Privacy Last Updated: April 24, 2023
- You access this Website
- The emails or messages with which you connect to this Website
- You interact with advertisements and applications on websites and services other than this.
Our privacy policies do not apply to the information:
- Collected offline or using other ways including through other websites operated by us or a third party.
- Collected through applications and advertisements including other content) on a third-party website that can be linked to or from the Website.
What Information We Collect and How We Do It
We collect different types of information from the users of our website including:
- The information which identifies you such as your name, postal address, email, telephone number, or any other source through which you can be contacted.
- The information that may not identify you personally but is linked to you; and
- The information that identifies your internet connection, equipment through which you use our Website and details regarding this usage.
We collect this information:
- When you provide it.
- As you access and navigate through our website – cookies, web beacons (aka clear GIF technology or action tags), and other tracking technologies are used to obtain this information.
- From our third-party service provider platform e.g. our business partners.
Following are the rules that are applied to the type of information that you provide us personally by directly contacting us or through the Website.
- We obtain personally identifiable information lawfully and through fair means. The information is obtained by the consent of the user if appropriate and with the knowledge of the guardian if required. The individual is informed before or after obtaining the information about the purpose of obtaining the information.
- We obtain and use this information for the stated reasons and for some subsidiary purposes unless the individual concerned is informed and consent is obtained or as per legal requirements.
- Personally Identifiable Information should be related to its intended purpose and should be complete, authentic, correct and latest as required by the stated purposes.
- We will keep this information secure by implementing reasonable security measures and will protect it against risks like theft/loss, unauthorized access, copying, sharing, or modifying.
- We are committed to retaining personally identifiable information as long as required for the fulfilment of the stated purposes.
We make sure to carry out our activities according to these rules hereby protecting and maintaining the confidentiality of the personally identifiable information.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
Your interaction with our Website and use of it can automatically carry out the process of information collection through automatic data collection technologies. This way, the data collected would include information about your equipment, browsing activity, and patterns and:
- Information regarding your interaction with our Website that includes data on traffic, location, and communication. It also includes weblogs and other resources that you access using our Website.
- Details regarding your devices and internet connection – including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
These automatic data collection technologies are used to collect information regarding activities that you perform online over time. Also, they collect information about activities you perform on third-party websites or services.
The data that we obtain through the use of these technologies is statistical and not other personal information. The purpose of obtaining this statistical data is to improve our Website by providing better and more personalized services. This enables us to
- Estimate the number of users engaging with our website as well as trends and patterns of interaction.
- Prioritise features and content on our Website that is relevant to you by storing information regarding your preferences and interests.
- Make the search process quicker and more efficient.
- Recognize you for your subsequent interactions with our Website.
These automatic data collection technologies may include
- If a trusted third-party advertising network places an advertisement on our Website, your browser will have these cookies to facilitate the network’s software. We cannot control these cookies because they belong to the relevant service or organization and are solely their responsibility.
- The third-party services that assist our Website in improving its performance are AddThis.com and Google Analytics. They may also set cookies to facilitate their services and performance. We cannot control these cookies because they belong to the relevant service or organisation and are solely their responsibility.
These are the tiny files that the web pages and emails contain. They work as tools to track your journey through the internet and are employed by websites to keep track of the number of users and pattern of accessing pages. Our Website uses web beacons that allow the Company to perform the stated actions that web beacons perform.
Third parties utilize the Website to publish content and advertise on it. These parties are advertisers, ad networks and servers, content providers, and application providers which either set cookies only or use web beacons along with them. They may also use other technologies to track the users’ actions on the Website. They collect personal information and your online activities on the Website or other websites or services. This collected data provides improved personalization for you by prioritizing your interests.
We have no control over the way these third parties use the tracking technologies. In case you want to inquire about certain content or advertisements, you should contact the concerned service providers or organizations. If you want to know about how to stop receiving advertising from many services, go to Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
How We Use Your Information
We want to be transparent about how we use your personal information. Following are the ways we use your information including your personally identifiable information:
- To display our website and its content to you in a better and more efficient way.
- To give you the content, products, and services that you want us to provide.
- To execute a task or fulfil a purpose for which the information is obtained.
- To carry out our obligations and exercise our rights under or in respect of any contracts entered into between you and us, including billing and collection.
- To update you about any changes made to our Website including products or services we provide through it.
- To give you the opportunity to use and engage with the interactive features on our Website.
- To perform a task or process that we specify when you provide the information.
- To fulfil any other purpose with your consent.
We can use the obtained information to assist us in advertising products and services to our advertisers’ target audiences. We are committed to not disclosing the personal information you provide. However, the advertiser will assume that you agree with the policies and meet its target criteria upon clicking the advertisement.
Disclosure of Your Information
We can, without any limitation, disclose the aggregated information collected from our users and also the information that does not personally identify anyone.
We can disclose your personally identifiable information for the following purposes.
- To our subordinate companies and affiliates
- To contractors, business partners, and other third parties we work with for support and mutual growth.
