Indian Ocean
- Avian Knowledge Network, eBird
- Museum of Vertebrate Zoology, Terrestrial vertebrate specimens
- New Brunswick Museum, NBM birds
- Provider, Online Zoological Collections of Australian Museums
- PANGAEA - Publishing Network for Geoscientific and Environmental Data, Pangaea
- University of Michigan Museum of Zoology
- , Bird specimens
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 9077
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: ITS-174650
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 4490920
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 174650
- IUCN ID: 227497
- Natural Heritage Network Species Identifier: ABNDC01010
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 5481
- Standard Deviation = 45.550 based on 131,218 observations. Terrestrial altitude and ocean depth information for each observation from British Oceanographic Data Centre. [back]
- BirdLife International 2009. Oceanites oceanicus. In: IUCN 2011. IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. Version 2011.2. <www.iucnredlist.org>. Downloaded on 02 February 2012. [back]