- To the involved parties, e.g. buyers or successors, in events like mergers, restructuring, reorganizing, and acquisitions of Zipcode Zoo’s assets.
- To third parties for marketing purposes in which they market their products or services to you only with your consent.
- To carry out a specified task or process for which the information is obtained from you.
- For other purposes specified by us that we inform of when you provide the information.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To adhere to the legal orders and legal process that include responding to government or regulatory authorities.
- To maintain the integrity of our service by enforcing or applying our Terms of Service.
- To safeguard the rights, property or security of Zipcode Zoo and those of our users and others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We have no control over the use of information by third parties in which they collect and use the information for interest-based advertising. However, these third parties can give you the opportunity to opt out of the collection and use of the information. You can adjust the settings for blocking the targeted ads from the members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on NAI’s website.
Those living in certain states such as California, Nevada, Colorado, Connecticut, Virginia, and Utah may be granted additional rights and choices about personal information. For more information on this, please see Your State Privacy Rights.
Your State Privacy Rights
Residents of Colorado, Connecticut, Virginia, and Utah are granted some rights by each state and these rights typically include:
- The right to confirmation of processing of their personal information.
- The right to access and remove some specific personal information that we have obtained.
- The right to obtain and reuse personal data by transferring it to other websites, applications, or services.
- Choosing to refuse personal data processing for targeted advertising and sales.
Colorado, Connecticut, and Virginia also provide their state residents with rights to:
- Make corrections to the personal information, considering the processing purpose of the information and its nature.
- Choose to refuse the further processing of the decisions that can have major legal or other impacts.
While writing comments on the Website in general or giving feedback for services or apps, make sure that you do not add any personally identifiable information to your comments.
While contacting us, keep in mind that you may be required to contact us through the online form or through email and should enter your email address if you want a response. However, if you do not want us to respond to you, you are required to enter the email address. Your email address will remain protected and will be used only by Zipcode Zoo for responding to your request.
Acting according to the relevant legislation, 13-year-olds should not contact us without adult supervision. We delete the details and the record of the contact if we suspect the contact was unsupervised. The only exception is when we believe that we need to inform the authorities of the contact.
The content on our Website will comply with the following standards and the Content Standards set forth in our Terms of Service (https://www.zipcodezoo.com/terms-and-conditions/):
- We will moderate every piece of content and approve it before it is published
- We will carry out periodic reviews of all the content on our Website to ensure that it meets standards of equality and accuracy as you expect of an online encyclopedia.
All visitor-submitted content passes through the process of moderation before being published on our Website to make sure it complies with the terms defined in our Terms of Service regarding User Contributions (https://www.zipcodezoo.com//terms-and-conditions/).
Zipcode Zoo reserves the right to publish all visitor-submitted at our sole discretion and also the right to reject any piece of content without reason.
We are committed to executing our business in accordance with these standards of moderation policy. Zipcode Zoo reserves the right to change the moderation policy when required, at Zipcode Zoo’s sole discretion.
Advertising Privacy Statement
At Zipcode Zoo, protecting your privacy is our over-riding concern. This Advertising Privacy Statement is all about informing you how we use Google AdSense and how we protect the information we collect while giving you the most tailored and personalised experience.
About Google AdSense
Google AdSense provides us with an advertising service by allowing us to present targeted advertisements to our users/visitors. This platform is provided by Google and the ads are displayed according to what users are interested in which is implied by their past interactions, the content of the web pages they visit, and other information collected by Google.
Information Collected by Google AdSense
Google AdSense collect information about users’ interactions with our Website and others through cookies and other technologies. This information includes:
- IP addresses you use
- Your browser type and settings you adjust
- Your device type and settings you adjust
- Operating system
- Mobile network information
- Your browsing history (on our site and generally across the Internet)
- Your interaction with ads
Use of Collected Information
The data gathered by Google AdSense is used to:
- Provide personalised content that is according to users’ preferences
- Assess and analyse how effective the ads are
- Work on improving and making new and efficient advertising products
Your Choices and Controls
Ee will offer you different options to consider about the information collected on our Website for advertising. You have the option to:
- Select the setting where you refuse browser cookies. However, you must know that refusing cookies can restrict your accessibility on our website by disallowing interaction with certain features.
- Adjust Google’s Ads Settings to opt out of personalised advertising. Doing so will not remove ads but make them less relevant to your preferences.
- Use privacy-focused browsers or tools for ad blocking to restrict advertising networks from collecting information.
We safeguard data from unauthorized access to or modification, disclosure, or destruction of data by taking suitable measures. We strictly control access to personal information by allowing it to be used for Zipcode Zoo’s employees, contractors, and agents who need to process the information but with compliance with contractual confidentiality obligations.
Changes to Our Advertising Privacy Statement
We can occasionally update this Advertising Privacy Statement and will inform you through posting changes on this page and updating the “Effective Date”.
If you have inquiries about our Advertising Privacy Statement or how we use Google AdSense, please contact us at Contact@zipcodezoo.com.